Windows 10: protecting my pc

Discus and support protecting my pc in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how can i protect my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protecting-my-pc/934ce947-5021-4ab2-80c2-61817f8dc9a5" Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ManojKumarvv, Mar 3, 2019.

1. protecting my pc

how can i protect my pc

:)

ManojKumarvv, Mar 3, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Mar 3, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 3, 2019
  4. protecting my pc

ESD (Static) Protection

The final steps of building my PC are coming up. I have ordered the parts and am ready to build. Now I am worried about static protection. What is it I need to do? I understand about static wrist wraps, but what about the mats? Are they worth the cash.

PVTCaboose1337, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

protecting my pc

1. protecting my pc - Similar Threads - protecting

2. I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont: I cant open this exe file even though I can run other exe files.And my threat protection says that it needs to be restarted but I cant, it just keeps loading.A friend told me this had to do something with a registry error or something like that but they aren't sure either....
  3. I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont: I cant open this exe file even though I can run other exe files.And my threat protection says that it needs to be restarted but I cant, it just keeps loading.A friend told me this had to do something with a registry error or something like that but they aren't sure either....
  4. Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...: Hi, I've been uneasy about this warning I got in my Windows Defender recently.the full message looks like this: for some reason i can't include a screenshot of itRemediation Incomplete2024-04-21 4:52PMDetected: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!mlStatus: Failedthis threat or app might...
  5. Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...

Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...: Hi, I've been uneasy about this warning I got in my Windows Defender recently.the full message looks like this: for some reason i can't include a screenshot of itRemediation Incomplete2024-04-21 4:52PMDetected: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!mlStatus: Failedthis threat or app might...
  6. Remedation incomplete Detected Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml in protection history after...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked by administration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked by administration: how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked bu administration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-virus-and-threat-protection-when-it/cb35c929-0a09-4cf5-9a56-0cb312853c39
  8. how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked by administration

how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked by administration: how to enable virus and threat protection when it is blocked bu administration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-virus-and-threat-protection-when-it/cb35c929-0a09-4cf5-9a56-0cb312853c39
  9. Virus and threat protection update needed but states engine unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and threat protection update needed but states engine unavailable: How do I update ‘virus and threat protection’ when engine is unavailable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-update-needed-but/535d6aa6-3fbf-42f7-91ab-9aedf471a6a7
  10. Virus and threat protection update needed but states engine unavailable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and threat protection update needed but states engine unavailable: How do I update ‘virus and threat protection’ when engine is unavailable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-update-needed-but/535d6aa6-3fbf-42f7-91ab-9aedf471a6a7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security quarantine items 18363.592