Windows 10: Properties of Onedrive folder shows incorrect size

Discus and support Properties of Onedrive folder shows incorrect size in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My onedrive folder 91gb. I completely synced it on disk D. When I try to check size of onedrive folder - it shows only 37gb! Hovewer, used space on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by A_Roman, Apr 14, 2019.

1. A_Roman Win User

Properties of Onedrive folder shows incorrect size

My onedrive folder 91gb. I completely synced it on disk D. When I try to check size of onedrive folder - it shows only 37gb! Hovewer, used space on disk D is 91gb.

How can I be sure that onedrive works well and all of my files on my disk?

Thanks

Properties of Onedrive folder shows incorrect size 8b8dc604-d5bd-4696-bcdc-a9f34eb1e8c7?upload=true.png

:)

A_Roman, Apr 14, 2019
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand you concern related to the size of the folder displayed. Try these steps to narrow down the issue:

1. Disable bitlocker
      and then check the folder size.
    2. We would also suggest you to open the folder and select all files and see the size of the contents.

Let us know if the size of the contents matches the folder size. If you see a difference, then the folder might be showing incorrect size.

Kindly reply us with the requested information to assist you better.

Awaiting for your response.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 14, 2019
  4. LgCutlass Win User

Folder size incorrect (only my music folder) when right clicking properties!

Using Windows 10 (version 1803). This is only to just one folder I keep my music in it mp3, flac, etc.)

size incorrect when right clicking properties. Then open folder select all subfolders in that folder

and the total size is bigger by at least 75% than main folder. I update windows today July 26, 2018.

LgCutlass, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Properties of Onedrive folder shows incorrect size - Similar Threads - Properties Onedrive folder

2. OneDrive Folder Icon Incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Folder Icon Incorrect: This happened a few months back and I gave up in frustration because I couldn't figure the issue out. My OneDrive folder icon no longer shows the correct icon and instead displays the default folder icon see screenshots belowThe actions I've taken are resetting OneDrive,...
  3. OneDrive Folder Icon Incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Folder Icon Incorrect: This happened a few months back and I gave up in frustration because I couldn't figure the issue out. My OneDrive folder icon no longer shows the correct icon and instead displays the default folder icon see screenshots belowThe actions I've taken are resetting OneDrive,...
  4. Incorrect numbers reported in Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incorrect numbers reported in Folder Properties: Hello, I've noticed an error or bug that has begun occurring in the last month with the Properties box. I have a folder that contains more than 4 terabytes of data in more than 23,000 files and yet when I right click within the folder and select Properties, the popup box...
  5. Folder size in disk properties and folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder size in disk properties and folder properties: I've just moved data from three HDs to one 8Tb hard drive. Everything is there, but the folder size reporting is weird, just weird. See attached...single top level folder is reported as 465Gb - folders within that are larger are reported as such (see pic 5 of 5 in the zip). I...
  6. Incorrect folder size on just some folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Incorrect folder size on just some folders: When I right-click and hit "properties" the folder says its total contents is 2.70 GB in size with 1,927 Files. However, if I open the folder, highlight all the folders contained in it, and then hit "properties," the total size comes to 32.3 GB with 2,255 files. The second...
  7. Mouse Hover Over Folder Shows File Size Much Greater Than Properties Shows It

Mouse Hover Over Folder Shows File Size Much Greater Than Properties Shows It: Greetings: I have a folder containing photos, Word docs, music, etc. A mouse hover over the folder shows a file size of approximately 20 GB. But when right click on the folder and select properties, it shows a size of roughly 6 GB. Which is it and why the discrepancy?...
  8. Windows 10 showing wrong size of folder in properties option

Windows 10 showing wrong size of folder in properties option: hi, i am having problem with the properties option. i am using windows 10 and just encountered a problem. i was checking the size of one of my folder (in terms of checking how much space it occupies on hard drive). i got some figure around 60.04 GB. just to cross verify i...
  9. Folder properties size fluctuating and inaccurate.

Folder properties size fluctuating and inaccurate.: Folder properties sometimes gives accurate size and count but mostly just one of the internal folders and sometimes impossible readings like 45TB for a 17gb folder. This problem first occurred on a new Seagate Expansion Drive then on data transferred back to my main...
  10. Incorrect directory size reported in "Properties"

in Windows 10 Support
    Incorrect directory size reported in "Properties": I'm trying to ascertain the size of my User folder. Right clicking on C:\Users\myusername directory shows 297 GB, however, I know it is much larger than that; the a certain folder within my User folder, for example, is over 400GB. I believe the size of the folder is actually...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. OneDrive saying folder size is larger than windows

2. onedrive shows incorrect folder size

3. onedrive folder wrong size

4. onedrive folder properties,
  5. folder size incorrect,
  6. windows 10 1809 folder properties