Windows 10: Properties window is not displaying properly and not showing information

Discus and support Properties window is not displaying properly and not showing information in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently downloaded Greenshot from https://getgreenshot.org/ I then noticed when right righting on a .exe application file and clicking properties,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kashmirisultan, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Properties window is not displaying properly and not showing information

I recently downloaded Greenshot from https://getgreenshot.org/

I then noticed when right righting on a .exe application file and clicking properties, that the window does not look proper. This is how the window looks:

Properties window is not displaying properly and not showing information 00ba3f3e-5f62-4af6-9812-5b9839a53f58?upload=true.png

Please help. Thanks.

:)

kashmirisultan, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Processor name not showing in System properties window

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) Service usually manages the information displayed in the System properties window. It could be possible that the service is not running properly that is the reason the Processor name is not displayed in
    the System properties window.

I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Scroll down, look for Windows Management Instrumentation service, and check if the service is running.
    4. If the service is not running then, right click on the service and click on
      Properties.
    5. Now, select Automatic from the drop down for
      Startup type.
    6. Click on Start to start the service and click on
      OK.
    7. Restart the computer.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Windows Media Player - song information encoding

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

As you said ‘’ Title, Album, Artist, and other information are garbled on Windows 10’’ is the information is totally incorrect or it is not displaying properly? Please elaborate.

Meanwhile, try the below steps if you have problem with the information. I suggest you to run Windows Media Player troubleshooter, it will automatically fix the problems with Windows media player. Please follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + C on your keyboard to show the Charms bar.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting
      under Settings.

• Now type Troubleshooter in the search option.

• In the search option in the new window, type Media Player
      and click on Windows Media Player Settings Troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    If the issue is with display, please try the below methods.

Method 1.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Properties window is not displaying properly and not showing information

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Properties window is not displaying properly and not showing information

1. Properties window is not displaying properly and not showing information - Similar Threads - Properties window displaying

2. Remove Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Properties and Personal Information: Hi, When I go into a files properties, for this a WAV file and select details I am unable to edit any of the Properties. At the bottom is the link for "Remove Properties and Personal Information", when I select this I get an additional properties box appear.I have created a...
  3. Remove Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Properties and Personal Information: Hi, When I go into a files properties, for this a WAV file and select details I am unable to edit any of the Properties. At the bottom is the link for "Remove Properties and Personal Information", when I select this I get an additional properties box appear.I have created a...
  4. Remove Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Properties and Personal Information: Hi, This is something completely new to me. I bought an album, and all the details of each file was missing I logged a complaint with the company that provided me the files So, I went into the properties of each file and selected "Details" tab so I could put in the correct...
  5. Remove Properties and Personal Information

Remove Properties and Personal Information: Hi, This is something completely new to me. I bought an album, and all the details of each file was missing I logged a complaint with the company that provided me the files So, I went into the properties of each file and selected "Details" tab so I could put in the correct...
  6. Display information/ MS account username not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display information/ MS account username not showing: Hi everyoneHow can i fix this?... very annoyingWindows 10, user/admin name display.My laptop came from repairing.I want to see my account name as always before but instead it shows my name as "user"... "utilizador"My account name is updated as it should be. "João Silva"Thank...
  7. Display information/ MS account username not showing

Display information/ MS account username not showing: Hi everyoneHow can i fix this?... very annoyingWindows 10, user/admin name display.My laptop came from repairing.I want to see my account name as always before but instead it shows my name as "user"... "utilizador"My account name is updated as it should be. "João Silva"Thank...
  8. Display information/ MS account username not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Removing Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing Properties and Personal Information: Like I have some MKV files which contains misleading titles and I want to remove those, but when I click the "Remove Properties and Personal Information" link I do not get the option to chose which information would I like to remove. Like in some files there is a check box...
  10. Windows 10 Remove Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Remove Properties and Personal Information: I Right click in File explorer on the file I want to change, get the Properties dialogue box and select Remove Properties and Personal Information. Get the remove Properties dialogue box , the select the Remove the following properties radio button , then I select the...