Windows 10: Proper Shut Down?

Discus and support Proper Shut Down? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently reinstalled my windows 10 pro(not sure if that's important info) after several years. The way I had my win 10 set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zheiko, Sep 24, 2020.

1. /u/Zheiko Win User

Proper Shut Down?

Hello,

I have recently reinstalled my windows 10 pro(not sure if that's important info) after several years. The way I had my win 10 set up previously before this, was that when I go to turn the PC off, it clears everything. closes all apps and when I start it, I know I get a fresh new session of windows without any previous stuffs, just like I'd get after the proper restart.

Now after reinstalling I am unable to get this back working as I want. If I wanted to come back to a previously worked session of windows, I put it to sleep, but I want a brand new fresh version in the morning, I have tried following the tutorials online to disable fast boot in 'what your button does after switching it off' but that didn't change a thing.

Still, every time when I select Shut Down PC, it comes back the next day morning as if I only put it to hibernation and will re-start all apps that I was running in the previous evening. Any tips on how to change this?

submitted by /u/Zheiko
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zheiko, Sep 24, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

My Computer Keeps Shutting Down By Itself But Not Infected Or Hacked.

Hi Ethan,

There several reasons why your computer is shutting down automatically. For us to provide you the proper troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Are you encountering an error message when your computer automatically shuts down? If so, what is the error message that you're getting?
    • Does the issue occur when you're performing a specific task on your computer or does it occur randomly?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?

Argel Obm, Sep 24, 2020
  3. problem while shutting down my laptop

Hi,

This issue could be due to a certain component which could be avoiding the system’s proper shut down process. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the built-in app troubleshooter on your Windows 10 PC. To do so, please follow these
    steps:

• Click the Windows icon.
    • Choose Settings.
    • Under Settings, choose Update & Security.
    • On the options on the left-hand side of the window, click Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Power and click Run the troubleshooter.

Don’t hesitate to give us any updates on your query.

Arthur Rui, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Proper Shut Down?

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Proper Shut Down?

1. Proper Shut Down? - Similar Threads - Proper Shut Down

2. Windows was not properly shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows was not properly shut down: Hello I'm Amirali.When Windows shuts down, the power goes out and the system shuts down suddenly. The next time the system turns on for a longer time but no error or warning is displayed. This causes all services and file systems to shut down suddenly; I have no problem with...
  3. Windows was not properly shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows was not properly shut down: Hello I'm Amirali.When Windows shuts down, the power goes out and the system shuts down suddenly. The next time the system turns on for a longer time but no error or warning is displayed. This causes all services and file systems to shut down suddenly; I have no problem with...
  4. Windows not shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not shutting down properly: *Long Post ahead... Sorry*Hi, I moved to Windows 11 beta as soon as it was released and had been using it till the stable version was released. I did not have any major problems till December and in January, my Lenovo ThinkPad T14 started BSOD-ing with the error code...
  5. Windows not shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not shutting down properly: *Long Post ahead... Sorry*Hi, I moved to Windows 11 beta as soon as it was released and had been using it till the stable version was released. I did not have any major problems till December and in January, my Lenovo ThinkPad T14 started BSOD-ing with the error code...
  6. Computer Not Shutting Down Properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Not Shutting Down Properly: Going to have to look into this tomorrow, but I've noticed a few times recently that when I shut down it seems to shut the OS down and my monitor goes off and everything - but the computer stays on. The light on the front stays on and it still makes a noise and I have to then...
  7. Not shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not shutting down properly: Hi, My machine, running windows 10 pro, 64 bit, does not shut down properly. I only realised recently that if I press a key, it fires back up. I have shut down in windows using the normal power function as usual and it's not set up to go into hibernation. I think it's been...
  8. Windows was not properly shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows was not properly shut down: It says "The previous system shutdown at 8:41:12 PM on ‎2/‎14/‎2018 was unexpected." it happen in many times. but it never happen when I plug in the charger....
  9. Not shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Not shutting down properly: Hi all *Smile Bit of a strange problem with Windows 10 on my desktop - it doesn't seem to shut down properly. I get the usual 'shutting down' screen, but (sometimes) when it turns back on it's resumes at a stage maybe 30 seconds before I switched it off. For example, if I...
  10. Windows was not shut down properly but I did shut it down properly!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows was not shut down properly but I did shut it down properly!: Since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, I remain perplexed about this one issue that is plaguing my system: Almost every shut down is reported in the Windows 10 Reliability Monitor as the computer was not shut down properly. This happens on both shut downs and restarts using...