Windows 10: protect key

Discus and support protect key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; what my pc protect key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protect-key/26bb3a6a-b965-43b6-9bdf-67c3daa80991" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by prasaddevendla, Nov 17, 2019.

1. protect key

what my pc protect key

:)

prasaddevendla, Nov 17, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Nov 17, 2019
  3. How to get protection recovery key

Hi Ravi_ 165,

Thank you for posting your query. Windows phones will require the recovery key when the reset protection is enabled on the device. When you’ve enabled it, you will be receiving a "Welcome to Reset Protection" confirmation sent to the email
    address associated with your Microsoft account. You can try to check your email and see if the recovery key is still available from there.

If in any case that the recovery key is not available from your email, then kindly follow these steps on how to get a recovery key:

1. Go to account.microsoft.com/devices. (Kindly use your Microsoft account associated to your Windows phone.)
    2. Check the information under your Windows phone, then click Get recovery key.
    3. Tap the check box for “I’m ready to get a recovery key”.
    4. Then, click Get key.

You can also get the recovery key by turning off the Reset Protection online. To do this, kindly follow these steps:

1. Go to account.microsoft.com/devices. (Kindly use your Microsoft account associated to your Windows phone.)
    2. Next to the phone you no longer own, select Remove phone.
    3. Select the I'm ready to remove my phone check box, note the recovery key, and then select
      Remove. The recovery key will display on the page and will also be emailed to you.
    4. When you're certain that you have your recovery key saved, select the
      I've kept a copy of the recovery key
      check box, and then select
      Okay

After you turn off the Reset Protection, then your phone is no longer listed on
    L: account.microsoft.com/devices, and you can remove Reset Protection during phone set up using the
    Disable using recovery key option.

For more information, you can visit Protect my phone.

If you think this was useful or resolve your query, feel free to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem/question.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let us know by replying to this thread. This way, we will get notified and respond back to you as soon as we can.

Many thanks.

Dennis Zac, Nov 17, 2019
  4. protect key

System Protection Recovery

Windows 10

1. Step 1: Right-click the lower-left corner and open System in the Quick Access Menu.
    2. Step 2: Choose System protection on the left.
    3. Step 3: Select a hard disk and tap Configure to move on.
    4. Step 4: Choose Turn on system protection and hit OK.
    5. Step 3: Select Disable system protection and hit OK.

HelpingHands1, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

protect key

1. protect key - Similar Threads - protect key

2. Bitlocker protection key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker protection key: Hello, I had to face a problem with my account. Yesterday evening my motherboard of the syatem was placed, My laptop was asking for the BitLocker recovery codes and I was not able to access my device Which is a windows 11 laptop. I didn't know that updates cause such errors....
  3. Bitlocker protection key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker protection key: Hello, I had to face a problem with my account. Yesterday evening my motherboard of the syatem was placed, My laptop was asking for the BitLocker recovery codes and I was not able to access my device Which is a windows 11 laptop. I didn't know that updates cause such errors....
  4. Bitlocker protection key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. So we just nuked all the old reset protection recovery keys? Seriously?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    So we just nuked all the old reset protection recovery keys? Seriously?: I have a old Nokia Lumia 640 LTE that was attached to my account,and i cant seem to get the recovery key anymore,its just...gone fromt he Devices page. The device itself is there,but no recovery key sadly. Authenticating with my M$ account just results in a network...
  6. So we just nuked all the old reset protection recovery keys? Seriously?

So we just nuked all the old reset protection recovery keys? Seriously?: I have a old Nokia Lumia 640 LTE that was attached to my account,and i cant seem to get the recovery key anymore,its just...gone fromt he Devices page. The device itself is there,but no recovery key sadly. Authenticating with my M$ account just results in a network...
  7. So we just nuked all the old reset protection recovery keys? Seriously?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Installation key for Windows 11 Write Protected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation key for Windows 11 Write Protected: I bought the Windows 11 Pro installation with the USB key. It won't install because it says there's an error on the key. I download the create Windows 11 installation media to just overwrite the files but it says the key is write protected. There's no switch to turn that off...
  9. Installation key for Windows 11 Write Protected

Installation key for Windows 11 Write Protected: I bought the Windows 11 Pro installation with the USB key. It won't install because it says there's an error on the key. I download the create Windows 11 installation media to just overwrite the files but it says the key is write protected. There's no switch to turn that off...
  10. How to recover a file protected by Bitlocker when they recovery key is lost?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover a file protected by Bitlocker when they recovery key is lost?: Hello, a month ago I locked my Drive E with Bitlocker and am sure to save the Recovery key. Now, it does not accept the password and I cannot find my Recovery Key. I logged into my Microsoft account and found the section to find the Bitlocker keys, however, the Key to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. protect key