Windows 10: Protected View Settings?

Discus and support Protected View Settings? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I create a Word document on one PC (saving it to my Network Attached Storage), then open it on a different PC, I get this protected view option.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ryan_2018, May 12, 2019.

1. Ryan_2018 Win User

Protected View Settings?

When I create a Word document on one PC (saving it to my Network Attached Storage), then open it on a different PC, I get this protected view option. Here's a pic.

Protected View Settings? 30c2d1bb-4add-43fd-8188-eb62e134a3d7?upload=true.jpg

To disable this, there's a setting to uncheck. When I click on "Be careful-files from the internet can contain viruses. Unless you need to edit, it's safe to stay in Protected View" I then click on the Protected View Settings. Here's a pic.

Protected View Settings? 29ff18a0-fab6-4fca-add1-ed65a4724c56?upload=true.jpg

Which of these settings should I deselect, just to reference the settings for my NAS?

:)

Ryan_2018, May 12, 2019

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, May 12, 2019
  3. Microsoft Word (Protected View) has stopped working.

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The problem is the restricted view that Office places on documents that it detects were downloaded from the Internet.

Follow the steps below to fix it.

• In the Office product, go to File – Options.
    • Next go to Trust Center and then tap or click the Trust Center Settings… button
    • Once on the Settings page for the Trust Center, go to
      Protected View
      and then uncheck (disable) the Enable Protected View for files originating from the Internet option.
    best protect yourself, you should probably consider going through the process of disabling and re- enabling for each and every file you need to download and open from the Internet. And, only open those files that you deem trustworthy.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, May 12, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Protected View Settings?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Protected View Settings?

1. Protected View Settings? - Similar Threads - Protected View Settings

2. "Protected content can't be viewed on this device."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Protected content can't be viewed on this device.": Hello, I am trying to use my laptop windows 11 as a 2nd monitor for my pc windows 10. Each time I try to wirelessly connect, it gives me that message on my laptop. I have tried the firewall solutions, yet it didn't work. One problem could've been that I can't find the...
  3. "Protected content can't be viewed on this device."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Protected content can't be viewed on this device.": Hello, I am trying to use my laptop windows 11 as a 2nd monitor for my pc windows 10. Each time I try to wirelessly connect, it gives me that message on my laptop. I have tried the firewall solutions, yet it didn't work. One problem could've been that I can't find the...
  4. Protected content cannot be viewed on this device

in Windows 10 News
    Protected content cannot be viewed on this device: [ATTACH]Screen Mirroring is a feature that lets users share the screen of one device with another device by using wireless technology. For example, if your Android smartphone and your computer support the Screen Mirroring feature, you can share the screen of your smartphone...
  5. virus and protection settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virus and protection settings: real-time protection is off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-protection-settings/2228d7d7-4530-40e1-a041-082bad08a08b
  6. Protection History view not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protection History view not working: Does anyone have a problem when opening the Protection History pane from Settings? When I do this the window has nothing on it and none of the links work - can't even go back Home. Moving the window causes it to close. As far as I can recall this has been happening across...
  7. Setting folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder view: Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view. When it comes to the actual files, I'd like them shown as Large Icons. Is such a setup possible? Thank you. (version 1903) 159581
  8. Office 365 Protected View

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office 365 Protected View: I have a NAS with mapped drives. Word etc opens them in protected view. How do I add share to a trusted sites? I want to leave protected mode on for internet sites. Can I turn off for intranet? For Win10 64 bit PC, not a server....
  9. Word - Protected View?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word - Protected View?: I got a ".doc" file from a friend. I can open it in MSWord (Office 365) but its in Protected View because of my settings? I have default settings. I took ownership and that didn't help. I also have Libre Office and was able to print it with Libre Office. Here is what I get....
  10. WAP viewing settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WAP viewing settings: I created WAP from an old belkin router and it works fine. i want to change the SSID of this ‘ WAP’ can’t remember how to do this...I changed the I.P address to 192.168.1.100 as per the conversion procedure.....this was setup for a friend, is it possible that I can’t access...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. protected view windows 10