Windows 10: Provisioning Package issues

Discus and support Provisioning Package issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey Yall, I am trying to set up a provisioning package using windows configuration designer to deploy to new Windows 10 machines and am having a lot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NACrouch, Jul 30, 2017.

1. NACrouch Win User

Provisioning Package issues

Hey Yall,
    I am trying to set up a provisioning package using windows configuration designer to deploy to new Windows 10 machines and am having a lot of issues.
    I have tried a bare bones .ppkg with only one setting changed and also a full blown custom .ppkg with about 100 changes.
    I have also tried to put the .ppkg on a network share and tried to install it by double clicking it and then by going into the settings and applying the package.
    I have also tried putting it on a usb drive and applying it that way.
    No matter what I do I get an error code 0x80070057.

Ive done a lot of research and so far nothing has worked.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

NACrouch, Jul 30, 2017

2. online electronic parts catalog/Java Runtime Environment doesn't work with windows 10/edge

The message I get when I try to launch the epc (via java runtime environment) is:

Do you want to make changes to this computer?

Provisioning Package Runtime Processing Tool

If I say no, the window closes

If I say yes, I get the following error message:

Provisioning failure

Installation of a provisioning package failed. Please work with the package author to diagnose the problem.

Report error code: 0x80070057

Thanks,

Deb

DebraHobbs, Jul 30, 2017
  3. PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 30, 2017
  4. DavidY Win User

Which setting are you trying to change?
    Some provisioning package settings can't be applied at Runtime by double-clicking.
    Another way to launch them is during Out-of-Box-Experience as part of setup. Put the package on a USB stick ( I seem to recall it must be in the root directory) and then once the computer boots up into the Setup screens, hit the Windows key 5 times. That should in theory install the ppkg.

DavidY, Jul 31, 2017
  5. NACrouch Win User
    Here are the settings I have tried to change with one of the .ppkg. However I also tried to apply a ppkg that only had the computer name setting changed.
    Unfortunately, I have already installed windows 10 on these computers and already went through the setup screen. I really dont want to go through all that again.

Provisioning Package issues [​IMG]

NACrouch, Jul 31, 2017
  6. DavidY Win User
    I tried making a .ppkg which only changed the computer name. I did this in Advanced mode of WCD (rather than going through the 'wizard' for Desktop setup).
    I could get this to install by double-clicking the .ppkg file in a VM running 1703.

I do seem to remember having problems before when I tried to encrypt the .ppkg - I didn't need this as I was just experimenting, so I just skipped that option and also skipped the option about signing it.

DavidY, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Provisioning Package issues - Similar Threads - Provisioning Package issues

2. Provisioning Package Error 1072897687 0xc00ce169

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Provisioning Package Error 1072897687 0xc00ce169: I am trying to deploy this provisioning package in a workstation running Windows 10 22H2. However, I am getting the following error message. The things that I have tried are:Changing the schemas to http since MS says to do httpsChange from a domain username to a local...
  3. Provisioning Package Error 1072897687 0xc00ce169

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Provisioning Package Error 1072897687 0xc00ce169: I am trying to deploy this provisioning package in a workstation running Windows 10 22H2. However, I am getting the following error message. The things that I have tried are:Changing the schemas to http since MS says to do httpsChange from a domain username to a local...
  4. Provisioning Package Error 1072897687 0xc00ce169

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Install .exe app with Provision package

Install .exe app with Provision package: Hi,Has anyone had success using provisioning package to install .exe application before? It seems to work with .msi apps but never or so with .exe. Any suggestion would help!!Thank you so much, Alan...
  6. Provisioning Packages Not Naming Devices?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Provisioning Packages Not Naming Devices?: Hello there all. I come to you with a simple question that hopefully has an equally simple solution. For a while now I've been enrolling devices into AAD with provisioning packages, and I rely heavily on the naming convention to apply via the package so the device pulls the...
  7. Add OEM Provisioning Package to clean install

Add OEM Provisioning Package to clean install: I have the following OEM customization and provisioning package on my C: drive: [img] Where would I copy these files to the standard Windows 10 installation USB flash drive to have them applied during a clean install of Windows 10? My current install is a clean...
  8. Provisioning package fails to install

Provisioning package fails to install: Hello I have setup a test machine with all the settings and apps I need, I have then created a provisioning package Called 'capturedSettings' using the ICD but when I try to install it I get the following error I use the following tutorial on this website to use the...
  9. Using Provisioning Packages

Using Provisioning Packages: Hello Everyone, While reading about Provisioning Packages, I cannot figure out where and when to use them? I really appreciate if you could help find some use cases of PP. Why Microsoft came up with the idea of PP? Does they replace GPOs? (if anything to do with GPOs...
  10. Create Provisioning Package in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Provisioning Package in Windows 10: How to: Create Provisioning Package in Windows 10 Create Custom Provisioning Package used to Reset Windows 10 or Create Recovery Drive [img] Information If you're having problems with Windows 10 on your PC, in some cases you may want to recovery drive which you have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows configuration designer package fails to insta

2. ppkg issue

3. installation of provisioning package failed

4. windows 10 1903 provisioning package,
  5. concerns provisioning package,
  6. multi app kiosk demo ppkg package,
  7. hp windows 10 provisioning package runtime processing tool,
  8. unable to apply ppkg on already provisioned machines,
  9. windows configuration designer provisioning failed,
  10. troubleshooting provisioning packages,
  11. provisioning package issue during installation,