Windows 10: Proprietary Program wont open after last windows update.

Discus and support Proprietary Program wont open after last windows update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A program that has always worked just fine in the past won't open now after installing the latest Windows updates.. Attached are the pop-ups that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by (Dixie)Darlene, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Proprietary Program wont open after last windows update.

A program that has always worked just fine in the past won't open now after installing the latest Windows updates.. Attached are the pop-ups that appear. Please advise!

Proprietary Program wont open after last windows update. 5a7c56e5-9c66-48b6-8d83-3d7498959647?upload=true.png Proprietary Program wont open after last windows update. e7aea85c-4f94-4d3c-aac0-babdf1078fb9?upload=true.png

:)

(Dixie)Darlene, Aug 20, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Aug 20, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Proprietary Program wont open after last windows update.

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Proprietary Program wont open after last windows update.

1. Proprietary Program wont open after last windows update. - Similar Threads - Proprietary Program wont

2. settings wont open after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings wont open after update: Update create chaos on my PC. Setting wont open so I cant make some changes in the device. I can adjust using keyboard but I want to have specific adjustment using settings. I dont want to lose the update either so I need this to resolve...
  3. settings wont open after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    settings wont open after update: Update create chaos on my PC. Setting wont open so I cant make some changes in the device. I can adjust using keyboard but I want to have specific adjustment using settings. I dont want to lose the update either so I need this to resolve...
  4. cortana wont open since last windows update

in Cortana
    cortana wont open since last windows update: since last update cortana does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-open-since-last-windows-update/e6bcdf4f-6ff0-4644-b013-4b153a57eb4c
  5. Windows wont open program after power fail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows wont open program after power fail: I set up a new Mini PC with just the 2 CNC programs I need as it is a dedicated machine. Everything worked perfectly, tested machine and connection.. perfect.. The power fail while one of the programs Universal Gcode Sender was still open. Windows runs fine but will not open...
  6. Wont use FingerPrint and Pin after last update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Wont use FingerPrint and Pin after last update: My Fingerprint and Pin stopped working after this past update. I was able to delete and reinstall my fingerprint and my Pin. However, when I restart my computer or put it to sleep it will not prompt me for either. It shows them enabled in my system, but it won't pop up. I...
  7. Comcast wont load after the last Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Comcast wont load after the last Update: Hello, My computer did an update for microsoft edge recently and since then my comcast will not load. I'm not sure if one has to do with the other but I NEED to get my emails. I can still get them from my phone but there are just certain things I need from my computer...
  8. outlook wont open after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    outlook wont open after update: my outlook Email will not open when I click on it. it brings up blue screen with mail envelope in center like its going to open then disappears after about 5 seconds. When I go to settings and try to click on manage account it will not open either nor can I add/delete the...
  9. Programs wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs wont open: On windows ten some programs will just open up and give me a error or open up then when ever I login or something it just wont open. I tried to fix my .exe in regedit with every tutorial but nothing fixed it that only fixed it so I can open them but they just give me a error...
  10. apps and programs deleted after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    apps and programs deleted after last update: Update problem December 17 and 18, 2018 I have been trying to have Microsoft solve my problem since Dec. 17, 2018. On Dec. 17, I was having a problem with Chrome. This happened before and I fixed it this way. I opened Chrome, clicked on the three dots in the upper right...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. program windows wont open after windows update