Windows 10: Protecting Microsoft Edge against binary injection

Discus and support Protecting Microsoft Edge against binary injection in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In May, we announced that Microsoft Edge was saying goodbye to binary extensibility models such as ActiveX and Browser Helper Objects. This change made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Protecting Microsoft Edge against binary injection

Source: Protecting Microsoft Edge against binary injection | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

:)

Brink, Nov 16, 2015

2. LoginScreen

The Lock Screen background can be modified in the Settings application under Personalization :: Lock Screen. Is that what you're looking for?

If it actually changed your *login* screen, that can't be done without injecting or overwriting data in a protected system binary. That's not an image update. If they did something that ... crazed, you might need to use something like sfc to restore the
    non-corrupted version of that file.

zachd [MSFT], Nov 16, 2015
  3. Edge Browser Freeze Ups and Hangs

I am wondering if Edge Browser has Security issues in protecting against Malware and Viruses?

LarryElifritz_896, Nov 16, 2015
  4. Protecting Microsoft Edge against binary injection

Nice read thanks for posting this

hTconeM9user, Nov 17, 2015
Thema:

Protecting Microsoft Edge against binary injection

1. Protecting Microsoft Edge against binary injection - Similar Threads - Protecting Microsoft Edge

2. How is TPM chip protects against against lap top theft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is TPM chip protects against against lap top theft: Hello,How is TPM chip protects against against lap top theft?I understand that if the HDD is removed from laptop and inserted in an other machine or external drive, the disk would be inaccessible.However, as long as disk is still in the laptop, what prevent me from logging as...
  3. How is TPM chip protects against against lap top theft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How is TPM chip protects against against lap top theft: Hello,How is TPM chip protects against against lap top theft?I understand that if the HDD is removed from laptop and inserted in an other machine or external drive, the disk would be inaccessible.However, as long as disk is still in the laptop, what prevent me from logging as...
  4. How is TPM chip protects against against lap top theft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Protection Against Malware/Virus/Keyloggers

Protection Against Malware/Virus/Keyloggers: So i have an old dell xps 9550 laptop that i still have been using for a while. It has windows ten pro. It's my main laptop. With my laptop, I try to do my best of trying to avoid going on certain sites and clicking links etc. So because of that, a while back I got another...
  6. Protection Against Ransomwares

Protection Against Ransomwares: Does the Microsoft know all about ransomware? Microsoft's persons can catch them but...deal [Original Title: Protactions] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/protection-against-ransomwares/9dcfe6bc-8fa9-424d-a8cb-488a7095f186
  7. Is Microsoft Defender providing protection against "SaveThQueen" malware?

Is Microsoft Defender providing protection against "SaveThQueen" malware?: Hello, Is Microsoft Defender providing protection against "SaveThQueen" malware? Thanks, Florina https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-microsoft-defender-providing-protection-against/b16f50af-8b6c-4091-9c0b-649eb46c58de"
  8. Mozilla hardening Firefox against Injection Attacks

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla hardening Firefox against Injection Attacks: A proven effective way to counter code injection attacks is to reduce the attack surface by removing potentially dangerous artifacts in the codebase and hence hardening the code at various levels. To make Firefox resilient against such code injection attacks, we removed...
  9. Old HDD protect against failure

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Old HDD protect against failure: Hi My HDD is 8 years old, working well but presumably due to fail sooner rather than later. My OS is on an SDD (along with some programs/ apps some of which refer to data on the HDD). The HDD has all my pictures, games etc on it. What would be my best strategy for backup if...
  10. Microsoft releases updates to protect against nation-state activity

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases updates to protect against nation-state activity: On May 12, 2017, the WannaCrypt ransomware served as an all too real example of the danger of cyber attacks to individuals and businesses globally. In reviewing the updates for this month, some vulnerabilities were identified that pose elevated risk of cyber attacks by...