Windows 10: Protected memory access

Discus and support Protected memory access in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been getting alerts that say Protected folder and protected memory access has been blocked. The setting is on low, whatever that means. Anyway,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DaveChrischilles, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Protected memory access

I have been getting alerts that say Protected folder and protected memory access has been blocked. The setting is on low, whatever that means. Anyway, does anyone know what is gong on here? The alerts are something new and have been going on since March 1st. I have gotten about 20 or so since then. Computer is running fine, so not sure if this matters. It just is something that never happened before. Thanks for any assistance. Dave

:)

DaveChrischilles, Mar 24, 2020

2. System Protection Recovery

Windows 10

1. Step 1: Right-click the lower-left corner and open System in the Quick Access Menu.
    2. Step 2: Choose System protection on the left.
    3. Step 3: Select a hard disk and tap Configure to move on.
    4. Step 4: Choose Turn on system protection and hit OK.
    5. Step 3: Select Disable system protection and hit OK.

HelpingHands1, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Protected memory access

Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Protected memory access

1. Protected memory access - Similar Threads - Protected memory access

2. WmiPrvSE protected memory access block? Win10 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WmiPrvSE protected memory access block? Win10 update?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/u9rb6s0p36m41.png?width=539&format=png&auto=webp&s=86842833ec848100cd3f1e238505b446aa4613d2 i got this notifications today, i think it's related to the latest win10 update, i have allowed it now but maybe it's going to break things if it...
  3. PROTECTED FOLDER ACCESS

in Windows 10 Customization
    PROTECTED FOLDER ACCESS: I am not even sure I can properly word this to ask the question but will try. In SETTINGS and then in WINDOWS SECURITY, I find a "section" that is shown as "PROTECTION HISTORY" and here there are listed, in my system, four items. This page is shown as PROTECTION HISTORY and...
  4. Protected Folder Access Blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protected Folder Access Blocked: Your administrator has blocked this action. App or process blocked: igxpun.exe. Blocked by: Controlled folder access. Is this the legitimate Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver? Thank you....
  5. Protected memory access blocked/

Protected memory access blocked/: Multiple times a day I'm getting the message. Unauthorized changes blocked Controlled folder blocked C:/...DDVDataCollector from making changes to memory I've run a full scan in windows security, that showed no issues. How can I stop these messages appearing....
  6. Protected folder access

Protected folder access: I love this Protected Folder access for ransomware. Problem is at first it is a pain in the butt to set up. Is there anyway I can save the list of folders apps and files that I allowed, to go through this on all my setups...2 laptops and a desktop. Is there one file I can...
  7. USB memory corrupted and write protected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB memory corrupted and write protected: Hello, I have an USB memory which i used to transfer files from a laptop to another and during a transfer the laptop restarted. It became corrupted but I retrieved the files from it. When I plug it in: -it appears in the drives list, -it shows like 5gb of 8 are...
  8. Random Access Memory (RAM)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Access Memory (RAM): I am having issues with my RAM on windows 10. Is this a common windows 10 problem? I did not have this issue before windows 10. It is not a storage space issue as of the 464 bg I have 434 available. I only seem to have a problem when doing a scan to check my RAM. I will be...
  9. direct memory access

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    direct memory access: just looking to find out how to enable DMAC (direct memory access controller) on windows 10 and also if there are drivers available for it? any info would be much appreciated regards: Rellik...
  10. Access encrypted memory stick

Access encrypted memory stick: so at my school when i plugged in my memory stick, it automatically started encrypting, there was no option. now at home when I try to access it I am asked for a password. but that is saved on my account at school. what can I do? it has all my important stuff on it! 112787