Windows 10: Provisioning Packages Not Naming Devices?

Discus and support Provisioning Packages Not Naming Devices? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there all. I come to you with a simple question that hopefully has an equally simple solution. For a while now I've been enrolling devices into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HeWhoConsumesSushi, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Provisioning Packages Not Naming Devices?

Hello there all. I come to you with a simple question that hopefully has an equally simple solution. For a while now I've been enrolling devices into AAD with provisioning packages, and I rely heavily on the naming convention to apply via the package so the device pulls the correct profile from Intune. Starting today for some reason, the provisioning process doesn't apply the device name anymore, which really slows me down by causing me to have to manually rename the device, reboot it, and then sign into the DEM account on Intune to have it begin pulling the correct profile.

Is there any reason that my .ppkgs would suddenly just... not apply names anymore? My target devices are on RS4... and so I'm not quite sure what the issue may be to be honest.

:)

HeWhoConsumesSushi, Mar 11, 2020

2. Provision Package to control Start Menu tiles

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article on
    Building Windows 10 Provisioning packages

However, the issue you posted is related to Provisioning packages with Windows 10 and would be better suited in the TechNet community. Please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 11, 2020
  3. DavidY Win User
    Provisioning Packages and Scanstate

I've been experimenting with the new Provisioning Packages in Windows 10. They seem to be the new way to deploy and save customisations.

For instance you can now use the scanstate command (in the Assessment and Deployment Kit or ADK) to save customised software into a provisioning package for use when you create a Recovery Drive, and also for use when you Reset the computer.

Video is here:
    WV9FR-cxFBg

A tutorial similar to the video, showing the detailed steps to create your own provisioning package, is here:
    Create Custom Provisioning Package used to Reset Windows 10 or Create Recovery Drive

There is further discussion of scanstate here:
    https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...-designer.html

DavidY, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Provisioning Packages Not Naming Devices?

Provisioning Package - Only for desktop app

Hi SpikeTJ2,

Provisional packages were designed to apply configuration settings to Windows 10 devices. It focuses only for the development of the personal or IT admin pre-planned settings for selected devices that they need to control. Are you an IT administrator handling
    a small to medium size business?

Developing apps or its settings is a separate branch here. Every application have a different person that develops, they are the only ones that can be asked for a configuration.

For more information how this concept works, you can read more here:

However, Provisioning packages for Windows 10 related concerns are best handled by our team in
    TechNet forums. We recommend that you visit the site and click
    Ask a question. If you don’t have a profile yet, create one and accept the legal terms by checking “I agree”. Once you’re done, click
    Continue. After that, you can now start composing your queries and question about your concerns.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Johann Eva, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Provisioning Packages Not Naming Devices?

1. Provisioning Packages Not Naming Devices? - Similar Threads - Provisioning Packages Naming

2. Provisioning Package Error 1072897687 0xc00ce169

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Provisioning Package Error 1072897687 0xc00ce169: I am trying to deploy this provisioning package in a workstation running Windows 10 22H2. However, I am getting the following error message. The things that I have tried are:Changing the schemas to http since MS says to do httpsChange from a domain username to a local...
  3. Provisioning Package Error 1072897687 0xc00ce169

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Provisioning Package Error 1072897687 0xc00ce169: I am trying to deploy this provisioning package in a workstation running Windows 10 22H2. However, I am getting the following error message. The things that I have tried are:Changing the schemas to http since MS says to do httpsChange from a domain username to a local...
  4. Provisioning Package Error 1072897687 0xc00ce169

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Install .exe app with Provision package

Install .exe app with Provision package: Hi,Has anyone had success using provisioning package to install .exe application before? It seems to work with .msi apps but never or so with .exe. Any suggestion would help!!Thank you so much, Alan...
  6. Add OEM Provisioning Package to clean install

Add OEM Provisioning Package to clean install: I have the following OEM customization and provisioning package on my C: drive: [img] Where would I copy these files to the standard Windows 10 installation USB flash drive to have them applied during a clean install of Windows 10? My current install is a clean...
  7. Provisioning Package issues

Provisioning Package issues: Hey Yall, I am trying to set up a provisioning package using windows configuration designer to deploy to new Windows 10 machines and am having a lot of issues. I have tried a bare bones .ppkg with only one setting changed and also a full blown custom .ppkg with about 100...
  8. Provisioning package fails to install

Provisioning package fails to install: Hello I have setup a test machine with all the settings and apps I need, I have then created a provisioning package Called 'capturedSettings' using the ICD but when I try to install it I get the following error I use the following tutorial on this website to use the...
  9. Using Provisioning Packages

Using Provisioning Packages: Hello Everyone, While reading about Provisioning Packages, I cannot figure out where and when to use them? I really appreciate if you could help find some use cases of PP. Why Microsoft came up with the idea of PP? Does they replace GPOs? (if anything to do with GPOs...
  10. Create Provisioning Package in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Provisioning Package in Windows 10: How to: Create Provisioning Package in Windows 10 Create Custom Provisioning Package used to Reset Windows 10 or Create Recovery Drive [img] Information If you're having problems with Windows 10 on your PC, in some cases you may want to recovery drive which you have...