Windows 10: Properties Not Correct For UDF DVD

Discus and support Properties Not Correct For UDF DVD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a UDF DVD with four subdirectories on it. When I do a check properties at the root it doesn't reflect the contents of the subdirectories. Why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by saberman, Jul 28, 2022.

1. saberman Win User

Properties Not Correct For UDF DVD

I have a UDF DVD with four subdirectories on it. When I do a check properties at the root it doesn't reflect the contents of the subdirectories. Why?

:)

saberman, Jul 28, 2022
  2. BobGlik Win User

unable to read UDF format CD on Vista desktop

unable to read UDF format CD on Vista desktop ?

Other CD/DVD formats OK

UDF CD properties shows 200+ MB data on disc but will not open any folder or file on disc.

I guess I need a reader of some type. Can you please suggest some basic simple alternatives to try ?

thanks

BobGlik, Jul 28, 2022
  3. cant use a udf dvd

Hello i have a windows 10 laptop and recently i have been trying to run dvds on it. when i put the dvd in it comes up as the dvd being a udf file which i cant do anything with as my laptop has nothing to read the files, when i open the udf file two folders
    come up AUDIO_TS which is empty and VIDEO_TS which has some files in it non of which are a udf file. i have looked around for information but i haven't found anything that helps. if you know how to fix this please tell me.

chris Jjennings, Jul 28, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

cant use a udf dvd

OK, UDF is the file system on the DVD Disc - this is standard nowadays (it used to be ISO 9660)

Think of UDF as an equivalent of FAT32 or NTFS on a hard drive

It is also normal on a DVD for the AUDIO_TS folder to be empty as it is a legacy folder from an older DVD format

The files in the VIDEO_TS contain the actual DVD data . . .

To play the DVD, download
    VLC player
    (probalby the most popular and useful free media player) or any other free media player available on the Web

DaveM121, Jul 28, 2022
Thema:

1. Properties Not Correct For UDF DVD - Similar Threads - Properties Correct UDF

2. Properties Not Correct For UDF DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Properties Not Correct For UDF DVD: I have a UDF DVD with four subdirectories on it. When I do a check properties at the root it doesn't reflect the contents of the subdirectories. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/properties-not-correct-for-udf-dvd/7e6d3342-761d-43d9-b2b7-ef057866891e
  3. Properties Not Correct For UDF DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Properties Not Correct For UDF DVD: I have a UDF DVD with four subdirectories on it. When I do a check properties at the root it doesn't reflect the contents of the subdirectories. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/properties-not-correct-for-udf-dvd/7e6d3342-761d-43d9-b2b7-ef057866891e
  4. UDF - Windows 10 20H2-21H2 - Cfast 2.0 UDF ARRI media card.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UDF - Windows 10 20H2-21H2 - Cfast 2.0 UDF ARRI media card.: Cfast 2.0 card reader does not work correctly on workstations with 20H2 and 21H2 updates on Windows 10. We use it with Pro Cfast 2.0 cards. Unallocated Drive appears in disk management. Media cards formatted in Arri camcorder have UDF file system. 128GB capacity. We can use...
  5. Cannot read UDF file with Win dvd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot read UDF file with Win dvd: DVD media player not working properly distorted pictere https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-read-udf-file-with-win-dvd/895ee8fb-2e16-4a43-90d6-fe1c7d93b3bd
  6. UDF format

UDF format: when I format a DVD it asks a to use a UDF format which takes up a lot of room, is this correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/udf-format/3fa89bc0-9d94-4a0d-8729-71e7a291443b
  7. My recyle bin properties aren't correct?

in Windows 10 Support
    My recyle bin properties aren't correct?: When I click properties it shows it in RECOVERY (D:) instead of WINDOWS (C:) I've tried changing it to the C: drive and it won't stay that way. Does this even matter? Is it how it's supposed to be? [img] 141892
  8. DVD-RAM udf file system problems, disc will not eject keeps spinning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD-RAM udf file system problems, disc will not eject keeps spinning: I need help with these DVD-RAM discs. I put in the disc, had some files, they read ok. I went to ERASE disc. Win10 erased disc, then gave me option to format as UDF or as DVD files. UDF files system is used for DVD-RAM discs. Selected UDF. Win10 formats disc ok. I...
  9. Root properties shows zero, subdirs are correct

Root properties shows zero, subdirs are correct: When showing properties of a shared drive, the root shows zero, but subdirs are fine. Works properly under Windows 7,8,Server 2008, and 2012. Also display fine under linux . [img] 8493
  10. Documents Location Changed But Property Location Is Correct - ???

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Location Changed But Property Location Is Correct - ???: Greetings! I tried to search for posts on my issue but all that comes up is advice on how to move your Documents folder. I already did that. I changed my location from my SSD C:\ drive to my data drive E:\. Everything seemed fine until today when I navigated to the E: drive...