Windows 10: Protected Mode Without Asking For It

Discus and support Protected Mode Without Asking For It in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why are all of my files blocked or protected since one of the most recent updates. When I try to move a file it makes me unblock it, and when I open a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PearlCluff, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Protected Mode Without Asking For It

Why are all of my files blocked or protected since one of the most recent updates. When I try to move a file it makes me unblock it, and when I open a Microsoft document it is in protected mode and I have to enable it. I never put protection on my documents but it is acting like they all are now.

:)

PearlCluff, Nov 21, 2018

2. Return from protected mode into standards mode

Hi Martin,

We need more information about your concern. Please provide the following:

• Are you pertaining to Internet Explorer or the whole Windows system running in
      Protected Mode?
    • How did you set up this Protected Mode?
    We'd appreciate any additional information you may provide.

Eugene deV, Nov 21, 2018
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 21, 2018
  4. cadaveca Win User

Protected Mode Without Asking For It

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Protected Mode Without Asking For It :p

cadaveca, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Protected Mode Without Asking For It

1. Protected Mode Without Asking For It - Similar Threads - Protected Mode Without

2. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint: Greetings,I recently started using the Windows Hello feature with my Lenovo Thinkpad E15 fingerprint readerIt's working fine but sometimes when I power on my PC, and just as the lock screen appears and the fingerprint reader LED ring start blinking - which indicate that I...
  3. signing in without asking my permission

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    signing in without asking my permission: Hello, my windows OS is not showing the sign in option its just signing in without asking my permission so i need solution for this problem so please provide me the solution as soon as possible. it dosent have any pin or password it just a normal sign in option....
  4. Windows 10 rebooting without asking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 rebooting without asking: For the nth time my Windows 10 box was rebooted lat night, without my permission, costing my n hours of work, and after I had followed every single thread and set every possible configuration, policy, and registry setting I could find the last time this happened. I did just...
  5. Charged for MS Office 365 without asking

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Charged for MS Office 365 without asking: I recently decided to take the MS Office 365 free trial I soon found that it was much more than I needed and left it at that, today I received an email saying: Thanks for your Office 365 Home subscription. Your subscription was successfully charged on Tuesday, March 24,...
  6. Random programs will open without being asked

in Windows 10 Support
    Random programs will open without being asked: Hello, I am asking for my younger brother, but his AlienWare has a problem with opening random programs, killing his processing power. Furthermore, he has 684 GB of memory, and it is getting used up by something we can't find in his files. Is there a command line we can use...
  7. Running in a protected mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running in a protected mode: Diagnostic Tools test revealed Error Code: BIOHD-8. Yet, I am still able to use computer in a reduced functionality with the power button showing yellow instead of blue. What is the name of this protected mode?...
  8. Ransomware protection without Onedrive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware protection without Onedrive?: What if you dont have a OneDrive attached? how does Ransomware protect and recreate files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-protection-without-onedrive/98eb7df4-ad53-4ebb-9846-f593344a82d0
  9. No "WIMBOOT" mode, without formatting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No "WIMBOOT" mode, without formatting.: Is there a way to stop windows 10 from installing into "WIMBOOT" mode, without formatting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/no-wimboot-mode-without-formatting/04352edc-1887-4856-ab4c-625cbbc266b5
  10. Windows 10 restarts without asking

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 restarts without asking: I was performing a first time start up on steam for Grand Theft Auto V. It was installing 1 of 3 components like all games do from steam. Right in the middle of that it restarted for Windows updates. That is not okay. I thought I conquered this by setting "Choose how updates...