Windows 10: Protection History view not working

Discus and support Protection History view not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does anyone have a problem when opening the Protection History pane from Settings? When I do this the window has nothing on it and none of the links... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sam Vimes, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Sam Vimes Win User

Protection History view not working

Does anyone have a problem when opening the Protection History pane from Settings?

When I do this the window has nothing on it and none of the links work - can't even go back Home. Moving the window causes it to close. As far as I can recall this has been happening across the last several revisions of 10 but with time on my hands I've just got around to thinking about it.

Happy Holiday.

:)

Sam Vimes, Dec 25, 2020
  2. vicf1 Win User

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

vicf1, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 View Update History

There is no "View your update history" option in the Advanced option Window. Things have apparently changed since you posted this. Have another suggestion?

Bernard Corrigan, Dec 25, 2020
  4. JohnG1954 Win User

History not working

When I click on the History symbol (ie the clock) it simply says "You'll see your browsing history here once you've visited sites"

There's no list of sites I've visited

and

I don't see how I may view the history according to the Last hour/Last week/older as per your preference, as you suggest.

Grateful for your further advice.

JohnG1954, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Protection History view not working - Similar Threads - Protection History view

2. How to allow users to view Protection History details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow users to view Protection History details: Currently, users may see recent items in Protection History, but clicking on an item in the list to see what caused the issue requires Administrator privileges. Is there a way to allow users to access the details, so they can see what took place? I.e which app/process was...
  3. How to allow users to view Protection History details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to allow users to view Protection History details: Currently, users may see recent items in Protection History, but clicking on an item in the list to see what caused the issue requires Administrator privileges. Is there a way to allow users to access the details, so they can see what took place? I.e which app/process was...
  4. protection history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    protection history: how do I know if Unwanted app is found in my windows security protection s actually unwanted malware or unsafe and what action to take about it or is it something I need to allow...
  5. Protection History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protection History: The application in the photo was never installed or blocked and removed with military grade file shredder yet still shows up in protection history. I thought I was downloading a driver not a spyware utility. I have tried to remove it from protection history using instructions...
  6. Protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protection history: How do I delete the protection history of microsoft defender Please help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protection-history/0bdaccd3-f29c-4e77-abe8-03a93e25b010
  7. Protection History

Protection History: Running Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 21359. I noticed that if I go to Windows Security > Protection History I get a long list of the same item: Potentially unwanted app found dated 9/1/2020 with various times and to the right the word 'Low". The oldest listing is...
  8. Protection History

Protection History: When clicking "Protection History" in "Windows Security/Virus & threat protection" the window disappears after a few seconds. Does anybody know why this happens and how it is fixed? Many thanks...
  9. Protection History

Protection History: Can someone tell me how to get rid of these entries properly? At 1st, I thought clicking the 'Filters' button & selecting 'Clear Filters' would do the trick; but realized that is not what I'm looking for. 1. I want to clear these entries. 2. I've already let the programs...
  10. Protection history not working

Protection history not working: Windows 10 keeps blocking apps, I have a steam account and whenever I download a game windows just blocks it. So I have to go to my protection history and allow it on my computer. The only problem is that whenever I open windows protection history, it just closes the app, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com