Windows 10: Protection History

Discus and support Protection History in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can someone tell me how to get rid of these entries properly? At 1st, I thought clicking the 'Filters' button & selecting 'Clear Filters' would do the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CJW, May 11, 2020.

1. CJW
    CJW Win User

Protection History

Can someone tell me how to get rid of these entries properly? At 1st, I thought clicking the 'Filters' button & selecting 'Clear Filters' would do the trick; but realized that is not what I'm looking for.

1. I want to clear these entries.
    2. I've already let the programs access to the folders listed, so why do these keep popping up?

:)

2. Zehlewi Win User

Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, May 11, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, May 11, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

Protection History

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Protection History

1. Protection History - Similar Threads - Protection History

2. Help with Windows defender protection history.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Windows defender protection history.: There are two items on protection history that regard to the exact same virus on the same file item A.Since the support system won't upload my file, here's the explanation.First one on 20:14 am, statingRemediation IncompleteDetected: Virus:Win32\Grenam.VA!MSRStatus: Clean...
  3. Help with Windows defender protection history.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with Windows defender protection history.: There are two items on protection history that regard to the exact same virus on the same file item A.Since the support system won't upload my file, here's the explanation.First one on 20:14 am, statingRemediation IncompleteDetected: Virus:Win32\Grenam.VA!MSRStatus: Clean...
  4. Help Windows Security , Protection History is Crash!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Windows Security , Protection History is Crash!: tried this solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protection-history-crashes/e6d54506-4712-4bb0-88bc-8b518b3d8bf0 it might work, but i can't take ownership , even using InstallTakeOwnership.reg, please help...
  5. Help Windows Security , Protection History is Crash!

Help Windows Security , Protection History is Crash!: tried this solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protection-history-crashes/e6d54506-4712-4bb0-88bc-8b518b3d8bf0 it might work, but i can't take ownership , even using InstallTakeOwnership.reg, please help...
  6. Help Windows Security , Protection History is Crash!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Keep seeing messages about Trojan Win32/Occamy.C being blocked on Protection History....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep seeing messages about Trojan Win32/Occamy.C being blocked on Protection History....: Hello everyoneRecentely since the 2nd of february I've been seeing messages on my Protection History about a threat being blocked every few days. It says that it detected the Trojan Win32/Occamy.C and that it removed it. I also see nothing about where it's located, only that...
  8. Keep seeing messages about Trojan Win32/Occamy.C being blocked on Protection History....

Keep seeing messages about Trojan Win32/Occamy.C being blocked on Protection History....: Hello everyoneRecentely since the 2nd of february I've been seeing messages on my Protection History about a threat being blocked every few days. It says that it detected the Trojan Win32/Occamy.C and that it removed it. I also see nothing about where it's located, only that...
  9. Keep seeing messages about Trojan Win32/Occamy.C being blocked on Protection History....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Protection history crashes, I tried following instructions given for a similar question and...

Protection history crashes, I tried following instructions given for a similar question and...: Hi, I think I may have by mistake accepted actions suggested through Windows Security for threats it detected without going through them, so I wanted to take a look and if needed to change stuff.And I have a similar problem as here:Protection history crashes - Microsoft...