Windows 10: Proxy Problem

Discus and support Proxy Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello.; I have many set of problems going on ....I am using Windows 10 home....yesterday suddenly i was not able to change the proxy address and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vennelaganti, May 11, 2019.

1. Proxy Problem

Hello.;

I have many set of problems going on ....I am using Windows 10 home....yesterday suddenly i was not able to change the proxy address and the LAN settings optionwas blurred out....an info was shown that some setting are managed by system administrator....and well i am the system administrator....also after this the search bar in the settings app and also cortana have stopped working....any help would be appreciated.....

Thanks in advance

:)

Vennelaganti, May 11, 2019
  2. dcf-joe Win User

Proxy Server?

When I was in high school, I used this website. It is a website that lists working proxies, updated daily. If you choose the right ones, you can actually successfully watch youtube videos through the proxy!

dcf-joe, May 11, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Proxy Server?

bah, this site is blocked.

4. fenurch Win User

Proxy Problem

Using 'foreign' proxies

So, the problem is following - Some games require you to be a citizen of a particular country however you can bypass this by using a proxy (as far as my understanding goes). The problem is that apparently these proxy hacks/ports (I'm not sure of the proper name) are often malicious software. So, how does one know if the proxy software is any good and without harmful ingredients?

My scenario is about a MMORPG called Vindictus which has an IP ban on anything apart from Continental America (and I'm obviously European). Many people have suggested to use proxy software to bypass this but I'm rather confused as to what I should use. Some guy suggested this one (after a really quick google search) - Hotspot Shield VPN, The Fastest Most Secure Virtual Private Network
    However, since I have no experience with either proxy software or this particular program, I have no idea whether it's genuine or one of the hacker attempts.

fenurch, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Proxy Problem

1. Proxy Problem - Similar Threads - Proxy Problem

2. proxy setting problems..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    proxy setting problems..: proxy settings are stopping one of my sites. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proxy-setting-problems/8daf048f-5e85-4ac2-a2f6-9fe66d5fda1e
  3. proxy setting problems..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    proxy setting problems..: proxy settings are stopping one of my sites. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proxy-setting-problems/8daf048f-5e85-4ac2-a2f6-9fe66d5fda1e
  4. Why do i face a problem when connecting to network after modifying a proxy of another wifi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i face a problem when connecting to network after modifying a proxy of another wifi?: My high school provide an open wifi but it requires a modification in the proxy settings.To ensure that I don't have to reset my proxy settings every time I connect to a different network, i haven't changed them from the control panel and only modified them for the high...
  5. Why do i face a problem when connecting to network after modifying a proxy of another wifi?

Why do i face a problem when connecting to network after modifying a proxy of another wifi?: My high school provide an open wifi but it requires a modification in the proxy settings.To ensure that I don't have to reset my proxy settings every time I connect to a different network, i haven't changed them from the control panel and only modified them for the high...
  6. Problem with detecting proxy server by win. 8.1.

Problem with detecting proxy server by win. 8.1.: Problem with auto detecting proxy server by win. 8.1 internet conn. is working but says router is limited , also Ethernet is limited. On setting everything is ok. Option automatically detect proxy setting is ON. Shutting off router didn't help. What can I do more? Something...
  7. Problem with detecting proxy server by win. 8.1.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with detecting proxy server by win. 8.1.: Problem with auto detecting proxy server by win. 8.1 internet conn. is working but says router is limited , also Ethernet is limited. On setting everything is ok. Option automatically detect proxy setting is ON. Shutting off router didn't help. What can I do more? Something...
  8. Proxy problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proxy problem: My wifi tab in settings had dissapeared i troubleshooted and it said Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings i search it up and find out i have to go into internet properties, then connections, then lan settings and turn on the automatically...
  9. Anyone can help me to remove Proxy virus problem?

Anyone can help me to remove Proxy virus problem?: I already used bellow works only remove auto proxy system but manual still remain ! [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet...
  10. Base Filtering Engine Error 5/firewall/proxy server problem

Base Filtering Engine Error 5/firewall/proxy server problem: My firewall isnt working anymore and neither is my internet. When running Windows Troubleshooting, it says "Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings". Whenever I try to connect to the internet, only airplane mode is shown. No, I'm not connected to...