Windows 10: Properties in Control Panel in a different language.

Discus and support Properties in Control Panel in a different language. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I changed to English but my Properties in Control Panel didn't change to English. I tried to create a restore point and then deleting all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/agentsebastian, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Properties in Control Panel in a different language.

Properties in Control Panel in a different language. R85clQb1fcBB5TU2Voj4wHSZAYIChXLr5k18XjEx6RQ.jpg

I changed to English but my Properties in Control Panel didn't change to English.

I tried to create a restore point and then deleting all of my old language files didn't work.

All properties are still in my old language :/ (Even tried to uninstall Language through PowerShell but didn't have an impact on this.)

Any clues?

Properties

Lpksetup /u

submitted by /u/agentsebastian
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/agentsebastian, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Add Language: difference between Settings & Control Panel?

Hello Colb,

Regarding your concern, the Settings page of Windows 10 is actually like a new interface on Control panel. It listed common setting options that most users moderate or change. Even though Settings didn't show some of the options that you see in Control Panel,
    it will still direct you to the Control Panel to access those options not listed. on the Settings page. The "Add language" option that you see in the Settings and from Control Panel are just the same.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ariel Acu, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Colbcool Win User
    Add Language: difference between Settings & Control Panel?

What is the difference (if any) between "Add Language" in Settings and "Add Language" in Control Panel?

The dialog window is slightly different for each but you can download a language pack in both.

The dialog for input methods also differs but you can do this in both too.

You can remove a language in Settings but cannot uninstall the language pack from there. This needs to done in Control Panel (before removing the language).

There are a few additional settings which must be made in Control Panel, notably the keyboard priority order.

In my job I need to change people's languages quite frequently. I have got used to it and can get the desired result - but I still find it incredibly confusing and illogical. Judging from the "guides" I see on the web, I think many others are in the same
    boat!

If someone can give a clear explanation (o point to one), it would be very helpful:

- Exactly which language components are downloaded and installed with the different "Add Language" methods?

- Which are duplicated between Settings and Control Panel and which are not?

TIA for your comments.

ColB

Colbcool, Apr 24, 2020
  4. YanAndrew Win User

Properties in Control Panel in a different language.

The Control Panel (Category View)

My apologies, Brink but I still do not get it.

The steps for both options are identical, the only difference is the location of the desired icons will need to be accessible for all users for Option 2. That's it.

Moreover, both the Mail and Flash Player (32-bit) applets are not listed in the list of Control Panel items for both options.

Regards,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Properties in Control Panel in a different language.

1. Properties in Control Panel in a different language. - Similar Threads - Properties Control Panel

2. Language is missing in control panel.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language is missing in control panel.: I want to try the dvorak keyboard layout and I think language in control panel is the only way. submitted by /u/Panical382 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kac2qs/language_is_missing_in_control_panel/
  3. Language option is missing in control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language option is missing in control panel: Why can't find language option in windows 10 1803 version?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-option-is-missing-in-control-panel/beeeaf7a-ee39-449d-906e-84b654df537a
  4. Difference between settings & control panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between settings & control panel?: I'm new the the Windows 10 Forums, and actually very new to the Windows 10 operating system (coming from using Apple products). I find it a bit confusing that there seems to be sometimes two places for some settings, for instance I see two different areas for...
  5. no language setting in control panel

no language setting in control panel: [ATTACH]no language setting in control panel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-language-setting-in-control-panel/7747d59d-3536-4785-b09b-70d0a9939941
  6. Control Panel Language Settings Disappeared - Cannot set different input methods for...

Control Panel Language Settings Disappeared - Cannot set different input methods for...: I just reset my Surface Pro 4, and sadly found out the April 2018 updates killed the language settings in control panel. I know this below topic gives an option to use PowerShell to modify language list, but it is not something I needed....
  7. Language in control panel is missing

Language in control panel is missing: [ATTACH] Since I updated windows 10 couple months ago, language in control panel is disappeared. does anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-control-panel-is-missing/c6880f66-9af3-41d1-b9ca-c3866ce38923
  8. Adding a Language from control panel

Adding a Language from control panel: I can't add Russian as a language in WIndows language. It shows no language pack available. Can someone help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/adding-a-language-from-control-panel/c98b29cb-33f0-4b40-a539-c60a464144ee
  9. Difference in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization

Difference in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization: Good evening, I've noticed a difference in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization between editions of Windows 10. My wife's laptop is running Windows 10 Home, and her personalization screen looks like this: [img] I'm running Windows 10...
  10. Search results of settings and control panel are in different language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search results of settings and control panel are in different language: I'm from Belgium, so my Windows 10 is in Dutch. To try something, I changed the display langugae to English. Everything was English, no problem. But when I changed it back to Dutch, everything changed back to Dutch except the search results of settings and control panel....