Windows 10: Provision Package to control Start Menu tiles

Discus and support Provision Package to control Start Menu tiles in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have created a provisioning package that will control the start menu tiles for a kiosk machine I have having an issue where I can not get the logos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stephen Martin, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Provision Package to control Start Menu tiles

I have created a provisioning package that will control the start menu tiles for a kiosk machine

I have having an issue where I can not get the logos onto the wide tiles.

I have them working on the Square150x150LogoUri="ms-appdata:///local/PinnedTiles/21581260870/<logoname.png> if I have them saved in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\PinnedTiles\21581260870\

When I use Wide310x150LogoUri="ms-appdata:///local/PinnedTiles/<logoname.png>

and save them in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\PinnedTiles\

they are not displayed.

Also the Square150x150LogoUri= didn't work until they were in the "21581260870" folder. Does anyone know the correct folder name for the wide logo location to save them in?

Thank you in advance

Steve

:)

Stephen Martin, Oct 19, 2018

2. Provisioning Package - Only for desktop app

Hi SpikeTJ2,

Provisional packages were designed to apply configuration settings to Windows 10 devices. It focuses only for the development of the personal or IT admin pre-planned settings for selected devices that they need to control. Are you an IT administrator handling
    a small to medium size business?

Developing apps or its settings is a separate branch here. Every application have a different person that develops, they are the only ones that can be asked for a configuration.

For more information how this concept works, you can read more here:

However, Provisioning packages for Windows 10 related concerns are best handled by our team in
    TechNet forums. We recommend that you visit the site and click
    Ask a question. If you don’t have a profile yet, create one and accept the legal terms by checking “I agree”. Once you’re done, click
    Continue. After that, you can now start composing your queries and question about your concerns.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Johann Eva, Oct 19, 2018
  3. DavidY Win User
    Provisioning Packages and Scanstate

I've been experimenting with the new Provisioning Packages in Windows 10. They seem to be the new way to deploy and save customisations.

For instance you can now use the scanstate command (in the Assessment and Deployment Kit or ADK) to save customised software into a provisioning package for use when you create a Recovery Drive, and also for use when you Reset the computer.

Video is here:
    WV9FR-cxFBg

A tutorial similar to the video, showing the detailed steps to create your own provisioning package, is here:
    Create Custom Provisioning Package used to Reset Windows 10 or Create Recovery Drive

There is further discussion of scanstate here:
    https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...-designer.html

DavidY, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Provision Package to control Start Menu tiles

Most Used Apps list vs Tiles in Windows 10 start menu

Thanks Cal.

The reason why we want to introduce Tiles to the users were there were two options - Shortcuts via "All Apps", or Tiles in the Namegroups on the Windows 10 Start Menu.

The users decided to go for Tiles via Start Menu and we want to provision the apps as Tile in the name groups on the Windows 10 Start Menu.

I am not sure how the virtualization solutions you suggested would anywhere help here.

The main concern here is ... why are the apps not appearing in the 6 Most used apps list if they are pinned as Tiles.

Has Microsoft given any statement regarding this ?

John Gorinta, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Provision Package to control Start Menu tiles

1. Provision Package to control Start Menu tiles - Similar Threads - Provision Package control

2. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  3. Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tiles: Hi, I really like the original factory start menu view with all of the tiles. I did someting and now when I click start menu I only get cortona to come up. Is there a fix for this? I know it is likely something easy.... Help!...
  4. Offline provisioning packages do not start during OOBE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Offline provisioning packages do not start during OOBE: Hello, In previous versions of Windows 10 I could use dism to add a provisioning package offline that would automate OOBE for me. I do this by applying the image in WinPE then running dism /image:c:\ /add-provisioningpackage /packagepath:test.ppkg. Starting with 1903 the...
  5. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  6. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  7. Provisioning Package issues

Provisioning Package issues: Hey Yall, I am trying to set up a provisioning package using windows configuration designer to deploy to new Windows 10 machines and am having a lot of issues. I have tried a bare bones .ppkg with only one setting changed and also a full blown custom .ppkg with about 100...
  8. Using Provisioning Packages

Using Provisioning Packages: Hello Everyone, While reading about Provisioning Packages, I cannot figure out where and when to use them? I really appreciate if you could help find some use cases of PP. Why Microsoft came up with the idea of PP? Does they replace GPOs? (if anything to do with GPOs...
  9. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326

Users found this page by searching for:

1. create provisioning package for start menu tiles

2. accountou provisioning package

3. Square150x150LogoUri

4. Provision Package to control Start Menu tiles