Windows 10: Prompted to install .NET framework v4.8 but it's already installed

Discus and support Prompted to install .NET framework v4.8 but it's already installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I try to run a program dependent on .NET framework, I get prompted to download v4.8, then when I try to install it, I'm notified that it's already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sarah_S., Oct 23, 2020.

1. Sarah_S. Win User

Prompted to install .NET framework v4.8 but it's already installed

When I try to run a program dependent on .NET framework, I get prompted to download v4.8, then when I try to install it, I'm notified that it's already installed, which makes sense because it is. Why aren't programs recognizing that 4.8 is installed? I've deactivated and reactivated it in Windows Features, tried the developer's pack, checked the registry to make sure it's truly v4.8 and updated Windows to no avail. Do you have any other suggestions? This started yesterday and didn't coincide with any known changes.

:)

Sarah_S., Oct 23, 2020

2. .net framework 3.5 sp1 not installing

All right.. this is the funny a$$ part.. So.. TRT, I did what you said.. then did something I should of did WAY before starting this.. Reg cleaner.. lol..

So.. my steps..

• Uninstall everything to which it's just .net framework 2.0
    • Restart
    • Install 3.5 sp1 via *Stick Out Tongue Prompted to install .NET framework v4.8 but it's already installed :program and Features: Turn off....
    • Restart
    • Reg clean threw CCleaner 4 times, every time had a issue.
    • Verify that all .net up to 3.5 sp1 was installed and been verified to be working
    • went to website
    • saw a action to "run test" to see if system is compatible.
    • Allowed Firewall/ windows defender to run said program (says it's a low grade trojan
    • Went to issued program and opened..
    • Worked..

lol... oh, how stupid I was.. I all ways run reg cleaner on new os's... My mind is losing myself... *Roll :roll:

Cold Storm, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Can not install Microsoft. NET Framework 3.5SP1

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about installing the .NET Framework on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to turn on .NET Framework feature and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Check if the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)
      option is available in it.
    • If yes, then enable it and then click on OK.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and restart the computer, if prompted.

This will install the .NET Framework 3.5 feature on the computer. There is also another way by which .NET Framework 3.5 gets installed on the computer. This is done by the apps on demand.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Prompted to install .NET framework v4.8 but it's already installed

.NET Framework 3.5 installation error: 0x800736B3

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to check whether the .NET Framework 3.5 has been installed or not.

• Press Windows+X and then select programs and features.
    • On the left hand side click on the option “turn windows features on or off”.
    • Check whether the “.NET Framework 3.5” has been checked or not.
    • If not check then I suggest you to check it and then install it.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Prompted to install .NET framework v4.8 but it's already installed

1. Prompted to install .NET framework v4.8 but it's already installed - Similar Threads - Prompted install NET

2. .Net framework v4.8 already installed but isn’t working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .Net framework v4.8 already installed but isn’t working: Hello,I was trying to install Microsoft .net framework v4.8.1, but whenever I do it says that it’s already installed. I then check in C:/Program Files x86/Reference Asseblies/Microsoft/Framework, and couldn’t find v4.8 file. Thing is though when I go to control...
  3. .Net framework v4.8 already installed but isn’t working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .Net framework v4.8 already installed but isn’t working: Hello,I was trying to install Microsoft .net framework v4.8.1, but whenever I do it says that it’s already installed. I then check in C:/Program Files x86/Reference Asseblies/Microsoft/Framework, and couldn’t find v4.8 file. Thing is though when I go to control...
  4. .NET Framework 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework 8: Hi,I hope this message finds you well. I am inquiring about the possibility of using .NET 8.0 for our web apps. It may offer some advantages from a security standpoint. However, some team members may have reservations about upgrading, particularly given the ongoing security...
  5. .NET Framework 4.8 or later already installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .NET Framework 4.8 or later already installed: I tried to install .net framework 4.8 but it stated ".NET Framework 4.8 or later update is already installed on this computer." File search only found v4.0_4.0.0.0. Regedit only found up to 4.0. I am certain that v4.8 has not been updated. Yet, it registers as having a later...
  6. .Net Framework not installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .Net Framework not installed: Hey, 2 Days ago I had a problem with my PC that resulted in me resetting my Windows. Yesterday then my PC worked fine. I did an update overnight and when I now wanted to use my PC, most Programs say that I have to install .NET Framework v4.0.30319 or some say just I have to...
  7. net framework error v4, net framework v4 not registered on regedit,

in Windows 10 Customization
    net framework error v4, net framework v4 not registered on regedit,: i dont know why, but after update the windows, I cant launch bunch of apps because this message,[ATTACH] and search solution at internet but still cant fixed after I check on regedit net framework v4 doesn't exits [ATTACH] please help me,...
  8. .Net Framework Already Installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .Net Framework Already Installed: I'm trying to install .net framework and I keep receiving the error message: .net framework 4.8 or a later update is already installed on this computer I have downloaded and run .net framework repair tool. After it has been run, I receive this message: The tool is...
  9. .NET Framework not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    .NET Framework not installing: so i have an app Spark 4 for gta 4 that i need to open. when i click the app, it says this app needs this feature: [ATTACH] When i click install this happens: [ATTACH] i tried the offline installer but it doesnt work. please help. [ATTACH] I have also tried the...
  10. .net framework not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .net framework not installing: Hello there I am Ronak Rajput. I got a problem with my .net framework3.5. The Problem is when i try to download the framework Windows Feature screen show me that Downloading Required files but it always stopes after 25% of downloading files but when i disconnected my...