Windows 10: protect specific registry key from change

Discus and support protect specific registry key from change in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello everyone. many somebody know if ti possible and how - to prevent specific registry key from change, rename delete and etc? many thanks in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by poop1711, Feb 17, 2021.

1. poop1711 Win User

protect specific registry key from change

hello everyone.

many somebody know if ti possible and how - to prevent specific registry key from change, rename delete and etc?

many thanks in advance.

:)

poop1711, Feb 17, 2021
  2. Darkfalz Win User

Can NOT remove ATITool registry key!

It's low priority to stop ATITool from making undeletable class keys in the reigstry?

That's about one rung above spyware.

What bothers me most is that I'm pretty sure you can't protect a registry key by any simple means, something must still be running somewhat that is protecting that key. Even after I manually removed the service. That's what bothers me.

Darkfalz, Feb 17, 2021
  3. YanAndrew Win User
    Registry Key Customisation

Hi Guys,

1. Is there any way to find the registry key for the default icon of an application in Windows 10? Dell has installed a FreeFall Data Protection application in my machine, which appears in the control panel and I'd like to change the icon for it. However, I do not know the registry key and couldn't find anything on it on the net.

How do I go about finding the registry keys for an application that's listed in the control panel?

2. I would also like to change the Quick Access icon in File Explorer, but do not know the registry key for it.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Feb 17, 2021
  4. protect specific registry key from change

How to make the registry key has an effect on IE11 Addon Bing?

Thanks, Denis.
    I checked all of my IE 11 settings registry keys and contrasted with the settings of user interface.
    All other registry keys were work fine to change the settings of user interface.
    Only this registry key of disabling search suggestion was not work at all.

shiwan0804, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

protect specific registry key from change

1. protect specific registry key from change - Similar Threads - protect specific registry

2. How to prevent writing to a specific registry key?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent writing to a specific registry key?: So changing registry strings is a pretty common tool around here and something ive done pretty comfortably for a long time. Messing with registry permissions goes above my head and is quite a bit more risky. AFAIK with my limited knowledge ACL's and the like is quite a bit...
  3. Create a keyboard shortcut for changing into a specific language through registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create a keyboard shortcut for changing into a specific language through registry: Hi guys, I want to create a keyboard shortcut to go directly to a language in my case, one shortcut for English and another for HebrewI've tried through: "edit language and keyboard options->Spelling, typing, & keyboard settings->Advanced keyboard settings->Input language hot...
  4. Is it possible to block the system from changing a registry key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to block the system from changing a registry key?: Hi. I followed this tutorial for changing the color of the top bar to black without changing it in other areas like the start menu. And it works, but when I open some apps Windows changes it automatically, so I have to deny access to "set value" for the DWM in the registry...
  5. windows defender registry key change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender registry key change: hi, my windows denfender services become disable , not sure why. I already take ownership of registry key of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinDefend then change start key from 4 to 2, it still unable to change the key? any idea?...
  6. Registry keys registry keys

Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822
  7. Change registry value in dynamically created registry key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change registry value in dynamically created registry key: Hello, I need find a way to disable the onboard microphone on a number of Windows 10 laptops I am imaging via SCCM OSD. After a lot of research it seems the best way to do this is by changing a registry value that controls whether the mic is enabled or disabled. I've...
  8. Change Registry-Key with Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Registry-Key with Powershell: Hi Forum I have a Problem with changing Registry-Keys with PowerShell. I use the following entry: $path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\UserChosenExecuteHandlers \StorageOnArrival" Set-ItemProperty -Path $path -Name Default -Value...
  9. Change Registry-Key with Powershell

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change Registry-Key with Powershell: Hi Forum I have a Problem with changing Registry-Keys with PowerShell. I use the following entry: $path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\UserChosenExecuteHandlers \StorageOnArrival" Set-ItemProperty -Path $path -Name Default -Value...
  10. Remapping key FROM REGISTRY

Remapping key FROM REGISTRY: My 'delete' key doesn't work anymore. I'd like to remap it to the 'insert' key. I've tried EVERY. SINGLE. Third party program. I've tried Microsoft's program for remapping. None have worked. I want to go straight through the registry so I can do ctrl-alt-del. I haven't...