Windows 10: Protection History Question

Discus and support Protection History Question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Question on Protection History. See screenshot. On Protection History, how do I delete only the 2 items for Severe listings? In the past, I seem to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jerry8A, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Jerry8A Win User

Protection History Question

Question on Protection History. See screenshot.
    On Protection History, how do I delete only the 2 items for Severe listings? In the past, I seem to remember deleting entries like this in the Protection History page with 1 or 2 clicks. However, I dont see that delete option now.
    Thanks,
    Jerry

Protection History Question [​IMG]

:)

Jerry8A, Dec 29, 2020
  2. vicf1 Win User

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

vicf1, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Zehlewi Win User
    Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Protection History Question - Similar Threads - Protection History Question

2. protection history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    protection history: how do I know if Unwanted app is found in my windows security protection s actually unwanted malware or unsafe and what action to take about it or is it something I need to allow...
  3. Protection History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protection History: The application in the photo was never installed or blocked and removed with military grade file shredder yet still shows up in protection history. I thought I was downloading a driver not a spyware utility. I have tried to remove it from protection history using instructions...
  4. Protection History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protection History: The application in the photo was never installed or blocked and removed with military grade file shredder yet still shows up in protection history. I thought I was downloading a driver not a spyware utility. I have tried to remove it from protection history using instructions...
  5. Protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protection history: How do I delete the protection history of microsoft defender Please help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protection-history/0bdaccd3-f29c-4e77-abe8-03a93e25b010
  6. Protection History

Protection History: Running Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21359. I noticed that if I go to Windows Security > Protection History I get a long list of the same item: Potentially unwanted app found dated 9/1/2020 with various times and to the right the word 'Low". The oldest listing is...
  7. Protection History Question

Protection History Question: On Protection History, how do I delete the Severe listings? See screenshot. Thanks, Jerry [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protection-history-question/06653507-e349-4cb4-ae6d-a01cdcea45b3
  8. Protection History

Protection History: When clicking "Protection History" in "Windows Security/Virus & threat protection" the window disappears after a few seconds. Does anybody know why this happens and how it is fixed? Many thanks...
  9. Protection History

Protection History: Can someone tell me how to get rid of these entries properly? At 1st, I thought clicking the 'Filters' button & selecting 'Clear Filters' would do the trick; but realized that is not what I'm looking for. 1. I want to clear these entries. 2. I've already let the programs...
  10. Protection History

Protection History: After running Windows Defender Offline Scan shouldn't that activity show up in Protection History? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protection-history/345164dd-f13b-44ab-b51a-1279ab0ca5d6"