Windows 10: proxy server problem

Discus and support proxy server problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my proxy server is always turning on, it always shows http=127.0.0.1:8080;https=127.0.0.1:8080. when i use chrome to browse it shows Unable to connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by uche_ucy, Jan 13, 2019.

1. uche_ucy Win User

proxy server problem

my proxy server is always turning on, it always shows http=127.0.0.1:8080;https=127.0.0.1:8080. when i use chrome to browse it shows Unable to connect to the proxy server. what should i do to stop it, i always reinstall windows any time it happens. am using windows 10.

:)

uche_ucy, Jan 13, 2019
  2. dcf-joe Win User

Proxy Server?

When I was in high school, I used this website. It is a website that lists working proxies, updated daily. If you choose the right ones, you can actually successfully watch youtube videos through the proxy!

dcf-joe, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Proxy server problem

There's a problem for proxy server. Whenever I go to my internet browser for my Windows 10 laptop, the proxy server can't connect, even though my internet is connected. I have no choice but to reset my computer to the beginning and then later the internet
    browser works online. And several days later the proxy server won't connect, though my internet still connected, and have no choice but to reset my computer again and later the browser works online again. I have that problem twice. Does anybody have that problem?
    Also is there another way to prevent this again? I'm worried there might be a problem again. Any suggestions would be more helpful.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Heavyman_982, Jan 13, 2019
  4. proxy server problem

Proxy Server Automatic reset

Hi Yashwanth,

Let’s check the proxy settings and modify them if they are not configured correctly.

• Type Proxy on the start menu search, click on Change Proxy settings.

• Under Automatic Proxy setup.

• Move the Automatically detect settings bar to ON.

• Under Manual Proxy settings.

• Move the Use a proxy server bar to OFF.

If the issue persists even after disabling the proxy settings, check the proxy settings in Internet Explorer. Follow the steps to disable proxy.

• Click the Gear box at the top right corner in Internet Explorer.

• Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.

• Uncheck the option Use a Proxy Server for your LAN.

• Click Apply and Ok to cave changes.

You can also check if some third party software is causing the problem. Try to uninstall the program and see if it corrects the problem.

Hope this helps. Do get back to us should you need further assistance.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

proxy server problem

1. proxy server problem - Similar Threads - proxy server problem

2. Problem with detecting proxy server by win. 8.1.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with detecting proxy server by win. 8.1.: Problem with auto detecting proxy server by win. 8.1 internet conn. is working but says router is limited , also Ethernet is limited. On setting everything is ok. Option automatically detect proxy setting is ON. Shutting off router didn't help. What can I do more? Something...
  3. Problem with detecting proxy server by win. 8.1.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with detecting proxy server by win. 8.1.: Problem with auto detecting proxy server by win. 8.1 internet conn. is working but says router is limited , also Ethernet is limited. On setting everything is ok. Option automatically detect proxy setting is ON. Shutting off router didn't help. What can I do more? Something...
  4. Proxy Servers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proxy Servers: Is it advisable to use a proxy server for my wireless network? Setup script address was 127.0.0.1:86...Is this a normal configuration? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proxy-servers/f9dcdd46-0421-4e37-b477-24943eeb017a
  5. Proxy server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Proxy server: For quite some time after a Microsoft Update I have had to manually turn off the proxy server each day in order to get on the internet. The "Save" button is greyed out, so unable to save the turned off setting. I have spoken to techs about this and they ran some tests, but to...
  6. Proxy Server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Proxy Server: On Windows 10, every time I try to access a web site a message comes up stating the "Proxy Server cannot be accessed" I then have to go to Proxy and turn a yes switch to a no for the site I am attempting to access. When I am in the site if I want to go to a hyperlink, the...
  7. proxy servers

proxy servers: Do I need to have a proxy server on my Notebook connection to the world wide web? Scott G....
  8. Proxy Server Error

Proxy Server Error: All of a sudden (no changes or updates) I am getting the following proxy server error on my desktop computer. I used to fix error by doing a shutdown but now that is not working....
  9. proxy server settings

proxy server settings: afternoon all, i have recently put a lot of effort in to setting up a media server. i'm getting a big issue with windows being stupid and trying to use my proxy server on local addresses even though i told it not to. this is infuriating because it overloads my proxy...
  10. Proxy Server

Proxy Server: I have Internet access but on a lot of sites it says that I can't get on the site because of the Proxy Server. This is only happening on one Computer and my other 3 have no problems but they don't have windows 10? 18589