Windows 10: Proxy connection failed

Discus and support Proxy connection failed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, So I've been facing this proxy connection failed issue frequently that I wanted to punch and break my laptop. It usually occurs when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shebinsam, Jun 26, 2019.

1. shebinsam Win User

Proxy connection failed

Hello,

So I've been facing this proxy connection failed issue frequently that I wanted to punch and break my laptop. It usually occurs when the Windows updates itself. So usually I uninstall the update and run on the previous version on which it was working but sometimes right after using the internet, I put my laptop on sleep and then wake it up later on it shows proxy connection failed error again. I tried turning off the proxy from settings but I turns on when I close the settings and open again. I also tried removing proxyenable, proxyserver and those values from the regedit, didn't help. I cannot access LAN settings from inetcpl.cpl as it shows "Some settings are managed by the System administrator" when I'm the admin of the System. Please do help.

:)

shebinsam, Jun 26, 2019
  2. guzelaw Win User

cannot connect to the proxy server/ the proxy server isn't working

Thanks, Anup.

Method 1 worked (although with a little bit of tweaking), so no need to try method 2.

Thanks, once again.

guzelaw, Jun 26, 2019
  3. cannot connect to the proxy server/ the proxy server isn't working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issues while you are trying to connect internet. This might be if your proxy settings is enabled in the system.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better,

1. Is proxy settings enabled in the system?

2. What is the model number of the system?

3. Which browser are you using to access Internet?

4. Did you make any changes to Internet Settings prior to the issue?

Please refer the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: DISABLE PROXY CONNECTION

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.
    • Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.
    • Uncheck the box next to "proxy server for your LAN".
    • Click on OK to save the setting and close window.
    Method 2: RESET Winsock

I would suggest you to reset Winsock.

Follow the steps:

a. Type Command Prompt in the
    Search box.

b. Right click Command Prompt and click
    Run as administrator

c. Press Continue.

d. Type "netsh winsock reset" without the quotes at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Proxy connection failed

An APP is asking for to the proxy data.

Hi Armando,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Which app are you referring to?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps and check for the issue.

Disable proxy server settings:

• Go to the Start Screen.

• Press Windows+ I to view the
      Settings

• Select Internet Options.

• Click on Connection.

• Click on LAN settings.

• Uncheck all the listed items in the proxy and Auto Detect.

• Save the Changes.

• Restart your system.
    If the above steps does not help disable proxy manually.

• Press Windows key + R, Type
      control
      and click on OK.

• Under Settings go to Network.

• View connection settings.

• Click on Network tab.

• Proxy - turn
      off
      proxy.
    Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Proxy connection failed

1. Proxy connection failed - Similar Threads - Proxy connection failed

2. Error connection fail with proxy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error connection fail with proxy: Hi all Can you please help me how to use proxy in win10 I have proxy list alive checked when i added them to change IP and visit websites i had got a lot of error like these: Err_empty_response or err_connection_,reset or error connection fail or website was temporary...
  3. Proxy server specific to a Wifi connection

Proxy server specific to a Wifi connection: My daughter uses her W10 laptop at both school and home. When at home on the WiFi I manage, I want to configure the WiFi connection with a proxy server. Naturally, if the laptop joins another WiFi connection at school or elsewhere, I do not want that proxy server to be...
  4. MS Store fail to connect with localhost proxy

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store fail to connect with localhost proxy: When running with localhost proxy 127.0.0.1:<port> MS Store fail to connect no meter what i try * tried wsreset.ext * added loop LoopbackExempt to all * in MS Edge flags i have checked the "Allow localhost Loopback.." Nothing works , would appreciate if someone from...
  5. Proxy Settings Not Applied to VPN Connection

Proxy Settings Not Applied to VPN Connection: I've configured our Windows 10 workstations laptops to receive proxy settings PAC URL via GPO. On the corporate network, everything is working as expected. When connected to VPN, the internet traffic doesn't traverse the proxy. I just noticed in the Proxy settings...
  6. Proxy connection failed error shows up almost daily

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Proxy connection failed error shows up almost daily: The subject pretty much sums up my problem. Roughly a few months into using my new laptop I first got this error, nothing I couldn't fix with some google search. But after getting that error the first time, it just started appearing more and more often, to the point I get it...
  7. Connectivity - What is a Proxy Setting?

Connectivity - What is a Proxy Setting?: What does a Proxy Setting mean and should it be used - if so in what circumstances? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connectivity-what-is-a-proxy-setting/a850614a-2dff-471f-a6fb-fd76d7dbad79
  8. MS Asks to connect to Proxy- My Office does not use Proxy

MS Asks to connect to Proxy- My Office does not use Proxy: This is a recent change- maybe because of updates? It asks me to connect with a proxy- but in my office we have no proxy connection. I can not find where to change the setting anywhere. When I try ti use FF for a intranet site, FF also asks me a loggin to proxy. 1 Now I...
  9. No/Intermittent connection: missing proxies or unable to detect proxy

No/Intermittent connection: missing proxies or unable to detect proxy: Hello, posting 2 threads in 1 day feels great... Recently my internet on my desktop has been extremely, and I mean EXTREMELY slow, and lately has been cutting out altogether, even thought it says it is connected all the time. Diagnostics reveal "one or more Network...
  10. The proxy server is refusing connections

The proxy server is refusing connections: Had a virus/malware invasion. Ran all my AV/MW programs and think I got rid of it. Now either ie or FF will not access the internet with "the proxy server is refusing connections". Ran the MS troubleshooter, it claimed no problems. Have a win7 machine on the home network, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. proxy connection failed