Windows 10: Protected registry entries that can't be edited

Discus and support Protected registry entries that can't be edited in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having problems with audio inputs on my PC. [img] Device Manager displays audio inputs but they don't appear in the Input Section of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shadowcatone, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Protected registry entries that can't be edited

I am having problems with audio inputs on my PC.

Protected registry entries that can't be edited [​IMG]

Device Manager displays audio inputs but they don't appear in the Input Section of the Sound page.

I traced the issue to the Audio Capture section of the Registry which has non-editable fields.

I tried changing ownership of the fields but have been unable to do so even as Admin or in Safe Mode.

I need a way to override the Permissions on the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Capture section of the registry.

I am fairly sure that this is preventing the Sound Input Section from loading the audio inputs. TIA.

Sam

:)

shadowcatone, Sep 6, 2020

2. Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Sep 6, 2020
  3. OradeaP Win User
    Problems Registry entry Nokia C7

Hi

I need some help with Nokia C7

Registry entry erases call list every day . The day after I can´t check my old entries .

i tryed all the settings, but nothing.

Please help me solve it. it is very annoyng.

Thanks everybody

OradeaP, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

Protected registry entries that can't be edited

Duplicate entries in registry

Are they all in the same Key? The Registry is 5 text files known as Hives and many times the same entry will be in 2 or more of the Hives. There are abundant naysayers but I've use CCleaner [formerly named Crap Cleaner] for years to clean the Registry without problems. Can't say that about some other cleaners that have been known to have problems. Manually editing the Registry can allow a small problem to slip in that will prevent Windows working but carefully following suggested edits can work.

Berton, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Protected registry entries that can't be edited

1. Protected registry entries that can't be edited - Similar Threads - Protected registry entries

2. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  3. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  4. Registry Entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Registry Entry: Does anyone know what this registry entry is? When I run McAfee Quick Clean this registry entry can never be removed, is there a reason? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab}...
  5. Problem with a registry entries

Problem with a registry entries: Problem with the following registry: ActiveX/COM Issue LocalServer32\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe -ToastNotifier HKCR\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab} [Original Title: registry entries]...
  6. registry entries

registry entries: ActiveX/COM Issue LocalServer32\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe -ToastNotifier HKCR\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab} https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/registry-entries/739b6f1f-5482-41d7-98cc-c9cfc7df078c
  7. Strange registry entries

Strange registry entries: When searching the registry I came across the entries: The only languages I have installed are American and English. Are these entries installed by Microsoft or by malware?...
  8. Entries in Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Entries in Registry: Hello, While making some registry editing, found 17 entries named "Sign.Media". Don't know what it is, have not any program this name. Can I remove them from the registry ? Answers will be appreciated Thanks 140198
  9. Invalid Registry for Entry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid Registry for Entry: HELP!!!!! I cannot open any photos as I keep getting Invalid Registry for Entry message. What is that? Up until a few days ago I had no problem. Can anyone help me?...
  10. Garbled Registry Entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Garbled Registry Entries: Hello, Was looking at registry to make a backup of some entries and saw the following garbled entries. Was wondering what this was all about. Recently, my machine, after latest windows updates, has been having issues waking up after Hibernate. This issue seemed to be...