Windows 10: Properties pops up when transferring

Discus and support Properties pops up when transferring in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure if this belongs here so sorry if it is wrong. My issue is this, I have several computers and this issue seems to only happen on one or two.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AirPower4ever, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Properties pops up when transferring

Not sure if this belongs here so sorry if it is wrong. My issue is this, I have several computers and this issue seems to only happen on one or two. When transferring a file or an exe I get the message which I attached

Properties pops up when transferring [​IMG]

Now this happens if the file or exe is going to a shared folder on a computer or to a thumb drive, wherever. I have two Windows 10 machines and one does this and the other does not. I even get this on one Windows 7 machine so it has to be some setting that I cannot seem to find. Does anyone know how to set this to "off" or whatever so I never see this pop up?

Usually I just press Yes and off it goes to the destination, but again, why does it not happen on the other Windows 10 machine? Files just transfer to their destination.

Thanks

:)

AirPower4ever, Jul 19, 2016
  2. Tryx3 Win User

System properties pop up

John,

1 I do not know if Clean boot testing is appropriate or not but if you are going to do so then I suggest using the procedure in

Safe mode & clean boot procedures - how to make use of them - Forum article

2 Do you have a computer maker's power utility somewhere in your Start menu so you can check that it is happy with your power Adapter? I mention this purely because such utilities can bring up dialogs intended to warn you about inadequate power supply
    and so this dialog might be the result of its faulty operation.

3 Is there anything shown in the opening view of Event viewer [%windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc /s] that matches the times the dialog appears?

• Look in the section Summary of administrative events
    • Click on the + signs to the left of each sub-section to see its list of events.
    • Double-click on anything that seems relevant to see its time and also to see all its similar events so that you can check for previous ones matching the relevant times.
    • {Then get back to the initial view by clicking on Event viewer [local] in the upper-left corner.
    • If you do find a matching event then edit the title of your post to include it {"Event viewer, <Log name>, <Source>, <Event ID>" - all this is shown in the lower part of the window when looking at events} and then post back here with an explanation of what
      you have found.

Denis

Tryx3, Jul 19, 2016
  3. System properties pop up

Hi John,

For us to identify the cause of the issue, we suggest that you perform a clean boot to disable non-Microsoft services and check if the issue persists. For steps on how to perform a clean boot, click here.
    After troubleshooting, refer to How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting found in the same article. We also suggest to start the PC in safe
    mode and update us if there will be any changes. For steps on how to start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10, click here.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 19, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Properties pops up when transferring

This usually happens if the new location is formatted in a different way. My guess is you are going from a NTFS format to drive formatted differently with something like FAT32. Some files may have associated data that can only be stored on NTFS formatted disks. Even though you were able to copy them they might not work properly or have all their metadata intact.

philc43, Jul 20, 2016
  5. Thank you for the response philc43. I thought what you said too, but in my case it does not apply since everything I transfer to is NTFS including my router thumb storage.

In the picture I was transferring the new CCleaner exe. If I download that file on my other Windows 10 (wife's) and then transfer it to the thumb storage her system does not give me that message. If I download the same exe on my Windows 10 and transfer it to the thumb I get the message.

Same goes with transferring to Windows 8.1 systems and Windows 7 systems. It only happens on my Windows 10 system, but on my wife's Windows 10 system it does not happen.

AirPower4ever, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Properties pops up when transferring

1. Properties pops up when transferring - Similar Threads - Properties pops transferring

2. Pop up when in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop up when in game: I have tried and searched but have been unable to find a fix to this problem. When my child who is connected to Microsoft family safety is in their game, it will kick them out starting when they have 30 minutes remaining. Please advise as to how to turn this notification/pop...
  3. Pop up when in game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop up when in game: I have tried and searched but have been unable to find a fix to this problem. When my child who is connected to Microsoft family safety is in their game, it will kick them out starting when they have 30 minutes remaining. Please advise as to how to turn this notification/pop...
  4. A screen pop up when starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A screen pop up when starting: C:users\appdata\roaming\dejcbwj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-screen-pop-up-when-starting/1b50964e-2369-40ae-87e9-b77a9ddd2acb
  5. A screen pop up when starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A screen pop up when starting: C:users\appdata\roaming\dejcbwj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-screen-pop-up-when-starting/1b50964e-2369-40ae-87e9-b77a9ddd2acb
  6. Taskbar not popping up when apps are open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar not popping up when apps are open.: Taskbar not popping up when I hover over it at the bottom. It will pop up on the desktop but not when I use any apps. The window key is the only way to bring it up. Can anyone help me? submitted by /u/Ok_Instruction8289 [link] [comments]...
  7. Pop ups when starting up my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop ups when starting up my computer: Whenever I start up my computer there is a small box that appears and then disappears and I don’t know how to get rid of it. Is this a virus or some type of malware? And if it is how do I get rid of it....
  8. Pop up menu keeps popping up!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop up menu keeps popping up!: [ATTACH] Help! What the heck is this pop up menu on the left? It keeps popping up randomly and I cannot work out how to stop it. Have I enabled something so that key presses trigger it - or what? I just don’t know....
  9. System properties Remote Tab Pop Up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System properties Remote Tab Pop Up: Every 30 minutes or so the System Properties box pops up and is on the Remote Tab. I keep checking the box that says "Do not allow remote access" but the pop up continues. What is the fix for stopping the pop up?...
  10. Does Windows10 have Easy transfer properties?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does Windows10 have Easy transfer properties?: Does windows 10 have Easy Transfer property? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows10-have-easy-transfer-properties/e24ec8a2-179a-44cd-b727-04b47cacd3bd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security box pops up when transfering files