Windows 10: Provide checksums for installer images

Discus and support Provide checksums for installer images in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Been seeing this issue brought up over and over, and the response is always nonsense. Is there an actual technical reason that checksums cannot be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EricFreed, Jun 15, 2019.

1. EricFreed Win User

Provide checksums for installer images

Been seeing this issue brought up over and over, and the response is always nonsense. Is there an actual technical reason that checksums cannot be supplied for downloads? I see answers such as "the download link changes and we cannot provide them".

...Really?

That does not even make sense. No matter what, you are going to have a file, and be able to provide a checksum(s) for it. I am still waiting to see one legitimate answer for why they cannot be provided. Years have gone by, and somehow this issue continues to be ignored.

Is people wanting to double-check file integrity of something they are about to wipe their system with somehow unimportant? Maybe they don't want to find out that the file was damaged halfway through the install process (after they already wiped the drive) with one of the famous and totally uninformative error messages about "missing files" or other nonsense.

I understand that many users are not technically inclined and don't even know what a checksum is, but this is such a small thing that can prevent so much headache.

:)

EricFreed, Jun 15, 2019

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jun 15, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Provide  checksums for installer images [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Provide checksums for installer images

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Provide checksums for installer images

1. Provide checksums for installer images - Similar Threads - Provide checksums installer

2. ExFAT Checksums Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ExFAT Checksums Question: Hi,According to the ExFAT filesystem specification https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/exfat-specification, ExFAT stores checksums of all files and directories in the filesystem. Is there any way to validate that for a given ExFAT filesystem, the stored...
  3. ExFAT Checksums Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ExFAT Checksums Question: Hi,According to the ExFAT filesystem specification https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/exfat-specification, ExFAT stores checksums of all files and directories in the filesystem. Is there any way to validate that for a given ExFAT filesystem, the stored...
  4. ExFAT Checksums Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Winrar checksum error and installation are getting errors too

Winrar checksum error and installation are getting errors too: getting a checksum error while extracting any archive file. I tried using 7zip too, but nothing worked. I have already formatted my PC two times, but I am still getting this error. I tried downloading other rar or zip files all the rar files were in parts file At first, when...
  6. Winrar checksum error and installation are getting errors too

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Winrar checksum error and installation are getting errors too: getting a checksum error while extracting any archive file. I tried using 7zip too, but nothing worked. I have already formatted my PC two times, but I am still getting this error. I tried downloading other rar or zip files all the rar files were in parts file At first, when...
  7. CMOS Checksum error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMOS Checksum error.: Recently I have started to face this problem, When i start my computer, it blacks out and restarts 2 times and then shows up CMOS checksum error and after which the computer boots successfully. can anyone help me fix this?...
  8. CMOS Checksum error.

CMOS Checksum error.: Recently I have started to face this problem, When i start my computer, it blacks out and restarts 2 times and then shows up CMOS checksum error and after which the computer boots successfully. can anyone help me fix this?...
  9. Novice Checksum Questions to check install disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Novice Checksum Questions to check install disc: I downloaded the .iso fil for Windows 10 from the Microsoft site. I ran it through the likes of "Windows and Office Genuine Checker ISO Verifier" which obviously tells me that this is a genuine as expected But when xhecking the resultant burnt disk it tells me it is...
  10. IPV4 Checksum Disabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IPV4 Checksum Disabled: Hi, My organization has an issue with the "No internet" notification but able to surf the internet smoothly. But there's one problem, whenever im trying to open outlook, it won't detect our MFA and it will say, "you're not connected to a network". that includes our Teams,...