Windows 10: Properties Menus and Device Properties menus unusable

Discus and support Properties Menus and Device Properties menus unusable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, first-timer here. I ran into this issue when I attempted to change the album names of multiple files simultaneously. The properties window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BluePanda23055, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Properties Menus and Device Properties menus unusable

Hi guys, first-timer here.

I ran into this issue when I attempted to change the album names of multiple files simultaneously. The properties window that showed up was massively wide - I can't resize it, read the text on the buttons, or even drag to the far end of it. The same happened when I tried to enter Display Adapter Properties from Win10's display settings. I have an unlisted Youtube video showing the issue. (Win10 Properties Error - YouTube). Oddly enough, opening the Display Properties from within the Device Manager has no issues.

In addition, some text in programs and such has been bolded and un-smoothed, and seems to be slightly larger in general. I checked the Scaling in Windows' display settings but no changes there.

Rundll32.exe is the process that runs when I opened up the display device properties.

For what it's worth, I noticed the issue after I installed the lastest Java and iTunes version 10 with all that quicktime crap, as well as Office 2016 using MS' click-to-run customization tool.

I also created a DWORD key in (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent\DisableWindowsConsumerFeatures) in an attempt to get rid of those recurring games/ads in the start menu. I then deleted the entry, no change.

I'd love any help I can get, I'm completely bamboozled.

(in case my specs don't show up- Win10 Pro, i7-4770k, msi b85 mobo, GTX 770 GPU both monitors through DVI)

:)

BluePanda23055, Jul 30, 2017

2. start menu properties

where is start menu properties ???!!!

it was in perviews editions but disappear in last realeas of windows 10

right click on taskbar select properties and it show only three option taskbar , navigation , toolbar

even it show on the title start menu but it doesn't show

MichaelBeshay, Jul 30, 2017
  3. HYW1984 Win User
    Where is start menu properties tab under taskbar and start menu properties?

Where is start menu properties tab under taskbar and start menu properties?

The "start menu" properties tab under "taskbar and start menu properties" is missing.

There is no need to name the "taskbar and start menu properties" if the start menu is gone.

I think this this is a crucial feature for people who have impaired vision or just want to enhance the start menu settings.

Only preset settings for color/size of fonts are available under start settings.

Please bring back the The "start menu" properties tab under "taskbar and start menu properties".

Please don't take way complete optimizations for us Microsoft Windows savvy people.

Thank you.

HYW1984, Jul 30, 2017
  4. docpipo Win User

Properties Menus and Device Properties menus unusable

Hello, not sure if this will help, however I also have Nvidia, perhaps if you aren't afraid to try it, go into your Nvidia control panel and set a custom resolution that is higher than your screen and you should be able to either scroll around the desktop, or see a lot more of it. You might be able to resize the window with that at the very least. Hope it helps, best of luck.

docpipo, Jul 30, 2017
  5. How do I access the Nvidia panel if it doesn't show in my tray or driver window?

6. Eagle51 Win User
    Right Click on desktop or thru Control Panel

Eagle51, Jul 30, 2017
  7. Aha, silly me.

I attempted to un-install some programs (a couple games, VPN client) and repaired my 2015 C++ redist. I got an error message that the system couldn't delete a couple of font files. What's weird is that those files were inside the game directory (Left 4 Dead, FWIW). I ignored those, and then upon restarting, the entire system's font, including Chrome/Gmail, was different. Bolds and Italics everywhere.

As a temporary solution I performed a system restore to 2 days ago. Problem fixed; but I'll re-install things one by one to find out what triggered the whole thing.
    Thanks for the help!

8. docpipo Win User

Good to know that worked at least, you should install one program, restart, then install the next, restart,...etcetc so that you will know for sure what program does it. To me it sounds like messed up font files OR a buggy driver for graphics.

docpipo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Properties Menus and Device Properties menus unusable - Similar Threads - Properties Menus Device

2. When I right click on an application and I go into properties a lot of the menus are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I right click on an application and I go into properties a lot of the menus are...: A game I am trying to launch is not launching correctly so I am trying to launch as admin and can't because there is no way to access launch as admin. I have reset my computer I have updated my computer I have tried doing this in files I have tried looking it up I have tried...
  3. When I right click on an application and I go into properties a lot of the menus are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I right click on an application and I go into properties a lot of the menus are...: A game I am trying to launch is not launching correctly so I am trying to launch as admin and can't because there is no way to access launch as admin. I have reset my computer I have updated my computer I have tried doing this in files I have tried looking it up I have tried...
  4. syestem menus are too small to read eg the properties menu text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    syestem menus are too small to read eg the properties menu text: hi there and Happy 2023 I'm having a problem with windows 11 home edition, its the systems menus such as for an example 'properties' is generally to small to read and the file is non-expandable, I've tried to sort this out but i get pointed back to 'scale and lay out' and the...
  5. syestem menus are too small to read eg the properties menu text

syestem menus are too small to read eg the properties menu text: hi there and Happy 2023 I'm having a problem with windows 11 home edition, its the systems menus such as for an example 'properties' is generally to small to read and the file is non-expandable, I've tried to sort this out but i get pointed back to 'scale and lay out' and the...
  6. menus freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    menus freezes: Icons or menus in the lower right corner is not working at all. It freezes and I cant click on anything. Sound and specially the network icon not responding I need this to work....
  7. menus freezes

menus freezes: Icons or menus in the lower right corner is not working at all. It freezes and I cant click on anything. Sound and specially the network icon not responding I need this to work....
  8. Optical Devices context menus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optical Devices context menus: Simple question. My Optical disk reader shows up as Drive D on my PC and if I accidently click on it, it OPENS. If I right-click on it, there is an item that allows me to EJECT it. Is it possible to ADD Microsoft or 3rd party an item to CLOSE the tray. Just a thought....
  9. DVD menus

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD menus: When i put in a dvd that has a menu, how do i tell the laptop to open at the menu? and when i click on a menu item to go there and come back to the main menu when finished? this is an HP laptop. do you think they just did not put in the proper software or is it a window 10...
  10. Blurry fonts on menus and properties boxes

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry fonts on menus and properties boxes: Hi I have upgraded from win 8.1 to win 10. All the scaling settings were not correct. I have put them to the recommended setting off 125%, which is what it was when I was using win 8.1 and worked perfectly. I have had to select the "disable scaling..." in the...