Windows 10: Provide a password to a background process

Discus and support Provide a password to a background process in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Is there a way to provide a password to a background application before a user has logged in? I have the following situation: I'm writing an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HornseyM, Nov 2, 2020.

1. HornseyM Win User

Provide a password to a background process

Hi,

Is there a way to provide a password to a background application before a user has logged in?

I have the following situation:

• I'm writing an application in Python to perform some network/system activities.
    • My application runs on Windows 10.
    • It needs to start when the computer turns start i.e. at boot time and continue running whether a user has logged in or not.
    • It needs to decrypt a password protected file as part of it's normal operation.

Is there a way to provide the password or equivalent to the process in a secure or as secure as possible way?

I apologies if I've not got any terms correct; I've not done a huge amount of Windows 10 programming/administration so my knowledge in this area is low.

Any questions/issue, please put them below and I'll respond as quickly as I can.

Many thanks,

:)

HornseyM, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Davidk03 Win User

Program running a background process?

I'm running Corel Video Studio 2018, and it's updates function shows characteristics of a background process:

- the program has an auto check daily plus a manual option for updates

- manually checked, presented with an option of downloading an update and Ok'd, evidence of any activity vanishes from the program workspace, yet the connected internet modem activity light begins running hot as the download happens

- it's repeatable over several up-date cycles

The evidence seems to suggest a background activity - whilst the program/PC is free to use for other things. Several software packages do this.

However, a check in task manager/processes, show all, does not display any info of a related background process for any Corel or Video Studio program. If a background process is being used by the software, MUST it be listed in the task manager/processes
    list?

Platform is windows 7 home sp1 64bit plus the important patches.

Davidk03, Nov 2, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Nov 2, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Background Processes

Hello Andrew,

Task Manager shows you the running processes or programs depending on what kind of services they are.
    Background processes run in the background without user intervention. The processes you see under this category include processes that involve logging, system monitoring, scheduling, and notifications. These are the processes that programs
    usually use in the background. Windows services on the other hand, shows you the list of processes that make up your computer's interface or behavior. This explains why what you normally see under this category are the Windows services that
    tell your computer how to operate.

Regards.

John Vil, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Provide a password to a background process - Similar Threads - Provide password background

2. background processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    background processes: what does that mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-processes/4f607cd7-afbd-4fe9-bccf-b58e7979732d
  3. background processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background processes: what does that mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-processes/4f607cd7-afbd-4fe9-bccf-b58e7979732d
  4. Background Process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Process: With all the programs closed in my windows 11 I get 110 processes running. However I've seen some people with only 25 or lower, I've tried everything to get that low amount of processes running but can't find out how....
  5. Background Process

Background Process: With all the programs closed in my windows 11 I get 110 processes running. However I've seen some people with only 25 or lower, I've tried everything to get that low amount of processes running but can't find out how....
  6. Background Processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Processes: My download speeds are slow. I read some stuff and it says that it could be because of background processes. I currently have 115 background processes and it seems like a bit much from what I see others have. I dont know what to end or how to lower the number. Any answers...
  7. Background Processes

Background Processes: My download speeds are slow. I read some stuff and it says that it could be because of background processes. I currently have 115 background processes and it seems like a bit much from what I see others have. I dont know what to end or how to lower the number. Any answers...
  8. background processes

in Windows 10 Customization
    background processes: Hello, I have two questions about my startup processes, first, I wanted to know if its recommended to disable Windows security notification cause I'm using AVG anti-virus and I'm not sure if it's required to be enabled at my windows startup. Screenshot:...
  9. Background Processes

Background Processes: I just opened my pc and opened taskmanager without opening other apps to see how many programs are running in background. There were more than 50. i removed some apps which i knew i installed and reduced it. Next time again just after booting pc problem remained same. My pc...
  10. Background Processes

Background Processes: Below is a list of programs I found, that were responsible for a severe lag in my laptop, 1) Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 - en-us 2) HP Support Assistant 3) Realtek High Definition Audio Driver 4) Realtek Bluetooth Driver 5) HP System Event Utility 6) HP...