Windows 10: Protection History

Discus and support Protection History in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can someone tell me how to get rid of these entries properly? At 1st, I thought clicking the 'Filters' button & selecting 'Clear Filters' would do the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CJW, May 11, 2020.

1. CJW
    CJW Win User

Protection History

Can someone tell me how to get rid of these entries properly? At 1st, I thought clicking the 'Filters' button & selecting 'Clear Filters' would do the trick; but realized that is not what I'm looking for.

1. I want to clear these entries.
    2. I've already let the programs access to the folders listed, so why do these keep popping up?

:)

2. Zehlewi Win User

Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, May 11, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, May 11, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

Protection History

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Protection History

1. Protection History - Similar Threads - Protection History

2. Does Deleing Windows Protection History also Remove Viruses?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Deleing Windows Protection History also Remove Viruses?: So when i delete my windows protection history does it delete the files? [Original Title: Virus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/does-deleing-windows-protection-history-also/4bfc0ef7-e29b-4a52-b937-6a2ec438ba36
  3. I need help. For some reason when I try to open protection history in WD it will freeze the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help. For some reason when I try to open protection history in WD it will freeze the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CantBeOwned [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkd1o2/i_need_help_for_some_reason_when_i_try_to_open/
  4. Windows Security app crashes when trying to view Protection History

Windows Security app crashes when trying to view Protection History: I'm running 1909. Whenever I try viewing "Protection History", the Windows Security app crashes: Faulting application path: C:\windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\SecHealthUI.exe Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll...
  5. Windows defender showing remediation incomplete in protection history

Windows defender showing remediation incomplete in protection history: What can be done in case if windows defender shows remediation incomplete? Status is failed. alert level- severe threat detected : Worm:Win32/Babonock.A category worm How to delete or remove this threat ? as only action available is "allow" at bottom ran an entire...
  6. Windows defender protection history is missing

Windows defender protection history is missing: Hi guys, i need your help, as i am having an issue here since around 2 weeks ago. when you go to the Windows Defender --> Virus & Threat Protection --> Ransomware Protection --> Block history is missing and showing blank page. Same is if you go to Windows Defender -->...
  7. Unable to access Windows Security's protection history

Unable to access Windows Security's protection history: Hi, When I click on the "Protection history" from Windows Security, I am unable to see the protection history and the Windows Security window just closes up. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? [ATTACH]...
  8. Unable to clear protection history

Unable to clear protection history: I am using Windows 10 Home build 1909 and I am unable to clear the Windows Security Protection History... I have tried... Open Event viewer and find Log "Operational" under Application and service logs / Microsoft / Windows / Windows defender Right click on it and select...
  9. Protection History Crashing

Protection History Crashing: The title says it all. I've found numerous articles on the Internet with this very issue. A file gets blocked from accessing a protected folder, you click the notification, and the Protection History pops up. You can then click the blocked apps and choose whether to allow or...
  10. Windows defender crashed in protection history screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows defender crashed in protection history screen.: To be honest I pretty much gave up all hope for this subject, but I'll give it a try since I don't have many option. My windows defender crash a few seconds after I open protection history screen, I got some tier 2 technicians from microsoft support to remote controlled my...