Windows 10: Proxy Servers

Discus and support Proxy Servers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it advisable to use a proxy server for my wireless network? Setup script address was 127.0.0.1:86...Is this a normal configuration?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Relevant Reviewer, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Proxy Servers

Is it advisable to use a proxy server for my wireless network? Setup script address was 127.0.0.1:86...Is this a normal configuration?

:)

Relevant Reviewer, Nov 25, 2020
  2. dcf-joe Win User

Proxy Server?

When I was in high school, I used this website. It is a website that lists working proxies, updated daily. If you choose the right ones, you can actually successfully watch youtube videos through the proxy!

dcf-joe, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Proxy server

• For quite some time after a Microsoft Update I have had to manually turn off the proxy server each day in order to get on the internet. The "Save" button is greyed out, so unable to save the turned off setting. I have spoken to techs about this and they
      ran some tests, but to no avail. Any suggestions? It's a pain to have to redo this each day when I restart my laptop.

Daveydoodlebug, Nov 25, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Proxy Servers

Proxy Server?

bah, this site is blocked.

Thema:

Proxy Servers

1. Proxy Servers - Similar Threads - Proxy Servers

2. Proxy server http://127.0.0.1:86/ does not change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proxy server http://127.0.0.1:86/ does not change: I have been facing a problem with changing my proxy server. When I change it, it always keeps turning back to http://127.0.0.1:86/. I've tried all the solutions mentioned except for resetting my computer. I also tried to delete or change some files on regedit but it did not...
  3. What is a proxy server and why might I want to use one?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is a proxy server and why might I want to use one?: What is a proxy server and why might I want to use one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-proxy-server-and-why-might-i-want-to-use/26ead5c1-cc4e-4259-b2ab-fc69f88143bb
  4. Proxy server specific to a Wifi connection

Proxy server specific to a Wifi connection: My daughter uses her W10 laptop at both school and home. When at home on the WiFi I manage, I want to configure the WiFi connection with a proxy server. Naturally, if the laptop joins another WiFi connection at school or elsewhere, I do not want that proxy server to be...
  5. Windows could not automatically detect the network’s proxy server settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows could not automatically detect the network’s proxy server settings: About the time of the last Windows 10 update, my PC lost its reliable WiFi connectivity to the internet. Troubleshooting yielded the error message in the title of this post. Researching the "try this" approaches to fix the problem, I have completed the following:...
  6. How do I enable proxy server settings?

How do I enable proxy server settings?: Dear all, I've been having a lot of trouble trying to setup proxies in the LAN settings but every time I add a new proxy that is up and working, my web browser would still give me this error message"unable to connect to the proxy server". I don't know if there's another...
  7. Manual Proxy setup use a proxy server will not stay off. What can I do?

Manual Proxy setup use a proxy server will not stay off. What can I do?: Manual Proxy setup use a proxy server will not stay off. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manual-proxy-setup-use-a-proxy-server-will-not/9415b0e9-6eec-49b8-9c21-e1e34d71ba8b
  8. Proxy server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Proxy server: For quite some time after a Microsoft Update I have had to manually turn off the proxy server each day in order to get on the internet. The "Save" button is greyed out, so unable to save the turned off setting. I have spoken to techs about this and they ran some tests, but to...
  9. Base Filtering Engine Error 5/firewall/proxy server problem

Base Filtering Engine Error 5/firewall/proxy server problem: My firewall isnt working anymore and neither is my internet. When running Windows Troubleshooting, it says "Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings". Whenever I try to connect to the internet, only airplane mode is shown. No, I'm not connected to...
  10. Proxy Server keeps turning on after turning off in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Proxy Server keeps turning on after turning off in Windows 10: The manual proxy server keeps turning on every few minutes. I tried many ways to fix it. None worked. Even using a VPN doesn't work. It's a personal computer with Windows 10 Home. If someone can help me I really appreciate it....