Windows 10: Protection history

Discus and support Protection history in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I did a full scan, windows defender found a threat. So i went to protection history , I found it blank !!!!What should I do?Please help me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AbhayShaw, Jun 11, 2021.

1. AbhayShaw Win User

Protection history

When I did a full scan, windows defender found a threat. So i went to protection history , I found it blank !!!!What should I do?Please help me

:)

AbhayShaw, Jun 11, 2021
  2. vicf1 Win User

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

vicf1, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Protection History Question

Question on Protection History. See screenshot.
    On Protection History, how do I delete only the 2 items for Severe listings? In the past, I seem to remember deleting entries like this in the Protection History page with 1 or 2 clicks. However, I don’t see that delete option now.
    Thanks,
    Jerry

Protection history [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Zehlewi Win User

Protection history

Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Protection history

1. Protection history - Similar Threads - Protection history

2. Does Windows Defender Automatically remove protection history?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Windows Defender Automatically remove protection history?: Hi,I've scanned two things in the past as malware thanks to Windows Security one of which were a false positive - came from a game called Genshin Impact that is attached to cache files, and the other you can see from my post history Bluteal!A. Today, I went to see my...
  3. Microsoft Defender Offline scan : no log in Protection History

Microsoft Defender Offline scan : no log in Protection History: Hi !I've just try to do a scan with WDO twice. It seems to end at 91% scan lasts around one minute, and I can find no trace of the scan/log either in Protection History or in the Event Viewer.Help, anyone ?...
  4. W10 Windows Defender Protection History

W10 Windows Defender Protection History: Hi, is it possible to clear the "all recent items" list in "virus & protection/protection history" it currently lists 14 items of "protected memory access blocked" and 1 item of "protected folder access blocked" all low severity. I have tried various "solutions" but none have...
  5. W10 Windows Defender Protection History

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Windows Defender Protection History: Hi, is it possible to clear the "all recent items" list in "virus & protection/protection history" it currently lists 14 items of "protected memory access blocked" and 1 item of "protected folder access blocked" all low severity. I have tried various "solutions" but none have...
  6. Protection History

Protection History: Help i dont know what i am supposed to do with this thingys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/protection-history/b309cc51-d984-465a-ba6b-3caf2a9df844
  7. Windows Defender Windows Security automatically closes after I select: Protection History...

Windows Defender Windows Security automatically closes after I select: Protection History...: After struggling to access protection history and allowed threats in Windows Defender see the following...
  8. WIndows Defender not showing Protection History

WIndows Defender not showing Protection History: Hello,I recently re-installed windows on my pc, but I chose to keep all my files and apps. All the apps' data were alright, but windows defender's protection history was gone! I don't have a problem with that. But then no matter how many times my pc is scanned and actions are...
  9. Windows Defender Problem Threat found, but not shown in Protection history

Windows Defender Problem Threat found, but not shown in Protection history: Recently, when I scan my device using Windows Defender, it shows "1 threats found" and action has been taken. However, when I click into "Protection history", rhere is no recent action by Windows Defender, eventhough in "Allowed threats". This problem happens every time I...
  10. Ransomware Protection history empty

Ransomware Protection history empty: Ransomware Protection history is gone after installing KB5001330 even fallbacks are the same problem And the blocked app read record is not visible.I have not installed any third-party anti-virus software...