Windows 10: Proxy Settings Not Applied to VPN Connection

Discus and support Proxy Settings Not Applied to VPN Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've configured our Windows 10 workstations laptops to receive proxy settings PAC URL via GPO. On the corporate network, everything is working as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MWaters-FSF, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Proxy Settings Not Applied to VPN Connection

I've configured our Windows 10 workstations laptops to receive proxy settings PAC URL via GPO. On the corporate network, everything is working as expected. When connected to VPN, the internet traffic doesn't traverse the proxy. I just noticed in the Proxy settings Start>Settings>Network & Internet>Proxy:

"Use a proxy server for ethernet or Wi-Fi connections. These settings don't apply to VPN connections."

That said, how can I enforce proxy settings while on VPN?

:)

MWaters-FSF, Mar 5, 2020
  2. Louie Del Win User

proxy settings wont stay off

Hi Rebecca,

If the Proxy won’t retain its settings as turned off, it’s possible that a software conflict has occurred after the installed updates or it was configured incorrectly. To learn more about the concern, we’d like to confirm the build and version of Windows
    10 that’s installed on your computer. Type winver in the search box to get this information.

Also, have you tried changing the Proxy settings from Control Panel? If you haven’t done it yet, follow these steps:

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Click Internet Options.
    • Select the Connections tab once the Internet Properties window will appear.Click
      LAN settings.
    • Uncheck Use a proxy server for you LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections under
      Proxy server section.
    • Click OK, then Apply and hit
      OK
      again.
    • Restart your computer and check the result.

Let us know if the steps provided will resolve the issue.

Louie Del, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Proxy Settings Not Applied to VPN Connection

Proxy settings are getting enabled automatically

We would suggest you to reset Windows store cache. Please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open run window.
    • Type the following command in run and press Enter
    Command: wsreset.exe

If it does not help, try disabling proxy. Please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R keys, type inetcpl.cpl in run window and press Enter.
    • Click connections tab and then click LAN settings.
    • Click to uncheck "Use proxy server for your LAN" box.
    • Click ok, apply and ok.

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Proxy Settings Not Applied to VPN Connection

1. Proxy Settings Not Applied to VPN Connection - Similar Threads - Proxy Settings Applied

2. free proxy VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    free proxy VPN: free proxy VPN - I INSTALLED THIS. CAN YOU TELL ME IF IT WORKS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-proxy-vpn/43480ea1-ce5a-449e-be3a-aa1d6b497d74
  3. Disabling VPN/Proxy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling VPN/Proxy: i need to disable the vpn and proxy of my system, but i've tried all the tutorials and all but it's not working. please advice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-vpnproxy/4d8ea5b3-3d3e-459b-baa5-88ba744a15b9
  4. How exactly does Windows apply your proxy settings?

How exactly does Windows apply your proxy settings?: For the Windows proxy settings: 1. Can applications simply choose not to use the settings you have defined? For instance, can Firefox decide to route its packets directly to the router instead of through the proxy that you have defined in your Windows settings? 2. Do the...
  5. Connectivity - What is a Proxy Setting?

Connectivity - What is a Proxy Setting?: What does a Proxy Setting mean and should it be used - if so in what circumstances? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connectivity-what-is-a-proxy-setting/a850614a-2dff-471f-a6fb-fd76d7dbad79
  6. Proxy or VPN

Proxy or VPN: when I try to watch amazon prime, it shows that "Your device is connected to the Internet using a VPN or proxy service. Please disable it and try again". while i'm not using any proxy or VPN network. how can I solve this issue?[ATTACH]...
  7. server 2016 RDP Proxy PAC/Proxy settings will n ot apply

server 2016 RDP Proxy PAC/Proxy settings will n ot apply: We have 22 Thin Client servers with domain FL @ 2016. All 22 servers are running 2016 Standard. DC's are Server 2016 Standard. We are also all Windows 10. Patched and running fine. We are migrating to a new web filter that requires us to Use automatic configuration script....
  8. Help to get Thunderbird bypass VPN with proxy settings.

Help to get Thunderbird bypass VPN with proxy settings.: It's been so long since I did any manual proxy anything, but google is driving me nuts with its lockouts and pointless security BS, you can't turn it off or automate it so i need to bypass my VPN so Thunderbird will still get mail without being locked out till I go log into...
  9. How to set Proxy Settings to connect printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to set Proxy Settings to connect printer: How to set Proxy Settings to connect printer? Have a HP printer...Has worked fine & was connected by Wi Fi and not cable. How do I connect back to Wi-Fi via a Proxy? PROXY = unknown to me!...
  10. How to set Proxy Settings to connect printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to set Proxy Settings to connect printer: How to set Proxy Settings to connect printer? Have a HP printer...Has worked fine & was connected by Wi Fi and not cable. How do I connect back to Wi-Fi via a Proxy? PROXY = unknown to me!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. these settings dont apply to vpn connections

2. manual proxy server these dont apply to VPN connections