Windows 10: Proxy error happens daily or every 2 days

Discus and support Proxy error happens daily or every 2 days in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 that has been working great. Recently, I bought a new Dell G3 3579. Both connected to Microsoft account, different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobJarmusz, May 30, 2020.

1. Proxy error happens daily or every 2 days

I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 that has been working great.

Recently, I bought a new Dell G3 3579. Both connected to Microsoft account, different users but same account.

Ever since I bought the new G3 the old 7559 has issues connecting to the internet due to proxy error, every day or two requires reset.

Issue presents when I open Chrome, no internet connection. Says ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED

Same with Firefox and IE. I verify connection to network is fine.

My solution, Network Reset and restart computer. Reconnect and all works fine.

I believe I tried everything to no avail. I even traveled to my parents house on their internet. After a day or 2 same issue and same reset needed. In both cases my computer was also on network with no issues, I keep thinking they are somehow connected messing up the old computer proxy

Proxy Settings:

• Automatically Detect Setting is ON
    • Use Setup Script is OFF
    • Manual proxy setup is OFF

Very frustrating since my wife is non-techy and I need to be present to reset every morning.

Any help would be great. I downloaded and ran malwarebytes and CCleaner, no help

Windows 10 Version: 10.0.18362 Build 18362

This has been happening for a few months, finally decided to send this request.

:)

RobJarmusz, May 30, 2020
  2. dcf-joe Win User

Proxy Server?

When I was in high school, I used this website. It is a website that lists working proxies, updated daily. If you choose the right ones, you can actually successfully watch youtube videos through the proxy!

dcf-joe, May 30, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Proxy Server?

bah, this site is blocked.

4. stevie Win User

Proxy error happens daily or every 2 days

Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings

@Compumind @Samuria

Hi - Just so you know, I'm marking this "problem solved". I found this online How to Solve the Windows Could Not Automatically Detect Network Proxy Settings Error. Doing the last step under #2 is what solved the problem. McAvee is still scanning incoming. McAvee & Malwarebytes still show no problems with a full scan. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

stevie, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Proxy error happens daily or every 2 days

1. Proxy error happens daily or every 2 days - Similar Threads - Proxy error happens

2. Scheduled daily task start missed every day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scheduled daily task start missed every day: I have two Windows 11 computers. One running 21H2 and one running 23H2. I run an automatic backup program every day to back these machines up to a file server. That backup program has always started late so I created a simple task scheduler job just to wake the computer up...
  3. Scheduled daily task start missed every day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduled daily task start missed every day: I have two Windows 11 computers. One running 21H2 and one running 23H2. I run an automatic backup program every day to back these machines up to a file server. That backup program has always started late so I created a simple task scheduler job just to wake the computer up...
  4. Help Please, BDOD happening every day.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Please, BDOD happening every day.: Hello,I am getting BSOD multiple times a day, and have been for months. I have tried different solutions based on google searches but nothing seems to be fixing it. I get different stop codes, here are the most recent. KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, APC INDEX MISMATCH, IRQL NOT...
  5. BSoDs every 1-2 days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoDs every 1-2 days: I get BSoDs every 1-2 days saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION, APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE just now and they all happened randomly. I didn't do anything before the BSoDs started happening, I've tried reinstalling...
  6. BSoD every 1-2 days

BSoD every 1-2 days: I get BSoDs every 1-2 days while using my computer, it restarts and boots back immediately but it's getting annoying, minidump files and msinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AumN4IeuuOd9gy10p9mAVwwN1u7n?e=YEoMCf I didn't make any changes before and after the BSoDs started, i'm not...
  7. BSoD every 1-2 days.

BSoD every 1-2 days.: Hi, I've been getting lots of BSoDs recently. System was also stuttering a lot - audio and video drops. The stuttering problem seemed to have been caused by my joystick - a faulty connection I think. I've unplugged that and thought all was well until another BSoD this...
  8. File History Error 200 Every 2 Days?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History Error 200 Every 2 Days?: I get the FH history error 200 every 2 to 3 days without fail which according to Event Viewer says this "Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config" I fix it by stopping FH using my current drive...
  9. File History Error 200 Every 2 Days?

in Windows 10 Support
    File History Error 200 Every 2 Days?: I get the FH history error 200 every 2 to 3 days without fail which according to Event Viewer says this "Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config" I fix it by stopping FH using my current drive...
  10. BSOD happening every day now

BSOD happening every day now: I started getting this bsod a few weeks ago. Lately the screen is unreadable when everything crashes however before it started doing that I would get WHEA_uncorrectable_error. Any help would be appreciated. I've attached the debug folder like the tutorial said. I...