Windows 10: Protection History

Discus and support Protection History in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When clicking "Protection History" in "Windows Security/Virus & threat protection" the window disappears after a few seconds. Does anybody know why... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jonny4249, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Jonny4249 Win User

Protection History

When clicking "Protection History" in "Windows Security/Virus & threat protection" the window disappears after a few seconds.

Does anybody know why this happens and how it is fixed?

Many thanks

:)

Jonny4249, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Zehlewi Win User

Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Protection History

Unable to clear protection history

I am using Windows 10 Home build 1909 and I am unable to clear the Windows Security Protection History...

I have tried...

Open Event viewer and find Log "Operational" under Application and service logs / Microsoft / Windows / Windows defender

Right click on it and select clear log.

and

Delete folder Service C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service .

After deleting the folder Service, off and turn on (OFF>ON) Real-Time protection and Cloud protection.

And neither suggestion works. Are there any other suggestions to clear the protection history

Microsoft needs to reinstall the clear button.

I have entries because I had Controlled folder access turned on by accident... I have it off now.

Jack Smook, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Protection History

1. Protection History - Similar Threads - Protection History

2. Windows Security/ Protection History/ Invalid Entries

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security/ Protection History/ Invalid Entries: Hi all. Some of you are probably aware of an item known as a "game trainer" for PC games; a popular site to get them is GameCopyWorld at PC Game Trainers, Cheats No-CD / No-DVD PlayFixes Patches | GameCopyWorld Some of these trainers (since, when you launch them, are...
  3. Protection History Question

Protection History Question: Question on Protection History. See screenshot. On Protection History, how do I delete only the 2 items for Severe listings? In the past, I seem to remember deleting entries like this in the Protection History page with 1 or 2 clicks. However, I dont see that delete option...
  4. Protection History Question

Protection History Question: On Protection History, how do I delete the Severe listings? See screenshot. Thanks, Jerry [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protection-history-question/06653507-e349-4cb4-ae6d-a01cdcea45b3
  5. Protection History view not working

Protection History view not working: Does anyone have a problem when opening the Protection History pane from Settings? When I do this the window has nothing on it and none of the links work - can't even go back Home. Moving the window causes it to close. As far as I can recall this has been happening across...
  6. Windows Defender crashing when I open protection history.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender crashing when I open protection history.: I'm using windows 10 and this started happening about a day before. When I open windows defender to check my protection history I have ransomware protection turned on and have to check it regularly, the program freezes for about 15 seconds and I cannot click on anything....
  7. Windows 10: Windows Defender: Windows Security: Threats and Protection History Crashing

Windows 10: Windows Defender: Windows Security: Threats and Protection History Crashing: After replacing SSD HDDs and reinstalling Windows 10 the threats and protection history continues to self exit when attempting to populate. How do I fix this?...
  8. Windows defender protection history is missing

Windows defender protection history is missing: my protection history isnt working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-protection-history-is-missing/ee32a817-3e64-4da5-8577-1e4ff7e77b72
  9. Windows Defender, protection history crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender, protection history crashes: Recently windows is picking up a steam game I've played for years as a virus and quarantined it's files as well as blocking access to the folder. The only problem here is that I can't open up protection history to move those files out of quarantine because windows defender...
  10. Can you clear the " Protection History list ? " of unwanted apps that are already removed

Can you clear the " Protection History list ? " of unwanted apps that are already removed: I have 1 history recorded it is low threat warning and from 4 months ago.... can you clear this list ? , there is not a problem as it is removed from files and no record of it in system anymore.... Thanks ^^...