Windows 10: protection recovery key

Discus and support protection recovery key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good morning, kindly help me on how to recover my lumia 640 from recovery key protection. i have tried my all. please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OH3, Mar 6, 2019.

1. OH3
    OH3 Win User

protection recovery key

Good morning,

kindly help me on how to recover my lumia 640 from recovery key protection. i have tried my all.

please help.

:)

2. How to get protection recovery key

Hi Ravi_ 165,

Thank you for posting your query. Windows phones will require the recovery key when the reset protection is enabled on the device. When you’ve enabled it, you will be receiving a "Welcome to Reset Protection" confirmation sent to the email
    address associated with your Microsoft account. You can try to check your email and see if the recovery key is still available from there.

If in any case that the recovery key is not available from your email, then kindly follow these steps on how to get a recovery key:

1. Go to account.microsoft.com/devices. (Kindly use your Microsoft account associated to your Windows phone.)
    2. Check the information under your Windows phone, then click Get recovery key.
    3. Tap the check box for “I’m ready to get a recovery key”.
    4. Then, click Get key.

You can also get the recovery key by turning off the Reset Protection online. To do this, kindly follow these steps:

1. Go to account.microsoft.com/devices. (Kindly use your Microsoft account associated to your Windows phone.)
    2. Next to the phone you no longer own, select Remove phone.
    3. Select the I'm ready to remove my phone check box, note the recovery key, and then select
      Remove. The recovery key will display on the page and will also be emailed to you.
    4. When you're certain that you have your recovery key saved, select the
      I've kept a copy of the recovery key
      check box, and then select
      Okay

After you turn off the Reset Protection, then your phone is no longer listed on
    L: account.microsoft.com/devices, and you can remove Reset Protection during phone set up using the
    Disable using recovery key option.

For more information, you can visit Protect my phone.

If you think this was useful or resolve your query, feel free to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem/question.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let us know by replying to this thread. This way, we will get notified and respond back to you as soon as we can.

Many thanks.

Dennis Zac, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Reset Protection recovery Key

A recovery key may be obtained from account.microsoft.com by removing your phone from account.microsoft.com/devices.

You can find more information on the reset protection process

here.

• Go to
      account.microsoft.com/devices
      , sign in with the Microsoft Account used on the device at time of reset or recovery.
    • click Remove phone.
    • When you're certain that you have your recovery key saved, select the

check box, and then click Okay.
    • Use the recovery key during phone set up

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Mar 6, 2019
  4. protection recovery key

RESET PROTECTION RECOVERY KEY

Look at this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10549/microsoft-account-protect-my-phone

Particularly look at this part. Although you still own the phone it will help you.

To turn off Reset Protection when you no longer own the phone

If someone has received your phone and you didn't turn off Reset Protection, the recipient won't be able to set up the phone. Here's what you can do:

• Go to

• Next to the phone you no longer own, select Remove phone.

• Select the I'm ready to remove my phone check box, note the recovery key, and then select
      Remove. The recovery key will display on the page and will also be emailed to you.

• When you're certain that you have your recovery key saved, select the
      check box, and then select
      Okay

• Forward the recovery key email to your phone recipient.
    Your phone is no longer listed on
    , and the recipient can remove Reset Protection during phone set up using the
    Disable using recovery key option.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

protection recovery key

1. protection recovery key - Similar Threads - protection recovery key

2. How to recover a file protected by Bitlocker when they recovery key is lost?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover a file protected by Bitlocker when they recovery key is lost?: Hello, a month ago I locked my Drive E with Bitlocker and am sure to save the Recovery key. Now, it does not accept the password and I cannot find my Recovery Key. I logged into my Microsoft account and found the section to find the Bitlocker keys, however, the Key to the...
  3. How to recover a file protected by Bitlocker when they recovery key is lost?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover a file protected by Bitlocker when they recovery key is lost?: Hello, a month ago I locked my Drive E with Bitlocker and am sure to save the Recovery key. Now, it does not accept the password and I cannot find my Recovery Key. I logged into my Microsoft account and found the section to find the Bitlocker keys, however, the Key to the...
  4. RECOVERY KEY ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RECOVERY KEY ?: IWWAS HACKED AND USE TWO STEP VERIFICATION MY PHOME WAS HACKED AND IT WONT LET ME IN BECAUSE I NEEED TO SIGN INYTO GOOGLE AND MY COMPUTER IS THE SAME WAY IM USING *** Email address is removed for privacy *** TO GET IT BACK WHY CANT THIS BE FIXED !...
  5. BitLocker data protection is on but no keys - BitLocker recovery keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BitLocker data protection is on but no keys - BitLocker recovery keys: I had some hardware problem with my laptop and after being fixed I am asked for the BitLocker recovery key. I don't remember if I saved it somewhere. I am looking in the Microsoft account and I can see that the drives are marked as encrypted using BitLocker but I have no...
  6. protect key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    protect key: what my pc protect key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protect-key/26bb3a6a-b965-43b6-9bdf-67c3daa80991"
  7. System Protection Recovery

System Protection Recovery: Hello, How do I turn on (highlight) the System Restore button in the (System Properties dialogue box) on my windows 10 PC. I would like to setup restore points. You have to go into Search > Control Panel > Advanced recovery tools > Configure System Restore to get to...
  8. Recovery key

Recovery key: recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-key/026a73c5-e2eb-4a7f-b5e2-e96618905907
  9. recovery key

in Windows 10 Customization
    recovery key: Can't find my recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/recovery-key/2375db43-10ad-4752-ae70-f5362d196944
  10. Recovery key

Recovery key: How do I get the recovery key on my dell Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/recovery-key/a6a51004-1343-4214-a4a8-5e46b062f6bb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone requires protection recovery key

2. Select the Im ready to remove my phone check box note the recovery key and then select Remove. The recovery key will display on the page and will also be emailed to you.