Windows 10: Properties Window freezes when I try to edit it

Discus and support Properties Window freezes when I try to edit it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried to edit the properties of my mcafee so I could take ownership and delete it but it froze and I can't edit it now. I've had this problem for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EverettWalker, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Properties Window freezes when I try to edit it

I tried to edit the properties of my mcafee so I could take ownership and delete it but it froze and I can't edit it now. I've had this problem for a day already. Does anyone know what's happening and how I can fix it?

:)

EverettWalker, Jun 13, 2019

2. Win 10 batch edit mp3 properties erases data

Hi,

Windows 10 supports changing MP3 information. This issue occurs if the there are settings that need to be configured. To resolve your concern, follow the steps below:

• First, right-click the MP3 file which you want to edit.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on Details tab.
    • Edit the file information of whichever you want.
    • Lastly, click on Apply, then Ok.
    Disclaimer: Try this in a single file first, then, check if it works.

If the issue still persists, we suggest the following solutions:

• Temporarily disable the security software and check if this helps.
    Disclaimer: Enable the antivirus as soon as you're done. Your computer is vulnerable to virus attacks specially if you're connected to the Internet

• Boot the computer in safe mode and check if this helps to edit the mp3 details. Refer to this
      link on how to
      Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.

Let us know the status of the issue in this regards. Your reply is important to assist you better.

Marvelos Reg, Jun 13, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Properties Window freezes when I try to edit it

Printer Properties

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to go to printer settings.

• In the search box type “control panel”.
    • Click on “device and printers”.
    • Then you can right click on your printer and then click on properties, change accordingly.
    I suggest you to follow the below article if you face any issues with printer and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Properties Window freezes when I try to edit it

1. Properties Window freezes when I try to edit it - Similar Threads - Properties Window freezes

2. Editing file properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing file properties: Some years ago I found a utility that enabled bulk editing of just about all file properties: extracting parts of entries, adding parts, renumbering files. Then I lost it. Does anyone recall anything? I have searched the web for such utilities but so far I've not found any...
  3. Editing file properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing file properties: Some years ago I found a utility that enabled bulk editing of just about all file properties: extracting parts of entries, adding parts, renumbering files. Then I lost it. Does anyone recall anything? I have searched the web for such utilities but so far I've not found any...
  4. Editing file properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Editing JPG File Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing JPG File Properties: When viewing the properties of a jpg file, Win 10 only lets you edit the "date taken" field, but NOT the "date created" field. Is their a program out there that can edit the latter field?...
  6. Editing MP3 Properties

Editing MP3 Properties: When editing a File Name in an MP3 file, the system deletes the Title property. When editing any property in a group of files, the system deletes all Title values. This is a new problem since the last update. I have over nearly 200,000 MP3 files and have been editing...
  7. Editing the properties of tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing the properties of tiles: In this case I need to add the working folder. I know how this can be done with pinned shortcuts, but is there another way? 152575
  8. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition keeps freezing when I try to break blocks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition keeps freezing when I try to break blocks: I have been having this problem for as long as I've played multiplayer. I go onto my friend's world, he's on pocket edition, I'm on PC. And everything works completely right, and nothing goes wrong until I try to break blocks. I start breaking blocks and then my game freezes,...
  9. File Explorer deleting all properties when trying to edit 1 attribute.

File Explorer deleting all properties when trying to edit 1 attribute.: how do I stop file explorer from deleting all of the properties ID when editing or adding another attribute to a mp3 file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-deleting-all-properties-when-trying/5f72a387-5635-4aa0-b65a-6daaab3fba95"
  10. Editing File Properties

Editing File Properties: I'm trying to edit the file properties of an mp3 file already has some info typed in to some fields, but whenever I try to add a field or edit a field and hit apply it doesn't save the new changes, and also deletes everything that was already there. This is really...