Windows 10: Proper Font Management in Windows 10

Discus and support Proper Font Management in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 1. Why is it impossible to make unwanted font copies visible and to delete them? If I copy the font folder and check the content, there are thousands... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanielHurter_CH, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Proper Font Management in Windows 10

1. Why is it impossible to make unwanted font copies visible and to delete them? If I copy the font folder and check the content, there are thousands of copies ending with _.* or _0.* up to _9.*

2. Why is Windows asking if the current font should be replaced by the new one, but only changing the name of the existing one by adding "_" or "_0...9" and not replacing the actual font by overwriting?

3. Why is Windows keeping deleted fonts in the folder?

4. Why is Windows not accepting the most of the fonts for installation as long as I try to copy them directly into the font folder? I get the information that fonts are not valid or not correct or not complete. But if I install them from a separate folder by right click, everything is working fine.

5. Why is Windows not installing all the fonts by this precedure? In fact I get no error message. It is running but if check the number of files showed in Windows font folder, there are big differences. If I do the same installation on 5 PCs, I have finally on each a different number of fonts installed. For instant between 400 and 600 files, a big difference in my eyes. But if I copy the folder and check the content, it is absolutely equal.

The only way to get a clean installation is, to delete manually all the duplicates by using a harddisk interface on another PC to get access to the font folder. Then after hours of stupid work, I will have a satisfying result, but that is really not professionel and not effective.

By the way I know Windows very well and I am doing this kind of work since Windows NT. But now with Windows 10 it is really horrible if you own thousands of fonts in a graphic environment.

Thanks for taking notice and your assistance.

Regards Daniel

:)

DanielHurter_CH, Feb 22, 2019
  2. Polarman Win User

Font Manager

I remember using Adobe's Type Manager a long time ago to manage fonts on my old Win98 machine. It's not very convenient to have 1000+ fonts installed all the time. Having a font manager can help with keep things organized.

I was curious about finding something similar since Type Manager is no longer made. I found these 2 (Freebie) software that are pretty neat. *Smile Proper Font Management in Windows 10 :)

AMP Font Viewer 3.86

AMP Font Viewer - Complete font manager: view, organize, install, delete and print fonts lists (TrueType, OpenType and Type 1) - AMPsoft

Font Frenzy

http://www.sdsoftware.org/default.asp?id=5929

Polarman, Feb 22, 2019
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Proper Font Management in Windows 10

FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Proper Font Management in Windows 10

1. Proper Font Management in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Proper Font Management

2. windows task manager balck font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows task manager balck font: Hello.Yesterday i installed the latets version of windows 11 and today i noticed that the task manager is in black font!!!The clasic white is gone.Is that normal?...
  3. windows task manager balck font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows task manager balck font: Hello.Yesterday i installed the latets version of windows 11 and today i noticed that the task manager is in black font!!!The clasic white is gone.Is that normal?...
  4. Windows 10 not properly recognizing devices in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not properly recognizing devices in Device Manager: I have an Acer Nitro laptop model number AN517-51 running the latest version of Windows 10. Windows 10 is fully up to date. I am using a Corsair K95 RGB Platinum gaming keyboard and a Logitech G502 Lightspeed wireless gaming mouse. I am troubleshooting issues with the game...
  5. Windows 10 not properly recognizing devices in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not properly recognizing devices in Device Manager: I have an Acer Nitro laptop model number AN517-51 running the latest version of Windows 10. Windows 10 is fully up to date. I am using a Corsair K95 RGB Platinum gaming keyboard and a Logitech G502 Lightspeed wireless gaming mouse. I am troubleshooting issues with the game...
  6. What's the Best Way to Manage Fonts on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's the Best Way to Manage Fonts on Windows 10?: In prepping for my imminent switch from Macs to PC, I've been reading/watching information of the default method for installing fonts. Is this the way most people use? What about large numbers of fonts ( a mix of downloads and commercial foundry, mostly TTF). What's the best...
  7. Change Windows Boot Manager Font

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Windows Boot Manager Font: By some luck I did it before, but can't seem to be able to do it again now. Is there any way to Change the font in Boot Manager? I know I have done it before, change the font on my entire system, it would show my selected font everywhere even in the boot manager, on logon...
  8. Jarte font manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jarte font manager: I have installed Nexus Font, Jarte's preferred font manager, but don't recall how to make it work with Jarte. My goal is to have each new file open with my preferred font size. 164070
  9. Text fonts are not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text fonts are not displaying properly: So I recently upgraded my computer to a windows 10 pro version and now the fonts on all my screens are not crisp or sharp and in fact are actually rather difficult to read. I've looked at every setting I can and nothing improves this issue please tell me there is a fix for...
  10. Microsoft to make font management easier on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to make font management easier on Windows 10: The next feature update, currently codenamed 19H1 and also known as Windows 10 version 1903, will come with improvements to the font management. The Settings app in Windows 10 comes with a font section that allows users to download, set up and configure fonts on the operating...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is proper font in windows 10