Windows 10: Properties window does not open, absolutely stuck

Discus and support Properties window does not open, absolutely stuck in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am frustrated. For years, when I try to access anything that could be interpreted as a Properties window (right-click>properties, properties... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Logan Trag, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Properties window does not open, absolutely stuck

Hello, I am frustrated.

For years, when I try to access anything that could be interpreted as a Properties window (right-click>properties, properties button, even some places in Control Panel), it could not open. No errors, no long wait times, just nothing.
    I ran /sfc scannow according to this forum but I get the error "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." I was told by this guideto go check if Windows Modules Installer was set to Manual in the Services tab, but it's on automatic. The only way to change it, it seems, is to go to its Properties window. I think you see why I am stuck here. Please help.

Specs:
    HP ENVY m6 Notebook
    Processor: AMD FX-8800P Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C +8G 2.10 GHz

64-bit OS, x64-based processor
    Edition: Windows 10 Home
    Version: 1709
    OS Build: 16299.309

:)

Logan Trag, Mar 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Law-II Win User
    Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Properties window does not open, absolutely stuck

Printer Properties

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to go to printer settings.

• In the search box type “control panel”.
    • Click on “device and printers”.
    • Then you can right click on your printer and then click on properties, change accordingly.
    I suggest you to follow the below article if you face any issues with printer and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

Properties window does not open, absolutely stuck

1. Properties window does not open, absolutely stuck - Similar Threads - Properties window does

2. The properties window is not opening for Files and folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The properties window is not opening for Files and folders: Hi?I have a Windows 11 Home Edition on HP Omen. My problem is when I right click properties or even use ALT+ENTER on a file or folder to open properties of that file/folder it does not open. Properties is not opening a dialogue window. Tried to search for solutions and...
  3. The properties window is not opening for Files and folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The properties window is not opening for Files and folders: Hi?I have a Windows 11 Home Edition on HP Omen. My problem is when I right click properties or even use ALT+ENTER on a file or folder to open properties of that file/folder it does not open. Properties is not opening a dialogue window. Tried to search for solutions and...
  4. Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing: I've tried a lot of things, but nothing seems to work, i know the USB ports work since when i plug my phone in it starts to charge. but it doesnt know that its plugged in to a computer. I've tried checking the drivers, but there are no slots Mouse, Phone so i cant update...
  5. Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing: I've tried a lot of things, but nothing seems to work, i know the USB ports work since when i plug my phone in it starts to charge. but it doesnt know that its plugged in to a computer. I've tried checking the drivers, but there are no slots Mouse, Phone so i cant update...
  6. Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Tag Property Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tag Property Does Not Work: Right-clicking a file and clicking properties does not show a tags option in the details tab. The details pane is visible, but the tags option is not. Even right-clicking a file and clicking properties does not show a tags option in the details tab. This has happened with all...
  8. Windows is absolute gabage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows is absolute gabage: Windows is bloated, slow and is not as open as in, customizable as other operating systems. That's why I've switched to Linux. Make yo OS better, MS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-absolute-gabage/ded0ffa6-7cf8-4609-8f7c-fbbebe5c0762
  9. Can't open the Properties Window of any file or FolderRight Click -> Properties

Can't open the Properties Window of any file or FolderRight Click -> Properties: The Properties window for any file or folder is not opening When I right click and select properties. I have also checked a previously posted article regarding the same but couldn't find any thing useful. Please help me out!!...
  10. Windows any file properties not opening??

Windows any file properties not opening??: Hello, I am a young kid who is trying to find a fix to this problem i hope people help me out because i tried to find the fix for this problem none of em work. tried safe mode. tried EVERYTHING like EVERYTHING. i need some important help because if i dont my parents are gonna...