Windows 10: Protecting my PC.

Discus and support Protecting my PC. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Microsoft Security Essentials... what is it? Where did it come from and why do I need to pay for it? Why isn't Windows 10 involve in this inquiry? I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AllanWhitaker, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Protecting my PC.

Microsoft Security Essentials... what is it? Where did it come from and why do I need to pay for it? Why isn't Windows 10 involve in this inquiry? I didn't install this Windows 10 update did and frankly I am tired of your update that don't make improvements

only the problems... such as having to restart in order to connect to my WiFi… I see no help here... As far as I am concerned Microsoft... Windows 10 is responsible for the produces that they produce and the consumer should expect quality products and support... not community bulletin boards that are not regulated by Microsoft.

:)

AllanWhitaker, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Sep 2, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Protecting my PC.

System Protection Recovery

Windows 10

1. Step 1: Right-click the lower-left corner and open System in the Quick Access Menu.
    2. Step 2: Choose System protection on the left.
    3. Step 3: Select a hard disk and tap Configure to move on.
    4. Step 4: Choose Turn on system protection and hit OK.
    5. Step 3: Select Disable system protection and hit OK.

HelpingHands1, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Protecting my PC.

1. Protecting my PC. - Similar Threads - Protecting

2. M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssds-keep-getting-stuck-in-write-protection-with/9ff46428-e866-4970-ae88-427db8a69872?page=1 I tried everything mentioned in this thread, but nothing happened. As stated in the question, my SSD has write protection. I...
  3. M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssds-keep-getting-stuck-in-write-protection-with/9ff46428-e866-4970-ae88-427db8a69872?page=1 I tried everything mentioned in this thread, but nothing happened. As stated in the question, my SSD has write protection. I...
  4. M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  6. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  7. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

8. File write protected wotn delete and usb wont format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File write protected wotn delete and usb wont format: I have files that wont delete on my usb ive tried removing the read only option it doesnt work tried command prompt to remove it it also doesnt work tried deleting file from command prompt doestn work it always says its write protected even tho the file was fine when...
  9. File write protected wotn delete and usb wont format

File write protected wotn delete and usb wont format: I have files that wont delete on my usb ive tried removing the read only option it doesnt work tried command prompt to remove it it also doesnt work tried deleting file from command prompt doestn work it always says its write protected even tho the file was fine when...
  10. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool made the USB device write protected and this is irreversible.

Windows 11 Media Creation Tool made the USB device write protected and this is irreversible.: I was trying to create a bootable USB flash drive of Windows 11 using the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool. It completed everything but still ended with Error code 0x80070013 - 0xa001b.I was using Sandisk Ultra Dual 32 GB USB 3.0 OTG Pendrive, just for information.Then I...