Windows 10: Propblems With my laptop Connecting to my Windows 10 Pro Desktop

Discus and support Propblems With my laptop Connecting to my Windows 10 Pro Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am able to connect to my Desktop when I am on my home network, Remote access is not allowing me to connect to my desktop when I am on another WIFI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John Jr_123, May 16, 2019.

1. Propblems With my laptop Connecting to my Windows 10 Pro Desktop

I am able to connect to my Desktop when I am on my home network, Remote access is not allowing me to connect to my desktop when I am on another WIFI network.

Any Ideas?

:)

John Jr_123, May 16, 2019
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, May 16, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

4. Propblems With my laptop Connecting to my Windows 10 Pro Desktop

Remote Desktop Connection to System 7 Pro strange problem

Strange problem... 3 computers networked: a desktop PC [Asus M32BF - Windows 10 Home], a laptop [Lenovo B575 - System 7.0 Pro] and a trusty old desktop PC [Dell-D3000 - Windows XP Pro] running as a file server/backup.

Using Remote Desktop Connection, I can connect from all computers to the others EXCEPT from the Win10 PC to the Sys7.0 laptop I have tried disabling the firewalls but no help there. Also, file sharing works in all directions as well - 'Network' shows all 3 online.

I'm baffled - can anyone help or suggest some troubleshooting tips? Thanks much in advance - I appreciate it.

John VanMunster, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Propblems With my laptop Connecting to my Windows 10 Pro Desktop

1. Propblems With my laptop Connecting to my Windows 10 Pro Desktop - Similar Threads - Propblems laptop Connecting

2. Connecting my laptop and desktop via usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting my laptop and desktop via usb: I wanted to transfer files over from my laptop to my desktop both windows today but when I tried connecting both of them together via a USB cable, there was no usb device detected inside the file explorer. I can transfer files over when connecting my phone to desktop/laptop...
  3. Connecting my laptop and desktop via usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting my laptop and desktop via usb: I wanted to transfer files over from my laptop to my desktop both windows today but when I tried connecting both of them together via a USB cable, there was no usb device detected inside the file explorer. I can transfer files over when connecting my phone to desktop/laptop...
  4. My airpods pro automatically connects to my windows laptop even if it's already connected...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My airpods pro automatically connects to my windows laptop even if it's already connected...: My airpods pro automatically connects to my windows laptop whenever I turn my laptop on. Even though my airpods pro are connected to iPhone or any other device, every time I turn my laptop on it connects to it. I have to keep my laptop's bluetooth off in order to prevent this...
  5. My airpods pro automatically connects to my windows laptop even if it's already connected...

My airpods pro automatically connects to my windows laptop even if it's already connected...: My airpods pro automatically connects to my windows laptop whenever I turn my laptop on. Even though my airpods pro are connected to iPhone or any other device, every time I turn my laptop on it connects to it. I have to keep my laptop's bluetooth off in order to prevent this...
  6. Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop

Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop: Hi i have a question. So i want to stretch my screen onto my laptop. But my desktop is having trouble finding my laptop under devices in Connect App. I can do it the other way around, i can stretch my laptop screen to my desktop monitor. I tried to disable my firewall and...
  7. Windows 10 miracast Connect can't find my laptop. But laptop can find my desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 miracast Connect can't find my laptop. But laptop can find my desktop.: I was trying to use my laptop as an extended display for my desktop PC. But when i choose connect i can't find my laptop. But my laptop can find my desktop and can use my desktop monitor as an extended wireless display. Also i can find my laptop when i am trying to project my...
  8. My laptop stopped connecting to my desktop on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop stopped connecting to my desktop on my network: Hi, I've been able to sync files between my desktop and laptop up until yesterday. I didn't change anything, this started well after the last Windows 10 update, and I have not installed any new programs or make any adjustments to either computer. I tried to do a system...
  9. mirror propblem to my panasonic tv

mirror propblem to my panasonic tv: when i try to mirror my 10 year old panasonic tv to my laptop it connects and instantly disconnects. It worked about 6 months ago. - what is going wrong please...
  10. Install propblem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Install propblem: I am trying to download Sims 4 and this keeps popping up. [ATTACH] What do I do? Please answer ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-propblem/27149b9c-01bf-4c93-93d1-3c4edd5236bf"