Windows 10: Protection software

Discus and support Protection software in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Please advise of the best and affordable anti malaware, anti virus software available. I have windows defender running, is that ok OS: Windows 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by protocoder, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Protection software

Please advise of the best and affordable anti malaware, anti virus software available. I have windows defender running, is that ok

Accidentally pressed 1-news and it is pushing nonsense. It tempted me with a book, I was searching. My mistake.
    I have followed the advise on net and in chrome, site settings I have blocked it but I want to be sure and did system restore.

2. I have other system windows 10, it takes 3-4 minutes to boot up and shut down and generally slow. I want to clean the system Your help is appreciated

:)

protocoder, Dec 23, 2020

2. backup protected dvds

I want to create backup copies of my favorite DVD collections and I tried Nero but it said that the DVDs are protected. I tried looking for another software and I found this list of DVD copy software that claimed to be the best for copying protected DVDs. I need a feedback from someone who has tried using any of these software before I'll buy one. I just want to make sure so I can burn my DVDs and not my money. If you have any other suggestions or recommendations I would really appreciate it.

BurningNewbie, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Microsoft software protection platform (sppsvc) any other fixes for this?

Hello WulfBreaker,

Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service is a technology that is aimed at helping prevent piracy and protect customers from software tampering while making licensing easier to manage.
    Try to disable the SvcRestartTask command. Here's how:

1. Click the Start menu button, type scheduled task and open Scheduled tasks.
    2. Enter Task Scheduler Library, then Microsoft,
      Windows, and finally SoftwareProtectionPlatform.
    3. Right-click on SvcRestartTask, and choose Disable.
    4. In case there are two or more such processes, delete the duplicates.

If the issue still persists, some users suggested using a third-party software to disable the said service. You can check the suggested steps from
    Ellio_tt in this thread.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 23, 2020
  4. @RaXxaa@ Win User

Protection software

Data Hiding\Protecting software,Need quick reply

hello everyone, i recently have problems in my laptop and sending it inn for a repair, now i cant take the hdd out to have my data protected but i hope nothing is done to it, so i need a software that hides or protects my folder from being opened?
    Any suggestions?

@RaXxaa@, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Protection software

1. Protection software - Similar Threads - Protection software

2. What is trustworthy software to protects your PC and its free/paid verison

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is trustworthy software to protects your PC and its free/paid verison: What type software you guys used to protect/boost your PC performance by like updating drivers and remove junk files and protect from not to get your info leaked...
  3. What is trustworthy software to protects your PC and its free/paid verison

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is trustworthy software to protects your PC and its free/paid verison: What type software you guys used to protect/boost your PC performance by like updating drivers and remove junk files and protect from not to get your info leaked...
  4. Do I need special software for example MacAfee for protection on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need special software for example MacAfee for protection on my laptop?: On my laptop I have installed a legal version of microsoft office and Windows 11 Home software. It appears to me that this software is able to protect my laptop against viruses and other attacks. Is this a right conclusion ?...
  5. Do I need special software for example MacAfee for protection on my laptop?

Do I need special software for example MacAfee for protection on my laptop?: On my laptop I have installed a legal version of microsoft office and Windows 11 Home software. It appears to me that this software is able to protect my laptop against viruses and other attacks. Is this a right conclusion ?...
  6. "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services: I've been having trouble with software protection not launching and as a result windows 11 has been deactivated on my device. When attempting to launch software protection I get the message "Windows could not start the Software Protection service on Local Computer. Error...
  7. "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services

"Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services: I've been having trouble with software protection not launching and as a result windows 11 has been deactivated on my device. When attempting to launch software protection I get the message "Windows could not start the Software Protection service on Local Computer. Error...
  8. Service Host: Windows Update, Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service and wsappx...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Windows Update, Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service and wsappx...: I'm using windows 10 19045.3031, which should be the latest version and I don't have any updates pending. Service Host: Windows Update will keep consuming both CPU and memory until it consumes about 200MB, then it will stop using CPU and reduce memory usage, but the whole...
  9. Service Host: Windows Update, Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service and wsappx...

Service Host: Windows Update, Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service and wsappx...: I'm using windows 10 19045.3031, which should be the latest version and I don't have any updates pending. Service Host: Windows Update will keep consuming both CPU and memory until it consumes about 200MB, then it will stop using CPU and reduce memory usage, but the whole...
  10. Service Host: Windows Update, Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service and wsappx...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade