Windows 10: Protection Against Malware/Virus/Keyloggers

Discus and support Protection Against Malware/Virus/Keyloggers in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So i have an old dell xps 9550 laptop that i still have been using for a while. It has windows ten pro. It's my main laptop. With my laptop, I try to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by paulyjustin, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Protection Against Malware/Virus/Keyloggers

So i have an old dell xps 9550 laptop that i still have been using for a while. It has windows ten pro. It's my main laptop. With my laptop, I try to do my best of trying to avoid going on certain sites and clicking links etc. So because of that, a while back I got another computer, a chromebook to do my web browsing on sites where its possible to get virus... such as streaming sites etc. But I will most likely have to get another chromebook as the one im using has issues with the screen and keys.

Now of course, you could still always by accident click on something when using your main computer as you see there are tons of ads when web browsing. I use google chrome and have ad block plus on... but some sites for some reason still have ads... and you can easily click it by accident etc.

The only virus protection I have is the windows defender.. where i would click on it and then do a scan... option is quick scan and full scan. I would do the full scan few times. But back then i recall sometimes doing the microsoft defender offline scan as i read its even better... is that true? It does say on it.. some malicious software can be difficult to remove from your device and this would find and remove them using up to date threat definitions. So if you scan it full scan... i just did one right now that took about an hour and a half and it showed nothing. There is no point of doing a microsoft defender offline scan right? Its the same thing almost since i assume its only useful if the full scan detects something... but you can't remove it? But the offline scan would?

I also have malware bytes as well but haven't used it in a while. I just tried to open it... and i needed to do an update. After this... it seem to give me a two week free premium trial etc. So im using it right now. I did a scan... and it was so quick. Is there only one type of scan with malware bytes premium?

So does this mean if you do a malwarebyte premium scan... it took no more than like 5 minutes it seemed... then the machine is completely malware/virus/keylogger free? Or do programs like this not enough?

- - - Updated - - -

:)

paulyjustin, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Mel Tar Win User

Rooted Malware, Virus, and Trojan Infection, Keylogger Trojan Malware

Hi,

Please click the link below and follow Stephen Boots' suggestion on how to remove Trojan virus on your computer:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mel Tar, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Firewall, Anti-Virus, Malware Protection for Windows 10

Microsoft recommends the use of its own products and sites.

>
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/products

There does not exist 1 security product which is THE best and which will catch each and every infection..

Whenever you think that your computer might be infected you can run on-demand scans with some of the products listed here:

List of Malware Removal Tools

Suggestion to read

Jsssssssss, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Vickay Win User

Protection Against Malware/Virus/Keyloggers

virus/malware protection

Do I need additional virus/malware protection such as McAfee or Norton with my Windows 10 and Office 365 software?

Vickay, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Protection Against Malware/Virus/Keyloggers

1. Protection Against Malware/Virus/Keyloggers - Similar Threads - Protection Against Malware

2. Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware: With Windows 10 is it necessary to subscribe to third party anti-virus software such as Norton or Avast. or is the Windows 10 capable of stopping any and all threats? What are the settings that should be turned on? I am a senior with very poor knowledge of technology. Please...
  3. Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware: With Windows 10 is it necessary to subscribe to third party anti-virus software such as Norton or Avast. or is the Windows 10 capable of stopping any and all threats? What are the settings that should be turned on? I am a senior with very poor knowledge of technology. Please...
  4. Windows 10 Protection against viruses and malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Best protection for windows 11 virtualization against malwares, viruses and phishing...

Best protection for windows 11 virtualization against malwares, viruses and phishing...: Which option will give the best protection against malwares, viruses and phishing attacks on my Windows 11 pc? Is it enabling ‘Core isolation’ on windows system or enabling ‘Hardware virtualization’ from Kaspersky Total Security’ which I installed as anti-virus in my...
  6. Does Windows Defender protect against malware with all browsers?

Does Windows Defender protect against malware with all browsers?: I have Windows 10 on my desktop. I have had Malwarebytes working on this computer since 2013. Suddenly, it will no longer open but it is still installed. I have no idea why this has happened and have had trouble getting help from Malwarebytes. Does Windows Defender...
  7. Is Microsoft Defender providing protection against "SaveThQueen" malware?

Is Microsoft Defender providing protection against "SaveThQueen" malware?: Hello, Is Microsoft Defender providing protection against "SaveThQueen" malware? Thanks, Florina https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-microsoft-defender-providing-protection-against/b16f50af-8b6c-4091-9c0b-649eb46c58de"
  8. Virus and malware protection

Virus and malware protection: Hi, I'm Jose Javier and I have a Window laptop with Windows 10 Home; version 10.0.17763. My computer has Window Defender Security System and an Antivirus named Avast. I have bought my laptop a year ago. I really want to know how I can get total Window Security with Window...
  9. anti virus and malware protection

anti virus and malware protection: Windows Security is now recognised now as being more than adequate for protection from viruses malware ransomeware ect. Will this eventually negate the need for third party software and what will happen to the likes of Bitdefender Kaspersky McAfee etc. Will people still...
  10. Anti virus and malware protection

Anti virus and malware protection: Is the Windows Defender very effective protection against any harms that may be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/anti-virus-and-malware-protection/6a679aa5-3f2b-4172-84f6-b812aa914cfb