Windows 10: Proper Way of Updating AMD Video Drivers in Creators Update

Discus and support Proper Way of Updating AMD Video Drivers in Creators Update in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi All Back in Anniversary Edition I always used Display Driver Uninstaller, but not sure if it's Creators compatible yet or not, recently had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by AMDMan2016, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Proper Way of Updating AMD Video Drivers in Creators Update

Hi All

Back in Anniversary Edition I always used Display Driver Uninstaller, but not sure if it's Creators compatible yet or not, recently had problems with DirectX, and Windows, and Games, ended up having to do clean install to fix it.

So if I wanted to upgrade to the new WHQL version, do I uninstall current version, remove from device manager, checking delete software for device related to video card, restarting, removing all AMD folders, then installing new version and restarting? Don't wanna have to go thru clean installing again for a long time

:)

AMDMan2016, Apr 18, 2017

2. How to force Windows to use Microsoft Basic Display Adapter during Windows Upgrade?

Hey guys, so I don't want Windows to install any AMD driver for my video card (because the card is defective and installing an AMD driver causes Windows to BSOD with a VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE). I'm currently running the anniversary update, and would like to
    update to the new creators update. Is there any way I can force the installer to not install the video card driver (force the installer to install the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter)? This is because Windows blue screens, and the installer proceeds to revert
    me back to the Anniversary update.

Tornado15550, Apr 18, 2017
  3. MarkZar Win User
    Unable to install Windows 10 Creators Update - Hangs at 32%

It took me 3 months to fix this issue. After checking all setup log files it was related to an older AMD video driver. Once i manually updated that from AMD site my Windows 10 Creator update passed 32% and completed successfully.

MarkZar, Apr 18, 2017
  4. paulco Win User

Proper Way of Updating AMD Video Drivers in Creators Update

Download full driver pack from AMD, uninstall old from Progs. & Feats., install new driver.
    You might want to check Local Disk, AMD folder,delete all older drivers (save some disk space).

paulco, Apr 18, 2017
  5. CountMike New Member
    DDU works fine in CU and later but AMD drivers have evolved and is not necessary to do that unless you are switching GPUs. Even updates thru Radeon Settings works fine now.
    There's also option for a clean install of drivers.

CountMike, Apr 18, 2017
  6. Got it sorted, first tried the AMD Clean install method, then one of my most used programs complained of Direct X failed to Initalze, so then I decided ok DDU time, then installed whql version, and progam working fine now, so that's a huge relief

AMDMan2016, Apr 18, 2017
  7. CountMike New Member
    Which driver version ? I just had a bear of time with 17.4.3 wouldn't install properly clean or after DDU. Had to revert to 17.1.1.

CountMike, Apr 18, 2017
  8. Proper Way of Updating AMD Video Drivers in Creators Update

17.4.3, Previously was on 17.4.2, and had bear of time with those as well , so sorta used to it with AMD drivers lately lol..as long as all works fine and stays working fine, then excellent lol

Just did Clean system install a few days ago after problem with AMD drivers or something--started out trying to play Need For Speed Most Wanted on Origin was free on house game last year I think, anyways wouldn't launch lol, then Dirt Rally wouldn't go full screen, then Directx failed to initilaze for Virtual Dj Djing program, reinstalling drivers clean uninstall or with DDU didn't help any then, Seems fine now with 17.4.3 LOL, everything is functioning fine so far

AMDMan2016, Apr 18, 2017
  9. CountMike New Member
    I'm just downloading it now, Auto update downloaded minimal setup only and that didn't go well. Got to make restore point and system backup before trying. Took me an hour to sort the mess.

CountMike, Apr 18, 2017
  10. yeah AMD drivers sometimes a pain i'm learning a lot lately, but so far working fine here thankfully

AMDMan2016, Apr 18, 2017
  11. CountMike New Member
    You should have seen them while it was still ATI, this is a song and a dance now.

CountMike, Apr 18, 2017
  12. Oh I was using AMD since 2003 lol, so i'm sure I did see them when it was ATI lol

AMDMan2016, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Proper Way of Updating AMD Video Drivers in Creators Update

1. Proper Way of Updating AMD Video Drivers in Creators Update - Similar Threads - Proper Updating AMD

2. No video signal after updating AMD drivers through Adrenaline.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No video signal after updating AMD drivers through Adrenaline.: Buillt a brand new PC.R7 7800X3DRX 7900XTX Sapphire Nitro+MSI B650 Gaming Plus Wifi1200 Watt Platinum PSU2TB Samsung 990 ProSome RGB and a 360MM AIO CPU coolerLarge EATX caseAll stock, no OC or tweaksWhen I install windows 11 and update everything through windows update, all...
  3. No video signal after updating AMD drivers through Adrenaline.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No video signal after updating AMD drivers through Adrenaline.: Buillt a brand new PC.R7 7800X3DRX 7900XTX Sapphire Nitro+MSI B650 Gaming Plus Wifi1200 Watt Platinum PSU2TB Samsung 990 ProSome RGB and a 360MM AIO CPU coolerLarge EATX caseAll stock, no OC or tweaksWhen I install windows 11 and update everything through windows update, all...
  4. AMD Drivers not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Drivers not working properly: I have been using a laptop with 2 GPUs Intel 4000 and AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series but when i try to use AMD GPU it shows Microsoft basic display adapter. It also says that drivers are not installed or not working properly. I have tried DirectX Diagnostics and updating my...
  5. AMD Drivers not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Drivers not working properly: I have been using a laptop with 2 GPUs Intel 4000 and AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series but when i try to use AMD GPU it shows Microsoft basic display adapter. It also says that drivers are not installed or not working properly. I have tried DirectX Diagnostics and updating my...
  6. AMD Driver update confusion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Driver update confusion: I have a laptop with AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfxseen from system properties so can I install Auto-Detect and Install Updates for Radeon™ Graphics and Ryzen™ Chipset Drivers for Windows®. Do it update AMD Radeon settings lite software also? Is that safe?...
  7. amd driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    amd driver update: i cant update amd drivers and cant adjust brightness pls help when i update driver error comes no such interface supported https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-driver-update/ec11253a-e224-4183-9475-6a36f5c5404a
  8. amd driver update

in Windows 10 Customization
    amd driver update: i cant update amd drivers and cant adjust brightness pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-driver-update/ec11253a-e224-4183-9475-6a36f5c5404a
  9. another way to get Creators Update (spring)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    another way to get Creators Update (spring): Installed 1803 from a converted ISO back before April 10th, after backing up all the data, currently having no issues--in place upgrade at the time, planning clean install when real build comes out whenever that is. So far runs all my games good, and such. I know was taking a...
  10. creators update :drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    creators update :drivers: does the windows 10 creators update occupy drivers so it's possible after a creators update the bsod will disappaer or is it not recommended to do a creators update on a system with bsod? 84564

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after updating amd display driver color is washed out