Windows 10: Protection History

Discus and support Protection History in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When clicking "Protection History" in "Windows Security/Virus & threat protection" the window disappears after a few seconds. Does anybody know why... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jonny4249, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Jonny4249 Win User

Protection History

When clicking "Protection History" in "Windows Security/Virus & threat protection" the window disappears after a few seconds.

Does anybody know why this happens and how it is fixed?

Many thanks

:)

Jonny4249, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Zehlewi Win User

Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Protection History

Unable to clear protection history

I am using Windows 10 Home build 1909 and I am unable to clear the Windows Security Protection History...

I have tried...

Open Event viewer and find Log "Operational" under Application and service logs / Microsoft / Windows / Windows defender

Right click on it and select clear log.

and

Delete folder Service C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service .

After deleting the folder Service, off and turn on (OFF>ON) Real-Time protection and Cloud protection.

And neither suggestion works. Are there any other suggestions to clear the protection history

Microsoft needs to reinstall the clear button.

I have entries because I had Controlled folder access turned on by accident... I have it off now.

Jack Smook, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Protection History

1. Protection History - Similar Threads - Protection History

2. Help Windows Security , Protection History is Crash!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Windows Security , Protection History is Crash!: tried this solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protection-history-crashes/e6d54506-4712-4bb0-88bc-8b518b3d8bf0 it might work, but i can't take ownership , even using InstallTakeOwnership.reg, please help...
  3. Help Windows Security , Protection History is Crash!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Windows Security , Protection History is Crash!: tried this solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protection-history-crashes/e6d54506-4712-4bb0-88bc-8b518b3d8bf0 it might work, but i can't take ownership , even using InstallTakeOwnership.reg, please help...
  4. Help Windows Security , Protection History is Crash!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Keep seeing messages about Trojan Win32/Occamy.C being blocked on Protection History....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep seeing messages about Trojan Win32/Occamy.C being blocked on Protection History....: Hello everyoneRecentely since the 2nd of february I've been seeing messages on my Protection History about a threat being blocked every few days. It says that it detected the Trojan Win32/Occamy.C and that it removed it. I also see nothing about where it's located, only that...
  6. Keep seeing messages about Trojan Win32/Occamy.C being blocked on Protection History....

Keep seeing messages about Trojan Win32/Occamy.C being blocked on Protection History....: Hello everyoneRecentely since the 2nd of february I've been seeing messages on my Protection History about a threat being blocked every few days. It says that it detected the Trojan Win32/Occamy.C and that it removed it. I also see nothing about where it's located, only that...
  7. Keep seeing messages about Trojan Win32/Occamy.C being blocked on Protection History....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Protection history crashes, I tried following instructions given for a similar question and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protection history crashes, I tried following instructions given for a similar question and...: Hi, I think I may have by mistake accepted actions suggested through Windows Security for threats it detected without going through them, so I wanted to take a look and if needed to change stuff.And I have a similar problem as here:Protection history crashes - Microsoft...
  9. Protection history crashes, I tried following instructions given for a similar question and...

Protection history crashes, I tried following instructions given for a similar question and...: Hi, I think I may have by mistake accepted actions suggested through Windows Security for threats it detected without going through them, so I wanted to take a look and if needed to change stuff.And I have a similar problem as here:Protection history crashes - Microsoft...
  10. Protection history crashes, I tried following instructions given for a similar question and...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security