Windows 10: Proxy server specific to a Wifi connection

Discus and support Proxy server specific to a Wifi connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My daughter uses her W10 laptop at both school and home. When at home on the WiFi I manage, I want to configure the WiFi connection with a proxy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kennelm, Dec 28, 2020.

1. kennelm Win User

Proxy server specific to a Wifi connection

My daughter uses her W10 laptop at both school and home. When at home on the WiFi I manage, I want to configure the WiFi connection with a proxy server. Naturally, if the laptop joins another WiFi connection at school or elsewhere, I do not want that proxy server to be enforced since it will not be available outside the home network I realize I could create a DNS name for my local proxy server and open a port on my router into my home LAN but I prefer to not do that.

How can I set up a proxy server specific to the connection to my home WiFi?

Please do not reply with details on how to set up a global proxy server on W10. That I know how to do.

:)

kennelm, Dec 28, 2020

2. Unable to connect to Google servers

There are cases that web content are blocked due to proxy server settings. We suggest that you remove the check mark on the the proxy server box, follow the steps below:

• Type Internet Options in the Ask me anything bar.
    • Click on Connections tab.
    • Click on LAN settings.
    • Remove check in Proxy server box.
    Once done, access your Google apps and check if issue persist.

Send your post to keep us updated on how the steps goes.

Darwin Dim, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Microsoft edge - "Can't connect to the proxy server"

Hi Marius,

If you're using a proxy server, it is possible that the issue is with the proxy settings. We recommend checking for the proxy settings to see if it is correct. To access the proxy settings, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Network & Internet.
    • On the left pane, choose Proxy.

If the proxy settings are correct, we recommend that you disable Use a proxy server and enable
    Automatically detect settings. After enabling the automatic settings, check if you will be able connect to the Internet.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Dec 28, 2020
  4. guzelaw Win User

cannot connect to the proxy server/ the proxy server isn't working

Thanks, Anup.

Method 1 worked (although with a little bit of tweaking), so no need to try method 2.

Thanks, once again.

guzelaw, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Proxy server specific to a Wifi connection - Similar Threads - Proxy server specific

2. Connecting an Application to the Internet via a Proxy Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting an Application to the Internet via a Proxy Server: An application which I use has the option to specify manual proxy configuration for access to the Internet. I have tried to enter the figures of various free proxy servers, but connection was not established. Perhaps I entered wrong figures.Does anyone know what figures have...
  3. Connecting an Application to the Internet via a Proxy Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting an Application to the Internet via a Proxy Server: An application which I use has the option to specify manual proxy configuration for access to the Internet. I have tried to enter the figures of various free proxy servers, but connection was not established. Perhaps I entered wrong figures.Does anyone know what figures have...
  4. Proxy Servers

Proxy Servers: Is it advisable to use a proxy server for my wireless network? Setup script address was 127.0.0.1:86...Is this a normal configuration? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proxy-servers/f9dcdd46-0421-4e37-b477-24943eeb017a
  5. Proxy server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Proxy server: For quite some time after a Microsoft Update I have had to manually turn off the proxy server each day in order to get on the internet. The "Save" button is greyed out, so unable to save the turned off setting. I have spoken to techs about this and they ran some tests, but to...
  6. Proxy Server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Proxy Server: On Windows 10, every time I try to access a web site a message comes up stating the "Proxy Server cannot be accessed" I then have to go to Proxy and turn a yes switch to a no for the site I am attempting to access. When I am in the site if I want to go to a hyperlink, the...
  7. proxy servers

proxy servers: Do I need to have a proxy server on my Notebook connection to the world wide web? Scott G....
  8. Proxy Server

Proxy Server: I have Internet access but on a lot of sites it says that I can't get on the site because of the Proxy Server. This is only happening on one Computer and my other 3 have no problems but they don't have windows 10? 18589
  9. Modern Apps can't connect to proxy server

Modern Apps can't connect to proxy server: Hi everyone, I have a little problem with Modern Apps on Windows 10, they can't connect to the proxy server when I am using its url, ej "proxy.*.com" but they connect fine if I use the proxy IP. The DNS Client is running and tried flushing the DNS Cache but it didn't solved...
  10. The proxy server is refusing connections

The proxy server is refusing connections: Had a virus/malware invasion. Ran all my AV/MW programs and think I got rid of it. Now either ie or FF will not access the internet with "the proxy server is refusing connections". Ran the MS troubleshooter, it claimed no problems. Have a win7 machine on the home network, it...