Windows 10: Protection History and Controlled Folder Access NOT showing recent activity

Discus and support Protection History and Controlled Folder Access NOT showing recent activity in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,Like many I have Windows Defender active and working alongside Malwarebytes as my antivirus and antimalware protection.Quite frequently I get popups... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Helvellyn48, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Protection History and Controlled Folder Access NOT showing recent activity

Hi,Like many I have Windows Defender active and working alongside Malwarebytes as my antivirus and antimalware protection.Quite frequently I get popups telling me things like iCloud or other apps have been blocked from Controlled Folder Access. All normal so far.However, when I go into Protection History on Windows Security I am met with Apps that were blocked in early November 2021 and prior to that date and nothing since. When I go to "Manage Controlled Folder Access" and the "Allow an App through controlled folder access" and try and find the "recently blocked apps", again it gives me only

:)

Helvellyn48, Jan 26, 2022
  2. AMX& Win User

Windows Security - Controlled Folder Access - Recently Blocked App List

Hello,

I thank you for your response. I know how to add and remove apps to and from the controlled folder access. My question is how to remove an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list. In Windows 1809 they made it easier to add apps to the controlled folder
    access without having to navigate to the exe. They added a Recently Blocked Apps list you can select from. The steps for Windows 1809 are:

1. Open the Windows Security and click/tap on the Virus & threat protection icon.

2. Click/tap on the Manage ransomware protection link under the Ransomware protection section.

3. Click/tap on the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link.

4. Click/tap on Yes when prompted by UAC to approve.

5. Click/tap on Add an Allowed App (+) sign

6. Click or tap Recently Blocked Apps from the drop down menu. (NEW)

7. Click or tap on the (+) button for the app you want to add from the list. (NEW)

It is this Recently Blocked Folders List I am trying to edit to remove apps I have not authorized and that have been deleted from my PC and are still in this list. I know you can select an allowed app from the controlled folder access list and you will
    see a REMOVE button, which in 1809 will put the app back in the Recently Blocked Apps list if it was there originally. But that same process does not work on the Blocked Apps list.

My question still remains:

How do you delete an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list in Windows Security for Windows 1809?

AMX&, Jan 26, 2022
  3. Jsssssssss, Jan 26, 2022
  4. Matt316 Win User

Protection History and Controlled Folder Access NOT showing recent activity

Controlled Folder Access

Hi.

I've been using Controlled Folder Access recently but I'm having a problem getting one application to change/create files. I use doPDF8 to create PDF files, but when CFA is active, it won't save my work. The notice explaining that something has tried accessing the folder only comes up once. (I assume that if you don't do anything about it, the program trying to access the file is put on the 'black list'.) Turning CFA off and then on again causes the notice to appear once more. However, the notice seems to suggest that it is C:\Windows\splwow64.exe that is trying to access/create the file, but when I put this into the 'allow app control' list, it still doesn't work. The only way I can find to get the PDF file created is to turn off CFA, create the file and then turn it back on again.

Any ideas?

Matt

(Windows 10 ver 1709)

Matt316, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

Protection History and Controlled Folder Access NOT showing recent activity

1. Protection History and Controlled Folder Access NOT showing recent activity - Similar Threads - Protection History Controlled

2. Protection History for Controlled folder access is empty.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protection History for Controlled folder access is empty.: As described in the subject the protection history of the controlled folder access is blank when I look to see recent entries.I have had notifications appear that state that recent apps have been blocked access, but when I click on the notification it takes me to an empty...
  3. Protection History for Controlled folder access is empty.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protection History for Controlled folder access is empty.: As described in the subject the protection history of the controlled folder access is blank when I look to see recent entries.I have had notifications appear that state that recent apps have been blocked access, but when I click on the notification it takes me to an empty...
  4. How do I clear the Controlled Folder Access Protection History?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clear the Controlled Folder Access Protection History?: Hello.How do I clear the Controlled Folder Access Protection History? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-the-controlled-folder-access/8c2ea59f-35c5-458e-ad84-9f365c03bc62
  5. How do I clear the Controlled Folder Access Protection History?

How do I clear the Controlled Folder Access Protection History?: Hello.How do I clear the Controlled Folder Access Protection History? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-the-controlled-folder-access/8c2ea59f-35c5-458e-ad84-9f365c03bc62
  6. Protection History and Controlled Folder Access NOT showing recent activity

Protection History and Controlled Folder Access NOT showing recent activity: Hi,Like many I have Windows Defender active and working alongside Malwarebytes as my antivirus and antimalware protection.Quite frequently I get popups telling me things like iCloud or other apps have been blocked from Controlled Folder Access. All normal so far.However, when...
  7. How to clear controlled Folder Access in Block History Protection History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clear controlled Folder Access in Block History Protection History: I am having trouble clearing my controlled folder access block history. I know of the method of deleting the Service folder by going into ProgramData/Mircosoft/WindowsDefener/Scans/History by deleting the files under CacheManager and turning real time protection on and off,...
  8. How to clear controlled Folder Access in Block History Protection History

How to clear controlled Folder Access in Block History Protection History: I am having trouble clearing my controlled folder access block history. I know of the method of deleting the Service folder by going into ProgramData/Mircosoft/WindowsDefener/Scans/History by deleting the files under CacheManager and turning real time protection on and off,...
  9. How to clear controlled Folder Access in Block History Protection History

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Protection History shows "No recent actions"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protection History shows "No recent actions": When I go to Settings --> Update & Security --> Windows Security --> Virus & Threat Protection and then either to Current threats --> Protection History or Ransomware Protection --> Manage ransomware protection --> Block History I get "No recent actions". Then the pointer...