Windows 10: Proxy settings by Admin user to other users get automatically reset

Discus and support Proxy settings by Admin user to other users get automatically reset in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For EC2 Windows server creation, I have to write everything in powershell userdata script. So I have the command to set proxy:Set-ItemProperty -Path... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mpandey101, Jul 8, 2022.

1. Proxy settings by Admin user to other users get automatically reset

For EC2 Windows server creation, I have to write everything in powershell userdata script. So I have the command to set proxy:Set-ItemProperty -Path $regKey -Name ProxyServer -Value ...Set-ItemProperty -Path $regKey -Name ProxyEnable -Value ...I can see the values in registry as well after the above commands are run. But as soon something get triggered that will use that proxy for that user, it will automatically reset to something like ProxyEnable as 0 and deletes ProxyServer key.But after the set up, if I just login with the user for which proxy was set and open Internet Explorer once not

:)

mpandey101, Jul 8, 2022

2. proxy settings..

Hi,

Issues with the proxy settings are usually caused by broken system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the registry? Kindly provide us a screenshot of the changes that you made.
    • To avoid redundancy, what are the troubleshooting steps that you've already performed?

In the meantime, we suggest that you create a test user profile. Check if you will have the same issue with proxy settings. This is for us to verify if the issue is isolated with one user profile or with multiple accounts.

To create a test user profile, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana search, type Settings and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Choose Add someone else to this PC.
    • Click I don't have this person's sign-in information.
    • Click Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    • Name the user as TEST and then provide a password.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 8, 2022
  3. Set Proxy for all Users

I need to set the proxy in Windows 10 Pro for all users. I need it to only be changeable by admin.

JParkerSISD, Jul 8, 2022
  4. stevie Win User

Proxy settings by Admin user to other users get automatically reset

Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings

@Compumind @Samuria

Hi - Just so you know, I'm marking this "problem solved". I found this online How to Solve the Windows Could Not Automatically Detect Network Proxy Settings Error. Doing the last step under #2 is what solved the problem. McAvee is still scanning incoming. McAvee & Malwarebytes still show no problems with a full scan. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

stevie, Jul 8, 2022
Thema:

Proxy settings by Admin user to other users get automatically reset

1. Proxy settings by Admin user to other users get automatically reset - Similar Threads - Proxy settings Admin

2. After setting proxy in admin which gets populated in other users as well and then on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After setting proxy in admin which gets populated in other users as well and then on...: After setting proxy in admin which gets populated in other users as well and then on disabling it keeping the proxy settings , the disable do not reciprocates in user VM....
  3. After setting proxy in admin which gets populated in other users as well and then on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After setting proxy in admin which gets populated in other users as well and then on...: After setting proxy in admin which gets populated in other users as well and then on disabling it keeping the proxy settings , the disable do not reciprocates in user VM....
  4. After setting proxy in admin which gets populated in other users as well and then on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Proxy settings by Admin user to other users get automatically reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Proxy settings by Admin user to other users get automatically reset: For EC2 Windows server creation, I have to write everything in powershell userdata script. So I have the command to set proxy:Set-ItemProperty -Path $regKey -Name ProxyServer -Value ...Set-ItemProperty -Path $regKey -Name ProxyEnable -Value ...I can see the values in registry...
  6. Proxy settings by Admin user to other users get automatically reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Proxy settings by Admin user to other users get automatically reset: For EC2 Windows server creation, I have to write everything in powershell userdata script. So I have the command to set proxy:Set-ItemProperty -Path $regKey -Name ProxyServer -Value ...Set-ItemProperty -Path $regKey -Name ProxyEnable -Value ...I can see the values in registry...
  7. Standard User reset Admin user password!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Standard User reset Admin user password!: Hi, I have a Windows 10 machine with 2 local user accounts. One standard an one admin. The admin user has modified some settings about standard user like the login times using command line net user standardusername /times:M-S,09:00-17:00 But every time the standard user...
  8. OTHER USER CREATED AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OTHER USER CREATED AUTOMATICALLY: I JUST USED NETPLWIZ COMMAND SO THAT I NEED NOT ENTER PASSWORD ON STARTUP BUT WHAT THIS THING DID IS IT CREATED OTHER USER ACCOUNT NOW ON STARTUP SCREEN IT SAYS PLZ ENTER A USER NAME AND PASSWORD but I cannot so then I choose my Microsoft account on left side then enter pin...
  9. Disabling users running Proxy Setting Reset on Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling users running Proxy Setting Reset on Windows: We're utilizing proxy setting for our network but users are able to issue "Rundll32.exe InetCpl.cpl ResetIEtoDefaults" to bypass the settings. Is there a way in GPO to restrict the users on running this command? Our workstations consist of Windows 7 and Windows 10....
  10. Reset/other user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset/other user: I wanted to reset my laptop to give it a new start. So I reset and removed all my files. After when it turned on again, it showed other user and now I don't know what to do plz help for gods sake. Plz don't say to do the hold shift and restart, and go to startup settings....