Windows 10: Proxy Server Not Shutting Off

Discus and support Proxy Server Not Shutting Off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some odd reason my proxy keeps turning on after I turn it off and it keeps connecting to 127.0.0.1 with port 8556. When I checked the registry I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MattT6, Sep 25, 2018.

1. MattT6 Win User

Proxy Server Not Shutting Off

For some odd reason my proxy keeps turning on after I turn it off and it keeps connecting to 127.0.0.1 with port 8556. When I checked the registry I found an "unknown account" under the permissions for internet settings tab. I tried to revoke that account's permissions but it didn't work. Every time I deleted the unknown user it would just reappear.

:)

MattT6, Sep 25, 2018
  2. dcf-joe Win User

Proxy Server?

When I was in high school, I used this website. It is a website that lists working proxies, updated daily. If you choose the right ones, you can actually successfully watch youtube videos through the proxy!

dcf-joe, Sep 25, 2018
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Proxy Server?

bah, this site is blocked.

4. Jaune Bel Win User

proxy server

We appreciate your time responding back to us. Enabling the proxy server isn't safe for your computer. We'd like to know why would you want to use the proxy server.

In the meantime, we suggest that you go to this link for a variety of steps and workarounds that you can use to

fix network connection issues in Windows 10
    . Once you're in the link, look for the
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands section and follow its steps. This will help us identify where the issue is coming from and fix it right away.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Proxy Server Not Shutting Off - Similar Threads - Proxy Server Shutting

2. Proxy server will not stay off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Proxy server will not stay off: I bought a gaming computer last year and it works super great, except for one thing that I've been noticing is a problem of late. My internet started to slow down a lot, and some Steam games will not open. I did some hunting around and found out there is apparently a proxy...
  3. Proxy server will not stay off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Proxy server will not stay off: I bought a gaming computer last year and it works super great, except for one thing that I've been noticing is a problem of late. My internet started to slow down a lot, and some Steam games will not open. I did some hunting around and found out there is apparently a proxy...
  4. Proxy server will not stay off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Proxy Servers

Proxy Servers: Is it advisable to use a proxy server for my wireless network? Setup script address was 127.0.0.1:86...Is this a normal configuration? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proxy-servers/f9dcdd46-0421-4e37-b477-24943eeb017a
  6. Proxy server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Proxy server: For quite some time after a Microsoft Update I have had to manually turn off the proxy server each day in order to get on the internet. The "Save" button is greyed out, so unable to save the turned off setting. I have spoken to techs about this and they ran some tests, but to...
  7. Proxy Server keeps turning on when turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Proxy Server keeps turning on when turned off: The manual proxy server keeps turning on every few minutes. I tried many ways to fix it. None worked. Even using a VPN doesn't work. It's a personal computer with Windows 10 Home. If someone can help me I really appreciate it....
  8. Proxy Server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Proxy Server: On Windows 10, every time I try to access a web site a message comes up stating the "Proxy Server cannot be accessed" I then have to go to Proxy and turn a yes switch to a no for the site I am attempting to access. When I am in the site if I want to go to a hyperlink, the...
  9. proxy servers

proxy servers: Do I need to have a proxy server on my Notebook connection to the world wide web? Scott G....
  10. Proxy Server

Proxy Server: I have Internet access but on a lot of sites it says that I can't get on the site because of the Proxy Server. This is only happening on one Computer and my other 3 have no problems but they don't have windows 10? 18589

Users found this page by searching for:

1. proxy server not turning off

2. cant connect to proxy always pops up help win 10