Windows 10: Properties dialog very slow to open

Discus and support Properties dialog very slow to open in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys! I'm on a Win10 Laptop (i7, 16gb RAM, SSD, 5 years old) and everything runs very smoothly, except for opening the properties dialog (File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SandMan274, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Properties dialog very slow to open

Hi guys!

I'm on a Win10 Laptop (i7, 16gb RAM, SSD, 5 years old) and everything runs very smoothly, except for opening the properties dialog (File Explorer - Right click on any file - Properties). No matter what the file, it always takes at least 15s to open. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

It's been happening for a couple of years now, but I've never gotten around to solving it. I've already tried with ShellExView, but I haven't been able to resolve it that way.

submitted by /u/SandMan274
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SandMan274, Jan 16, 2021
  2. HungLeD Win User

Mouse Properties window slow to open

When I click on Mouse in Control Panel to open Mouse Properties dialog box, I have to wait for about 2 minutes before seeing the window. I tried different mice, but the dialog box is still slow to appear. It does not matter how I open it: command line, task
    run, right click and open; I do not see the Mouse Properties window until 2 minutes later. What should I do? Thank you.

My drivers are up-to-date, and my laptop configuration is better than the recommended requirements for Windows 10.

HungLeD, Jan 16, 2021
  3. External HardDrive Problem (please help Properties dialog very slow to open :( )

Try this:

1) Insert your flash/external drive into the USB port.

2) When you see the AutoPlay dialog box, click Cancel.

3) Open My Computer, right-click your flash drive icon, and select Properties.

4)In the Properties dialog box, select the AutoPlay tab.

5) Perform the following steps for each item in the Content Type drop-down list:
    > Select an item in the Content Type drop-down list.
    > Choose Select An Action To Perform in the Actions panel.
    > Select the Open Folder To View Files In Windows Explorer action.
    > Click the Apply button.
    > Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.

Now use the Safely Remove Hardware feature to remove your flash drive — wait a moment and plug it back in. You’ll see the AutoPlay progress appear momentarily, and then you should see Windows Explorer open to show the contents of the flash drive.

thoughtdisorder, Jan 16, 2021
  4. malloq Win User

Properties dialog very slow to open

Opening the properties dialog causes explorer to crash

I just noted that opening the Properties dialog via the Toolbar / Menubar (or whatever it is called) works Ok. I'm hapy to have found a workaround, but choosing Properties from the context menu (right-click menu) should not cause crashes?

malloq, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Properties dialog very slow to open

1. Properties dialog very slow to open - Similar Threads - Properties dialog very

2. Very slow application opening time!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow application opening time!: I'm starting any application and it goes to background with 0% CPU usage. I tried to reinstall windows several times but it didn't work. I have 2 windows 11 systems and on one of them all seems to work great. Applications are loading very VERY long. Some installation...
  3. Very slow application opening time!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow application opening time!: I'm starting any application and it goes to background with 0% CPU usage. I tried to reinstall windows several times but it didn't work. I have 2 windows 11 systems and on one of them all seems to work great. Applications are loading very VERY long. Some installation...
  4. File dialog window opens very slowly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File dialog window opens very slowly: Dear Microsoft,File dialog box opens very slowly , it takes nearly 2 minutes to open the window. Please refer to attached screenshot for referencePlease guide me to resolve the issue....
  5. File dialog window opens very slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File dialog window opens very slowly: Dear Microsoft,File dialog box opens very slowly , it takes nearly 2 minutes to open the window. Please refer to attached screenshot for referencePlease guide me to resolve the issue....
  6. File dialog window opens very slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Opening audio files is very slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Opening audio files is very slow: Hi all, I've been facing this issue for the last year or so. I've been able to solve it once and now it came back. I'm running Windows 10 on Ryzen 3700x and Samsung SSD. All audio files which i'm trying to open is either not responding or takes at least a minute to open on...
  8. taskbar and start menu very slow to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar and start menu very slow to open: Does any one have problems with items in taskbar and start menu very slow to open, examples Google Chrome, Opera, email client. It's taking close to a minute for programs to open. I'm running an insider preview. Version 1903, OS build 18965.1000 Wondering if anyone else is...
  9. windows 10 very slow in opening programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 very slow in opening programs: These are my system specifications Intel core i5-7200u 2.5ghz 4 gb ram Windows 10 Home Windows is very slow at opening programs (such as Chrome, Firefox etc) when intially starting up. It can take up to 30 minutes just to open the Chrome application. Is there...
  10. Very, very, very, slow to open network share with many files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very, very, very, slow to open network share with many files: I have a Win10 PC on my network with some shared directories, the "server". The share I use most has 23,000 files in 600 folders. When I access that share from a Win 7 PC it opens pretty much instantly, but to open it from my Win 10 PC takes for ever. The green progress bar...