Windows 10: Protection Tools for Windows 10

Discus and support Protection Tools for Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am listing down what I know so far. Please fill in what I am missed: 1. Windows Defender includes Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool a.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hey there MSSW, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Protection Tools for Windows 10

I am listing down what I know so far. Please fill in what I am missed:

1. Windows Defender includes Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

a. Auto scan - gives you an notification of the results

b. Manual quick scan

c. Manual full scan

d. Microsoft defender offline scan

2. System File Checker sfc /scannow

3. Disk Cleanup

4. Disk Defragmenter

5. Check Disk CHKDSK

6. System Restore

7. I’ve never tried using the following but noting them here: a bootrec /fixmbr, b bootrec /fixboot, c bootrec /scanos, and d bootrec /rebuildbcd

8. Update and backup - which I still have to figure out

Below are not Microsoft but noting them here:

1. Chrome Cleanup in Google’s Browser

2. Trusteer Rapport

With all of the above, there should not be any more issues. If there are, what else can I do apart from the above when an unfortunate event comes up.

Thank in advance.

:)

Hey there MSSW, Jun 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Protection Tools for Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Protection Tools for Windows 10

1. Protection Tools for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Protection Tools

2. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool made the USB device write protected and this is irreversible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Creation Tool made the USB device write protected and this is irreversible.: I was trying to create a bootable USB flash drive of Windows 11 using the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool. It completed everything but still ended with Error code 0x80070013 - 0xa001b.I was using Sandisk Ultra Dual 32 GB USB 3.0 OTG Pendrive, just for information.Then I...
  3. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool made the USB device write protected and this is irreversible.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Media Creation Tool made the USB device write protected and this is irreversible.: I was trying to create a bootable USB flash drive of Windows 11 using the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool. It completed everything but still ended with Error code 0x80070013 - 0xa001b.I was using Sandisk Ultra Dual 32 GB USB 3.0 OTG Pendrive, just for information.Then I...
  4. How to remove disk write protection from USB created with Windows Media Creation Tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove disk write protection from USB created with Windows Media Creation Tool?: After using the Windows Media Creation Tool to burn an installation image to a USB memory stick, the device is marked as Read Only.It is not possible to format the device, delete the partition or otherwise make it re-usable. Since I don't have any need for that particular...
  5. How to remove disk write protection from USB created with Windows Media Creation Tool?

How to remove disk write protection from USB created with Windows Media Creation Tool?: After using the Windows Media Creation Tool to burn an installation image to a USB memory stick, the device is marked as Read Only.It is not possible to format the device, delete the partition or otherwise make it re-usable. Since I don't have any need for that particular...
  6. How to remove disk write protection from USB created with Windows Media Creation Tool?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. USB FLash Drive Write Protect after Windows Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB FLash Drive Write Protect after Windows Media Creation Tool: Hi. I used my USB flash drive to make Windows Media Creation Tool but I got an error and it didn't finish. When I am about to reformat it to redo the process, I just can't use it anymore saying the drive is Write Protected. I searched and tried almost everything online on how...
  8. USB FLash Drive Write Protect after Windows Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB FLash Drive Write Protect after Windows Media Creation Tool: Hi. I used my USB flash drive to make Windows Media Creation Tool but I got an error and it didn't finish. When I am about to reformat it to redo the process, I just can't use it anymore saying the drive is Write Protected. I searched and tried almost everything online on how...
  9. USB FLash Drive Write Protect after Windows Media Creation Tool

10. anti hacking tools 3.2 and network protection 3 is from Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    anti hacking tools 3.2 and network protection 3 is from Microsoft: I have one issue with Microsoft Edge ,I ring Microsoft the free number for support 08006528704 the gentlemen tall me I been hacking and I have to install anti hacking tools 3.2 and network protection 3 for a cost and I want to know if is real thanks and is from Microsoft...