Windows 10: Protection History shows "No recent actions"

Discus and support Protection History shows "No recent actions" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I go to Settings --> Update & Security --> Windows Security --> Virus & Threat Protection and then either to Current threats --> Protection... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Fortitude, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Fortitude Win User

Protection History shows "No recent actions"

When I go to Settings --> Update & Security --> Windows Security --> Virus & Threat Protection and then either to Current threats --> Protection History or Ransomware Protection --> Manage ransomware protection --> Block History I get "No recent actions". Then the pointer changes to an hourglass figure for two to three seconds and the window closes.

Until a few days ago I used to be able to see the Protection History or Block History after entering an administrator password. I'm using a standard user account. However, even if I do the above using an administrator account I get the same result.

About one time in ten I may actually get a result showing the Protection History or Block History. Something must have happened in the last few days, but I cannot really understand what it might be.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro v.2004 OS Build 19041.546 on a Dell Inspiron 5482 2-in-1.

:)

Fortitude, Oct 7, 2020

2. How to clear recent file history from apps in the taskbar?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to remove the recent history in the task bar.

• Right click on the icon list which you don’t want to display.
    • Choose remove from the list or unpin the icon accordingly and check if it helps.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 7, 2020
  3. PriyalP Win User
    Recent History list not getting cleared

Hello,

I'm facing this problem since a few days....whenever I clear the recent history list...it doesnt get empty! It still shows the site URLs. I went to Settings->
    application-> Internet Explorer...n deleted the history and all as well...but still the recent history shows all the sites.....Earlier when I used to clear the history the list would get empty but not working since a few days. Kindly help out with this
    issue!

thank you!

PriyalP, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Protection History shows "No recent actions"

William Dingh, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Protection History shows "No recent actions"

1. Protection History shows "No recent actions" - Similar Threads - Protection History shows

2. protection history no recent actions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    protection history no recent actions: hello, I have windows 10, for several months windows security protection history in says "no recent actions". Even when I have a PUP alert, or a folder access blocked notification that clearly requires my action.I have the following steps to no avail. can anyone please...
  3. protection history no recent actions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    protection history no recent actions: hello, I have windows 10, for several months windows security protection history in says "no recent actions". Even when I have a PUP alert, or a folder access blocked notification that clearly requires my action.I have the following steps to no avail. can anyone please...
  4. protection history no recent actions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Security actions not showing up in Protection History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security actions not showing up in Protection History: My Windows Security sometimes blocks legitimate programs such as the game Mass Effect Andromeda from saving stuff, but when I click on the notification to allow it, doesn't show up so I can't allow it to save my games!...
  6. Windows Security actions not showing up in Protection History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security actions not showing up in Protection History: My Windows Security sometimes blocks legitimate programs such as the game Mass Effect Andromeda from saving stuff, but when I click on the notification to allow it, doesn't show up so I can't allow it to save my games!...
  7. Windows Security actions not showing up in Protection History

8. Protection History not showing

Protection History not showing: Hiya, i am pretty new to PC and i do not know a lot about them. About a month ago, I lost the ability to see my protection history. I know that there should be stuff there and I have something that can deliberately trip it to see if it works or not and it is not showing...
  9. No recent actions in protection history

No recent actions in protection history: I've had this problem for several months. At first it just showed no recent actions. But just now it prompted me for Reputation-based protection, and it still shows no recent actions when I click review to check. So, is there any way to solve this problem without reinstalling...
  10. Protection history is blank and shows only "No recent actions"

Protection history is blank and shows only "No recent actions": Hi,My protection history is blank. I have spent 2 days reading and testing all kinds of "solutions" but to no avail. Best suggestion which many seems to have the most success with is to uninstall Intel Driver & Support Assistant. But i don't have any such to uninstall.I get...