Windows 10: Protection history keeps crashing please help me!

Discus and support Protection history keeps crashing please help me! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; so i have no idea why this happens, i want to go to my protection history to allow a file and i click protection history on virus and threat... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by zxmb4502, Mar 22, 2021.

1. zxmb4502 Win User

Protection history keeps crashing please help me!

so i have no idea why this happens, i want to go to my protection history to allow a file and i click protection history on virus and threat protection. and it its just all black and nothing is clickable on the left hand side or on the screen and after 3 - 2 seconds my whole tab just completely closes. very weird ive cleared the log from event viewer, and i go to protection history and it works and then i go back and click protection history again and freezes again and its all black. please help me.

:)

zxmb4502, Mar 22, 2021
  2. vicf1 Win User

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

vicf1, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Protection history keeps crashing please help me!

Protection History Crashing

The title says it all. I've found numerous articles on the Internet with this very issue. A file gets blocked from accessing a protected folder, you click the notification, and the Protection History pops up. You can then click the blocked apps and choose
    whether to allow or leave it blocked.

For a few days now, when I click Protection History, the UI pops up and then crashes after a few seconds of attempting to retrieve the history. It never actually displays the apps that were blocked. This is going to be an issue since I install a lot of things
    that attempt to access protected folders and I need to choose what to allow and what not to allow. I've tried several things, including a System Restore to a few days prior, but none of that has helped.

This appears to a relatively common Windows Defender issue. I need to know how to fix this, short of a clean Windows install. I've been in IT for almost 20 years and am comfortable navigating files and registry.

Jim

AnonymousOne, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Protection history keeps crashing please help me!

1. Protection history keeps crashing please help me! - Similar Threads - Protection history keeps

2. Protection History Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protection History Keeps Crashing: My Window's Defender keeps crashing every time I open up my Protection history, I did these steps and it didn't fix it.Open Settings > update and security > windows security > virus and threat protection.Click manage settings.Kindly turn off Real-time Protection and...
  3. Protection History Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protection History Keeps Crashing: My Window's Defender keeps crashing every time I open up my Protection history, I did these steps and it didn't fix it.Open Settings > update and security > windows security > virus and threat protection.Click manage settings.Kindly turn off Real-time Protection and...
  4. Protection History Keeps Crashing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Protection history crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protection history crashes: Everytime I launches protection history it always crashes. Even if I click pop out view or change it. When I click it it show I don't have history then force quit automatically. I have the latest version of windows. Why this is happening? What to do?...
  6. Protection history crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protection history crashes: Every time I launch protection history, it crashes even if I click the pop-up to view or change it. When I click on it, it shows that I have no history, then force closes to the desktop. I am on the latest version of windows, and I'm on the latest Virus & threat protection....
  7. Protection history crashes

Protection history crashes: Every time I launch protection history, it crashes even if I click the pop-up to view or change it. When I click on it, it shows that I have no history, then force closes to the desktop. I am on the latest version of windows, and I'm on the latest Virus & threat protection....
  8. Protection History Crashing

Protection History Crashing: The title says it all. I've found numerous articles on the Internet with this very issue. A file gets blocked from accessing a protected folder, you click the notification, and the Protection History pops up. You can then click the blocked apps and choose whether to allow or...
  9. Protection history Crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Protection history Crash: I scanned a pen-drive which had many folders infected by worm i.e all folders were in the form of .scr file. I scanned using windows defender and accidently I took the action and the folders infected were removed. So I thought to restore the folders. But as soon as I click...
  10. Protection History Crash

Protection History Crash: https://aka.ms/AA63nd4 I downloaded some keylogger samples and WD successfully block all files. But, windows security crashing if i try open protection history. There is no 'reinstall WD' or 'clear protection history' button. https://youtu.be/4ljxz1zUcYA...